Thread: Advice Please

Black
    01 Trans Am

Red face Advice Please

Alright, I know that I should NOT do this at all, but I know it can be done. I just bought a new yfz450, and I've given some thought to putting a ball hitch on my car. A buddy of mine had a 98 T/A and he a local shop install a small ball on his and he pulled a seadoo around for years without a single problem. Does anybody have one on their car? The 450 only weighs 350 pounds or so and I've got a motorcycle trailor that is also very light. The 4 wheeler sits right over the axle, so there is VERY LITTLE weight on the actual tongue of the trailor so it won't be that big of a strain on the rear shocks. I don't plan on hauling it very far, and don't really plan on doing it very often either. Just 2 or 3 times a month and always within a 50 mile radius. So flame away and tell me what you think or if anyone here has done this and how did it affect the car.

Sorry for the long post and thanks for any help in advance. BTW my car is an M6 if that helps with the flaming

Adios and vaya con dios ZAPFOOL!!'s Avatar

Victory Red
    2002 Corvette Z06

buy a cheap truck

SUPREME member-oderator oneBADDz's Avatar

Custom Slate Blue
    99 B4C

We used to go to the lake every weekend and there was a V6 camaro that pulled a two jetski trailer there every weekend. Put em in and took em out of the water fine, I see no reason why you shouldn't do it. You have more pulling power than alot of trucks on the road, lol. I'd put some springs or airbags on the car though. Don't listen to flamers, I understand people want to baby their cars in every way, but at the end of the day it's still just a car, let it do it's job

Custom Slate Blue
    99 B4C

Quote Originally Posted by ZAPFOOL!!
    buy a cheap truck
    Alright Mr. bitch-truck, don't be mad cause we have more towing capacity than you

Adios and vaya con dios ZAPFOOL!!'s Avatar

Victory Red
    2002 Corvette Z06

Quote Originally Posted by z_driver1
    Alright Mr. bitch-truck, don't be mad cause we have more towing capacity than you

Stoping ur whining...my truck does that for me

98 Formula
    06 duramax

www.trailerhitches.com has a hidden hitch for the f-bodies for $189. I don't see anything wrong with it. I wouldn't personally do it but I also have a truck and a Durango for that stuff.
    z driver1, lets see who pulls a boat out of the water easier on a wet mossy boat ramp. An f-body with street tires or my 4x4 with mud tires.

Black
    01 Trans Am

Yep thats what I was looking for, thanks. I'm not going to be putting a boat into the water so I won't have to have to worry about getting stuck. Does anybody have a pic of this setup so I can see how well its actually hidden without the hitch on it?

Custom Slate Blue
    99 B4C

Quote Originally Posted by 0rion
    www.trailerhitches.com has a hidden hitch for the f-bodies for $189. I don't see anything wrong with it. I wouldn't personally do it but I also have a truck and a Durango for that stuff.
    z driver1, lets see who pulls a boat out of the water easier on a wet mossy boat ramp. An f-body with street tires or my 4x4 with mud tires.
    lol, let's make it an fbody with drag radials too. The average truck I see on boat ramps is a 2 wheel drive single-track that has to spin em all teh way up the ramp, I've never understood why you'd buy a truck if you weren't going to get one that you could actually use. either way, I don't actually think an fbody is better for any of it that a truck, well, except for this one

98 Formula
    06 duramax

I've always thought those were pretty cool. A guy in my hometown built one of those. Nothing I would own but definitely something different. I see a major problem with those though. When I mud it's always really rough and bumpy. Can you imagine slamming your head through the t-tops on that?
    I hear ya on functional trucks. My brother is a classic example of that. He buys a new truck and either puts a cap or hard tonneau on it, then has to borrow my truck to move furniture and stuff. How much sense does that make??

Quote Originally Posted by z_driver1
    lol, let's make it an fbody with drag radials too. The average truck I see on boat ramps is a 2 wheel drive single-track that has to spin em all teh way up the ramp, I've never understood why you'd buy a truck if you weren't going to get one that you could actually use. either way, I don't actually think an fbody is better for any of it that a truck, well, except for this one

05 Wrangler
    00 Z28 sold :-(

Quote Originally Posted by 0rion
    I hear ya on functional trucks. My brother is a classic example of that. He buys a new truck and either puts a cap or hard tonneau on it, then has to borrow my truck to move furniture and stuff. How much sense does that make??
    They make those roll-up tonneau like covers for the bed...they're probably expensive though

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Yeah, I have a soft tonneau on mine. Most are ~$200 but you can buy really really nice ones for ~$700. I would never put that much money into my truck because it's just a work/hunting/mudding truck and I'm hard on it.

Custom Slate Blue
    99 B4C

My boss and my dad both have 900 dollar roll up covers. Soft on top for the look and aluminum bottomed to prevent being cut through.

quicky06
    my dads f150 had a manual all metal roll up bed cover and now his f250(how i love that 6 lliter diesel when your towing) hasan electric vynel coated aluminum cover. you push a button on a remote and its orls back and you push another button and it rolls foward. can stop it in any spot or let it stop itself. it wont even bend a 5 gallon bucket it stops when it hits it.

Thread Information