Merlin

Adding Cruise Control

I have a no option 00 Z28. I am looking to put Cruise Control on the car. It is a A4. What items/kits would I need to make this happen? I found jcwhitney.com Item ZX810344U. Would this do it or am I just teasing myself it could be that simple?

Red
    2002 Camaro SS

I have been considering doing this to my beater Cavalier, my SS already has cruise and the systems seem to be set up in a similar fashion.

This is kind of general, but might point you in the right direction.
    To do it the 'right' way, with factory parts, you will probably need the following parts: multifunction stalk with the switches, the cruise module itself, the new throttle cables, whatever associated wiring harness the module needs to hook to the pcm, the brake pedal cutoff switch, and wiring to that.

It's usually a very doable thing, just depends on what your tolerance is for tedious pita work. I don't think I would waste my time/money doing a hack job install with any kind of aftermarket unit for a car that has factory parts available. Your best bet is to get the whole setup from a wrecked donor car, certainly would be the most cost effective.

Black
    2000 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin
    I have a no option 00 Z28. I am looking to put Cruise Control on the car. It is a A4. What items/kits would I need to make this happen? I found jcwhitney.com Item ZX810344U. Would this do it or am I just teasing myself it could be that simple?
    JC Whitney is a good company and generally sales quality parts. I would not be afraid to order the cruise control system from them. You could call their customer service and talk to a rep about the system. I feel sure that they will guide you in the right direction. I called them about a year ago on a part that they DID NOT list in their catalog. The rep dug around a bit then told me that they could get the part for me. Which I did and it was a perfect replacement. I have been trading with JC Whitney for many many years and I have never been dis-satisfied with any part that I have ordered from them.

Merlin
    Thanks guys. Your input was very help. I think I will be heading to the direction of the part i listed. Since I plan to drive the Z till she can't go no more... I won't need to have a stalk kit. The Z won't be in any Car shows any time soon especially with my first little one on the way.... daddy's girl
    Last edited by Merlin; 05-04-2006 at 10:05 PM.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

I actually put a jc whitney cruise on my dads truck a few years ago. Pretty straight forward install and if you use wire loom and mount it correctly it looks fine too. I took my time running the wires to keep everything hidden so you really didn't know it was there except for the switch to turn it on and off. Worked great for him. I was surprised at how nice the instructions were for it. It basically walked you through the entire install. I'd say go for it.

Black
    2000 Camaro SS

Congratulations Merlin, on going to have a your first little one !!!
    Last edited by JEB; 05-05-2006 at 07:01 PM.
    JEB

Merlin
    Thanks JEB!!

Thread Information