Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Nbm
    2000 Camaro SS

acceleration at WOT in 1st

Ive had my car for about a month now and im starting to feel like it isnt as fast as it was when i first bought it. I just need some reassurance. Because i could just be getting used to it.

Its a 2000 camaro ss A4 (75,000miles) with a k&n filter and the magnaflow catback and Hankook Ventus Sport K104 275/40ZR17 tires. When i damn near floor it from a stop it barely breaks the tires loose. It does get a little chirp hitting 2nd gear though(stock a4). To me it seems like i should be all over the road in first gear. Does that sound normal? I know its an auto and that has a little to do with it.

Also, does anybody know of any tuning places around Slidell, Louisiana? Im thinking the past owner could have had it on spray and had it tuned for it or something of this sort. Or could have even had more mods and removed them when he sold it. Because i also have drilled and slotted rotors that came on it. But i dont see anything else after market that i know of installed.
    Last edited by totalkos; 11-18-2007 at 11:06 PM.

Pewter
    1999 Camaro SS-M6 #1775

How many miles are on the car?
    1999 Camaro SS/ Pewter/ #1775 - LS1 6-speed - Predator 3 Custom Tune - Pro 5.0 - LS7 Clutch - 3.90's - Koni's - Strano Springs and Sway Bars - SFC's - Full UMI Chassis and Suspension - LS6 Intake PnP TB - ARH LT's and Kitty Ran Away - Magnaflow.

12.6 at 112

http://www.fquick.com/Tyler_LS1

Nbm
    2000 Camaro SS

oops, sorry, about 75,000. It runs great. I dont know a whole lot about these cars yet, but i think it needs a tune.

Pewter
    1999 Camaro SS-M6 #1775

Have you checked plugs, wires, and fuel filter?

Do you have Traction control?

Nbm
    2000 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler_LS1 View Post
    Have you checked plugs, wires, and fuel filter?

Do you have Traction control?
    I have just the blank place for traction control, but i read on here somewhere that i could buy a switch and it would work. Not that i want it....

I have a new fuel filter, and the plugs and wires are still good but i wanna replace them anyways. I don't think the fuel filter is bad, but i bought a WIX one anyways to put in this weekend, I also got a polyurethane transmission mount because i know ill break the stock one quick. Ive broke many on past cars

I also should have added that it has the 3.23 gears. Ive also read here that with 3.73 gears it should be hard to get traction in first gear when i really lay into it. To me .5 shouldn't make THAT big of a difference from no traction to full traction. Which has lead me to believe something might be wrong?

Another question, I donut plan on ever replacing the gears in this thing until the rear end goes boom and i upgrade to a 12bolt. Id rather keep my slightly lower rpms and higher top speed. How much would i shave off the quarter mile say with 3.73 gears or 4.10s though? i don't plan on doing it until the new rear but im just curious.

Nbm
    2000 Camaro SS

Is it possible for the traction control to already be on even though i dont have the switch?

I see it light up on the dash when i turn the car on but it doesn't stay.

Pewter
    1999 Camaro SS-M6 #1775

If I were you i would stick with your 3.23 but dont go any higher than 3.73's

Its hard to say whats wrong, it could be you tranny, i get the fluid and filter changed for starters.

Does it spin when you power brake it?

Something is surely not right cause it should easily spin the tires when taking off

Oriental Blue
    2001 Trans Am WS.6 M6

dude nothings wrong, i remember when i had my auto i was feeling the same way after a couple months, i was thinking...am i losing power? track confirmed that i was always in the same spot, your just used to the power youve got, maybe you should upgrade to a
    Z06

Oriental Blue
    2001 Trans Am WS.6 M6

oh and my auto wouldnt break them loose from a dead stop either(only every now and then while launching it at the track) but having the six speed makes a world of difference as far as the whole traction problems goes

Pewter
    1999 Camaro SS-M6 #1775

heck our truck and my moms car spins the tires when taking off

Pewter
    1999 Camaro SS-M6 #1775

I figured with the SS it would be easier

pewter
    2002 Trans Am

shit yalls autos suck. i have few mods and i can light up easily. its fun but annoying

Nbm
    2000 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by '00T/A View Post
    dude nothings wrong, i remember when i had my auto i was feeling the same way after a couple months, i was thinking...am i losing power? track confirmed that i was always in the same spot, your just used to the power youve got, maybe you should upgrade to a
    Z06
    Yeah thats what i was thinking? It will spin at dead take off, but it doesn't go sideways or anything like you'd THINK it would. it doesn't full on spin, but they do lose traction a bit. not really much though.

Whats weird is when i test drove the car, I got it to go a little sideways at about 40mph by stomping it. Then the dealer put the new tires on it. And they seem really sticky, When they do spin they don't hardly make any noise, they seem really sticky, does anybody have any experience with Hankook Ventus Sport K104 275/40ZR17 tires?

I wish i could get a z06! i will have one ONE day!!! loved vettes since i was a kid.

Okay another question:

I have slotted and drilled rotors on the front(previous owner) And the calipers are painted red. Im hoping they are still the regular calipers. Is there any way to tell if they are the stock calipers or not just at a glance? I need to install new pads.

This Sunday i plan on. Fuel filter, Transmission fluid, Rear end fluid, Brake pads, and coolant flush. I don't have much time. Sunday is my only day off and i have to work in the sand because of where i live >

08 Mustang GT/CS Blue
    2002 Trans Am WS6 traded

probably just your new tires sticking rather than a problem! Be happy-traction=fast. I don't have experience with that particular tire, but i can tell you after 2 sets of tires that a good set vs. a worn out set can be night and day. Just before I replaced my last set I was actually starting to wonder if i had a rear end problem because it was getting 'squirrely' so easy..

blue
    1998 trans am ws6

man i wish i had that problem i spin so easily its ridiculous. I have an auto too but i have a good deal of mods and my tires are gone. once u start modding that traction will b gone real quick. when i floor it at about 40 and it downshifts i usually start to go sideways its fun but i would be so much faster if i hooked up it would be amazing
    Built A4 with B&M Transpak shift kit, Hooker Lt's, 0RY, 4in cutout, Debaffled, K&N, SLP Lid, Bellows, p+p+descreened MAF,TB bypass, 180 degree Theromostat, AC removed, RP Trans fluid, oil, MSD 8.5 wires, Autolite Xtreme perf plugs, Nitto DR

Coming soon SFC, 373 gears, 96mm intake/96mm TB, Tune

Bright Red
    2000 Pontiac Trans Am WS6

NOT spinning the tires is not always a BAD thing....

My 323 geared 2000 SS A4 car (when bone stock) wouldn't spin the tires just by flooring it from a dead stop either. The Yokohamas seemed to always hook pretty well. Swapped in a 3600 stall and spinning became a "problem", even with drag radials on the street. I wouldn't be too concerned with whether it'll fry the tires or not. Junk tires were probably on the car when you originally test drove it.
    2002 Silverado Z71 ECSB HPTuners tuned by yours truly
    2000 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 6.0, 4L80E, 9" rear
    webpage: http://www.fquick.com/rel3rd/

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Quote Originally Posted by 2fast2blegal View Post
    shit yalls autos suck. i have few mods and i can light up easily. its fun but annoying
    We both are in San Antonio. Wanna run my auto? LOL

98 Formula
    06 duramax

my a4 car will burn a set of drag radials off....anywhere below 30mph that's with lca's, lca relocation brackets, and torque arm at -1 degree. TA will be going to -2 degrees before next year.

blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

try changing your oil...mine was having the same problem..changed the oil and filter..and she is back to her normal self..burning through first and chirping 2nd

blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

.......yea...about that

Thread Information