blue
    99z28 a4

abs,brake and asr light on

they stay on while driving can anybody give me any advise as where to look to ....

the asr and the parking brake are functional but the lights will not turn off

its a 98z28 107k i just picked it up last month for 1700 runs good a few problems but the mods made it worth it

the guy i bought it from (who wont answer his phone) claims the rearend is not stock . it does have a lg motorsports rear end cover but im not sure if its stock or not
    this morning none of them stayed on i was surprised but after about 10mins they came on and i lost power to my left headlights

any help is greatly appreciated thanks

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

I would start with checking the wheel speed sensors at each rear wheel...make sure the sensors are clean, plugged in, and the wiring is OK. If it is a 3 channel, the sensor is on the pumpkin.

You could also have a bad ECBM...most unlikely I would think.

Not sure how true this is, but I've also read that a bad 3rd brake light will cause this. Again, only read about this before and am not sure to its truth.

blue
    99z28 a4

thanks i will check tommarrow i have 3.23s from the factory according to the vin so im not sure if thats 3 or 4 channel but ill look into it thanks again

Quote Originally Posted by 35th-ANV-SS View Post
    I would start with checking the wheel speed sensors at each rear wheel...make sure the sensors are clean, plugged in, and the wiring is OK. If it is a 3 channel, the sensor is on the pumpkin.

You could also have a bad ECBM...most unlikely I would think.

Not sure how true this is, but I've also read that a bad 3rd brake light will cause this. Again, only read about this before and am not sure to its truth.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

If you have wheel speed sensors mounted to the backing plates at each rear wheel, you have a 4 channel. If not, it's a 3 channel.

Also, since you bought the car used from someone, it might not necessarily have that gear in it, unless the previous owner told you that and he was sure.

An easy way to check is:

Jack the car up from the rear. Mark the drive shaft with a paint stick or other visible means. Rotate the wheel 1 full revolution and count the number of times the drive shaft turns. If the drive shaft turns 3-1/4 times, you have a 3.23 gear...if it turns 3-1/2 times you have a 3.42 gear, if it turns 4 times you have a 4.10 gear.

You get the idea

always dirty
    2013 Ram 2014 Caddy ATS

If you have traction control you have a 4 channel unless the previous owner changed it out. Sometimes cleaning the speed sensors fixes it.

blue
    99z28 a4

Quote Originally Posted by 35th-ANV-SS View Post
    If you have wheel speed sensors mounted to the backing plates at each rear wheel, you have a 4 channel. If not, it's a 3 channel.

Also, since you bought the car used from someone, it might not necessarily have that gear in it, unless the previous owner told you that and he was sure.

An easy way to check is:

Jack the car up from the rear. Mark the drive shaft with a paint stick or other visible means. Rotate the wheel 1 full revolution and count the number of times the drive shaft turns. If the drive shaft turns 3-1/4 times, you have a 3.23 gear...if it turns 3-1/2 times you have a 3.42 gear, if it turns 4 times you have a 4.10 gear.

You get the idea
    the weather finally cleared up im goin to go look at it now

Thread Information