black
    1999 Z28

abs asr and brake light

Was wondering if any body can tell me if this has happened to them and what they did about it. Yesterday i was driving and my ASR OFF light came on along with the Brake Light and the ABS Inop light came on at same time. It did not send a check engine light or store any codes. Has anybody had this happen before.Thanks for the help. Forgot to add that when i got home went inside for about 15 minutes came back out restarted the car and the lights where off.
    Last edited by ragtop Z28; 05-11-2010 at 08:02 AM.

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

check your fuses to start... could be some dirt in the plugs for your ABS...

black
    1999 Z28

Hey man thanks for the info first thing i checked was the fuses and they all tested good felt the wires all seem to be tight

2002 Z28 A4 NBM
    Sadly now demodded :(

Quote Originally Posted by ragtop Z28 View Post
    Was wondering if any body can tell me if this has happened to them and what they did about it. Yesterday i was driving and my ASR OFF light came on along with the Brake Light and the ABS Inop light came on at same time. It did not send a check engine light or store any codes. Has anybody had this happen before.Thanks for the help. Forgot to add that when i got home went inside for about 15 minutes came back out restarted the car and the lights where off.
    If your car is an A4 and you downshifted at a higher speed than the PCM liked then it had to reset a few things. Or did you brake really quick? This will cause the ABS to reset. That will do it too.

FWIW: You should never use the tranny to brake with. If you had to brake hard enough for the ABS to pulse it will set off the light while it resets. These will also cause the LO TRAC light to come on and then go out.

NBM
    1998Z28

Hell mine stay on all the time. I figured it was the cam not pulling enough vacume. I know if your running a taller tire in the back than the front it can cause it.
    TSP 347 SB, TSP Stage 2.5 PRC LS6, TSP MS4, Performabuilt Stage 2 4L60E, Yank PT4000, 4.11s, Fast 90/90, FTRA Cold air intake+all the free mods, Dynatech Supermaxx Exaust System, DMH Cutouts, Hooker Catback/FTRA Tips. Tuned by RPM/Garner NC. 11.28@119

always dirty
    2013 Ram 2014 Caddy ATS

When my car sits for a while the light come on occasionally. I did clean all the wheels sensors and it happens less often.

artic white
    1998 z28

abs light

that happend to me a while back and didnt do nothing about it for a week. then it suddenly came off, but when it does come on be aware because your car no longer has abs and the wheels will lock on you. i never found a solution. very common amongst gm vehicles my h2 has the same problem.

11 years of bangin gears cammed goat's Avatar

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

I know when I bought my car, it had an "ABS FAULT" sign on the DIC and an ABS light on the dash. Threw a solus on the car and came back with "right rear speed sensor signal out of range" code. Previous owner shimmed the right rear speed sensor too far away from the axle reluctor ring. I took the shim out and used a washer to bring the sensor closer to the ring. Problem solved.

Check to see if any of your sensors are too far away from the reluctor rings on your axles. They should be no more than a credit card thickness away from the rings.

1999 Formula WS6 M6-sold
    2001 Silverado Z71

Have the ABS codes checked. 99% of the time its a bad wheel speed sensor and the codes will point you in the right direction as to which one to replace.

black
    1999 Z28

Thanks everybody for your advice having the ABS codes checked today then will go from there Thanks again

Hugger Orange
    '99 Hugger SS

I'd say a bad wheel sensor or like in my case, taller rear tires.

Thread Information