Thread: 98

black
    98 ws6

98 ws6 70000 miles great compresion need a direction on bolt on performance parts for now big block later after i blow this one up ha ha ok i need to pass immisions and im at high alt and no i dont want nitrous could use a littel help deciding

Navy Blue Metallic
    2002 Z28

start off with subframe connectors so you dont bend your rear body panels. then get a lid, port and polish the throttle body. i like most on here have gone with long tube headers and a full exhaust to help it breathe better. also the free ram air mod helps a lil i guess. is it a manual or auto? if m6 get a shifter with adjustable stops, if a4 get a stall converter. then you can get plugs/wires. also if you please you can get some gears for the rear end and definately get a tune

black
    98 ws6

thank you i went down and instaled a dmi electric exhasts dump. i like it also instaled new flow master series 40 street strip muffler also installed voltair air cleaner.im not sure on the polished intake? is that the throtel map sensor? or the whole intake?i do have the a4 auto .when i got it in the air i noticed stress cracks .shit sub frame connectors are next. i will be getting the headders but i need the whole system with high flow cats.but im having truble on what size? from the ws6 store.as far as gears?i need to find out what i havei do like the top end speed wont that slow top end down?what do you think for gears.? stall converter?well i would like to drive it around town without breaking loose. im spending a ton of money but its worth it.thanks for your infro great help.anything else would be great.one more thing what about that programer is it really worth haveing?

Navy Blue Metallic
    2002 Z28

As far as gears you prolly have 3.23s right now. Going to a 3.73 would help in acceleration and that is what a lot of the a4 guys go with. And yeah it will cut down on top speed but how often do you go 150+. As far as a stall ask in the transmission section, prolly around 3000rpm mark. On the header size unless you plan on doing a heads and cam swap just go with 1 3/4 headers and 3" ory pipe and you should be good. Dont waste money on a programmer. Get a frost mail order tune or a dyno tune

black
    98 ws6

nice that header size its what i needed to no. im still learning things with this beast im not going to put a cam in not now .when its finished off.when its time to rebuild just having fun for now.ya your right on the gears when do i go that fast maybe to vegas but not that often ha ha. thanks again.frost tune? is that like the dyno tune? u have been a great help yhanks again.ps thiers a 2000 ss camaro thats bad ass in my part of town.hes running nitrous.do i dare really hate loosing.ha ha

Navy Blue Metallic
    2002 Z28

yeah and a also a 3.73 gear will not crazy reduce your top speed either. you should still be able to net over 140 would just be really high rpm. i have 4.10s in mine but i am also an m6 tranny.

haha no problem man we all here to help. and a dyno tune is what it is, its when you go to a shop, strap your car on the dyno and run it while they monitor your afr and get the best numbers out of it. expect a minimum of $400 for that.

on the other hand a Frost tune- Frost is a site sponser who is known to work magic for our pcm's. you fill out a form of all your mods and mail it with your pcm to him. he tunes it to your mods then mails it back. i think around $150. alot of members have had him bring out better results than a normal dyno tune. link to him:

http://www.tunedbyfrost.com/services2.htm

black
    98 ws6

well have a littel money now if it would stop raining!cant decide 3 link or 2 on sub frame cheez really whats the dif if i run 3000 stall its going to put the same amount of stress. christ what a decion? have another problem.when i give it throttel it feels like in the gas peddal is accelarating for me .hard to explaine. wonder if i have broken moter mount? have you had this problem? what do i do if it is moter mounts should i get autozone made in mexaco shit or poly or solid. i hope its not a broken mount .need some advice on the subfram connectors remeber im auto will be having 3000 stall. and ya i raced that ss really depressing god should of had 15 car lenths.nitro makes big diff. anyway still having a blast thanks.

11 years of bangin gears cammed goat's Avatar

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

I don't really know much about subframe connectors, however, you say the accelerator is funky? As in, when you hit the gas, the car takes its time coming back down to idle?

black
    98 ws6

gas peddle

no when i give it like half throttle it feels like the peddle is acelerating for me kinda hard to explain.its wierd .do you think its a moter mount ? letting the block move sos it pulls on the cable. or is it somthing else? only had the car for 2 months. still figuring it all out. its an auto trans. if that helps any. one more thing the rear end whines when im slowing down is that normal?

black
    98 ws6

o ya it does take its time comming back to idle.

11 years of bangin gears cammed goat's Avatar

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

Quote Originally Posted by timmit View Post
    no when i give it like half throttle it feels like the peddle is acelerating for me kinda hard to explain.its wierd .do you think its a moter mount ? letting the block move sos it pulls on the cable. or is it somthing else? only had the car for 2 months. still figuring it all out. its an auto trans. if that helps any. one more thing the rear end whines when im slowing down is that normal?
    If you have a Torsen rear, it will whine. There are members who have posted of the same issue.

Quote Originally Posted by timmit View Post
    o ya it does take its time comming back to idle.
    You might have to clean out your idle air control(IAC) solenoid. Cabon builds up in the slot for the IAC and gums it up. It is on the *I think* driver side of the throttlebody and is held in with 2 torx head screws. Keep us updated and we'll help ya out some more.

Thread Information