Iroc89

90 mm Throttle Body??

Hi all,
    I am building my very own LS1 at home as a project and I was debating on what size throttle body I was going to put on. I was also thinking about buying one of those comp cams/fast LSX intake manifolds. I was just wondering if anyone had any opinions on what size throttle body I should use. I'm only asking this question because in the past I've heard some negative things about 90mm so??

MOLESTER
    it depends on the power you plan on running. if your not shooting for more than 600 i wouldnt bother. an engine needs to be somewhat matched with how much air is coming in and how much out. So if your running a large cam, heads, and headers id'e go with the lsx and a larger throttle body. hope that helps.

red
    00 camaro ss

like molestor said, it pretty much depends on your application. cubic inch , cam size, head flow.

Black
    2000 WS6 Trans Am

If you go with a set of AFR 205's milled .030, with Comp XER cam, either 36# or 42# injectors, aftermarket fuel rails, Walbro pump, larger MAF, appropriate 'fine tuning', LT's, no cats, good catback, and the Fast 90/NW90 combo; the gains will be impressive - in the upper 400 range for both RWHP/RWTQ.

On a basically otherwise stock car the LS6 intake is fine and the gains you see from a 90/90 combo is not worth the cost.

If you're willing to ante up all the $$ for a setup similar to what I mentioned above, then get in touch with Tony @ AFR and he can help you with the setup/parts selection. Every car that has followed his recipe to the last detail has dynoed in the upper 400 RWHP/RWTQ range.

-Jay-

Thread Information