Thread: 806 to 241

blue
    98 firebird formula

806 to 241

806 to 241 is it worth the change going to swap out intake to LS6 and maybe LS6 cam Thanks BRIAN

98 Formula
    06 duramax

I personally wouldn't do it unless the 241's have been worked. The 98 heads aren't supposed to flow as well as the later years but that's a ton of work for just a small difference. I would go with some P&P heads and make all the work worth it.

Life in the Fast lane sunsetorangess's Avatar

Met. Sunset Orange
    01 SS

Yepp, I agree with Orion..
    Not worth the work for the small gains you will see if any.
    J
    2001 SS, Its not the car its the Driver that matters....

red
    2000 camaro ss

if yer lookin for the best bang for yer buck keep the heads ya got, get a good shop to mill decks .030 (10.9:1 comp). bust out your dremel and clean up ports without takin a whole lot of material off, then drop some 2.02/ 1.6 valves in 'em. you wont have to mod valve bowls with that mild upgrade. 400 wheel is made all day with this setup. ported ls1's actually outflow ported ls6 heads until midrange just to give ya an idea of how good theyll be. oh and dont get the ls6 cam if you can get around it, it's pretty mild..
    Last edited by side2000; 11-02-2008 at 06:41 AM.

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

Quote Originally Posted by side2000 View Post
    if yer lookin for the best bang for yer buck keep the heads ya got, get a good shop to mill decks .030 (10.9:1 comp). bust out your dremel and clean up ports without takin a whole lot of material off, then drop some 2.02/ 1.6 valves in 'em. you wont have to mod valve bowls with that mild upgrade. 400 wheel is made all day with this setup. ported ls1's actually outflow ported ls6 heads until midrange just to give ya an idea of how good theyll be. oh and dont get the ls6 cam if you can get around it, it's pretty mild..
    Real easy to take the material out where you want it and leave material where you were supposed to take it away.

blue
    98 firebird formula

Quote Originally Posted by side2000 View Post
    I need mid to high end getting 1.79 60 ft so some heads or work I need not a lot of money
    So with that what cam would go good with that I have stall,410,bbk80tb,and headers and LS6 intake on the way
    Last edited by 98 formula ws6; 11-03-2008 at 05:02 PM. Reason: add

Green

Keep in mind if you go to 241's you also have to get the centerbolt valve covers, new head gaskets, new head bolts if you don't already have arp, coolant. Nickel and dime shit add up

blue
    98 firebird formula

So I guess I'll just do some work to mine Thanks

Green

I changed over to the 241's though, I bought some used ones with some dual springs on them for my cam. I found on ebay valve covers with the bracket and coils for cheap. So I bought those and sold the coils wound up breaking even on that part. Just paid 250 for the heads and springs. Still had to buy head gaskets, coolant, and head bolts. Depends on how much you can spend.

red
    2000 camaro ss

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Po View Post
    Real easy to take the material out where you want it and leave material where you were supposed to take it away.
    actually with fact cubes all ya do is clean up. pretty hard to mess em up really when that's all yer doin. clean up casting material, smooth rough spots, and polish.

Thread Information