FlewbyurGT

8.8 hybrid rearend????

thid gut i know is parting out his trans am. he says he has a "hybrid 8.8 rearend for F-body" with Cobra Trak Lok,4:10 gears,31 spline moser axles. i have no idea what this means. i kno what a ford 8.8 is and 4.10s and the 31 spline axle. i have never heard of the way he put it tho...i was wondering if anyone had any information on this. he is askin 2100 for it and has about 3k miles on it. thanks need anymore info ask and ill try and get with you.

DougLs1
    Trac Lok is ford's term for posi. If its the rear out of the 03-04 cobra don't bother, the IRS in those cars isn't much better then the junk stock f-body rear. You're better off taking that 2100 and putting it towards a built 12 bolt.

Any ford 8.8 is really not that great, usually they will weld the tubes and put a t/a diff cover on it to strengthen it, replace axles with moser and a center section of their choice and it will stand up to some abuse.

FlewbyurGT
    ok...thanks for the info...im not sure what vehicle it is out of...he said he had it built...but savin for 12 bolt is a damn good idea lol

Thread Information