pyro71985

500rwhp - what to buy?

Ok im looking for a build up that will put me at 500rwhp and still maintain daily driveablility.

I was thinking about going with a procharger or turbo set up but dont have the money to set one up right now.

Right now i have around $1500 to spend, and I really would like to do FI in the next year or so.

So what are some good mods that could get as high NA as possible? While still being able to add a poweradder in the near future.

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

You need to decide if you are going to go turbo first. If you plan on a front mount turbo, you won't want to get headers yet.

For $1500 you will only be looking at around 340 RWHP with an LS1 F-Body.
    LS6 intake if your car is a 98-00.
    Longtubes if you aren't going to go front mount turbo.
    Lid.
    Subframe connectors.
    2008 Trailblazer SS
    Yank PTB3600, Kooks 1 7/8" LT's, 4" intake, E-fans, Magnaflow, Sonnax kit, tranny cooler, tune.
    Lowered, HID's, tinted.

1999 Pontiac Trans Am WS.6 #1747 SOLD
    531.1 RWHP 481.3 FT/Pounds all motor.

Red
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

500rwhp and future plans for a poweradder as well as only $1500 to throw in? That's the dream that all of us had at one point and time and to be honest, the closest thing you can do is N02 but you have to fill it every time. A cam setup will get you about 400rwhp if you get the right specs but over time, you will have to do other mods. For example in my situation, I went 500rwhp N/A but that required the full compliment of bolt ons, a good cam and heads as well as the right fuel system. The motor topped off with an 11:5.1 CR, which left me no room for a turbo or supercharger which my car wanted cause she threw up a piston and blew my bottom end to bits because of a stupid rocker. Yes, a rocker. I have pics of a mangled piston and rings to match and it wasn't pretty. So wanting the turbo, I kept the current valvetrain setup and went with a new forged bottom end using -12cc dished pistons and forged carillo rods. Final compression ratio 8:8.1. Good news, I can boost well over 16lbs on a turbo setup which I am getting within the next month. Bad news, for now, I have to deal with 320rwhp because of the big drop in compression. Because of the change in direction, I have to invest in a new cam and fuel system to accomodate the turbo system I'm dropping in. N/A and 500rwhp is a lot to be proud about. But if you want more power, start saving and building up for a turbo or supercharger build.

Pewter
    2000 Ws6 pewter

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Luos View Post
    You need to decide if you are going to go turbo first. If you plan on a front mount turbo, you won't want to get headers yet.

For $1500 you will only be looking at around 340 RWHP with an LS1 F-Body.
    LS6 intake if your car is a 98-00.
    Longtubes if you aren't going to go front mount turbo.
    Lid.
    Subframe connectors.
    Hey btw..... what kinda gas are you getting on that 99 with 538 wrhp?

Thread Information