Thread: 5" tach

5" tach

Anyone mount a tach on the steering colume? A clamp wont work I was thinking of sending a self taping screw in to the colume for the tach mount any do this???

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/ mods, 00 FBVert

Nooooo!!! Do not screw into the column there are a lot of wires that go down the top and bottom of it. Not to mention you won't see it for crap.

Most ppl mount it near the drivers side pillar or right of the steering wheel on dash.

I know there's a bunch of wire in the colume. Just don't know how much room I got in there

Silver
    '02 Trans Am WS-6, 6M

I ended up pulling my center vent stack out on my G body Cutlass and cut out a hole in the middle for my Sun Pro tach'. Not sure if you would have enough space in a similar area to do that for a 5 incher though.

Ya i dont have the room.I want to stay away from having it on top of the dash. I was planing on using a hose clamp..but on the 4th gen camaros there's a block on the left side for tilt and directional.

BLACK
    1998 PONTIAC TA

Quote Originally Posted by nriquecip View Post
    available below we will to be extremely good, the big ten started information and facts is not ever instead unique. I will be a person's extended subscribers at this point!you desired your approximation as part of your web pages? I believe that ensure that it stays! It is most installing to suit your needs. However quite possibly a little bit more hue. Hey there! Affection the web site. My friends as if it toooo. You best profit this sammy's. Fantastic succeed as well as many thanks for products i'm mika, innovative in the following! By way of seriously. Wow, mum, you are the most beneficial! We appreciate you having to take all of us to help you new york city. Great employment with all the enhancing. That i branded the product reviews.you would be the best possible explanation move to assist you to los angeles.
    ^^^wtf???? ^^^
    1998 Pontiac TA, stock heads, FAST 90, FAST 90 TB, FLP LT, off road y-pipe with cat delete, flow master muffler, comp cams 54-457-11 223/231-610/617-112 LSA, Pro charger D1SC with FMIC @ 8psi, FROST tune, VIG 3200 stall, built 4l60e, snow meth kit, MOSER 12 bolt 373 gears, Derale 13900 trans cooler.

11 years of bangin gears cammed goat's Avatar

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

I'm thinking A-pillar as previously mentioned, or a large hose clamp, or two, around the column. Can it be held in place with some good two-sided tape?

extreme dimensions, driveshaft shop, harrop, hid(35watt/6k) lows, hurst, k&n, led fogs, maverick man, mishimoto, nitto, revshift, slp, stern st-1, smoked sidemarkers, whiteline poly radius rod bushings

Silver
    1999 Trans-Am, 2012 Sonic

Just a question what is wrong with the factory tach?
    99 Trans Am, SLP Lid, Blackwing filter, smooth bellow, Ported TB, LS6 intake, Ws6 lower ram air box, OBX LT's, Magna Flow cat back, LS7 clutch, Tick MC, Hurst Shifter, Frost Tune, UMI SFC,LAC, STB, PB, Torq Arm, Super Hawk hood, Torq Thrust II, Kee Audio.
    Strange S60 4:10's, D&S Rotors, S/S Brake Lines.
    Nitto NT05R Track Tire's, 12.7 @ 108 / 1.82 60'
    Wish list.
    Coil overs, Heads & Cam

BLACK
    1998 PONTIAC TA

I would put some velcro on the top of the steering column and bottom of the tach. Then use the big oversized zip ties used for strapping down HVAC duct work to hold the tach onto the top of the column. The zip ties should be flexible enough to go around the turn signals if you use a criss cross pattern, instead of just going straight around the column. The other safe alternative is to pull the steering wheel off, then remove the column to see what your working with so you don't just throw in some screws into the column blind.

Thread Information