Black
    2002 Trans am WS6 pkg

2006 gto stroker/turbo

So my freinds got an 06 GTO. He threw a 418 c.i. Stroker with a turbo, so now he's throwin in the supporting suspension, etc. before he runs it. He knows he's gonna have to throw in a roll cage to run but I mentioned to him the glorious things SFC's do to our cars, my question is since he's gonna get a roll cage anyways, are the SFC's worth the $4xx price tag?

If so, is BMR the only brand that sells em?

Black
    99 WS.6 - Modified

What point cage is he getting? If he is going with a 4 or 6 point, I would do the SFCs as well. If an 8 or higher, it won't hurt to have them, but flex won't be as much of an issue at that point.

Black
    2002 Trans am WS6 pkg

He's gonna wanna keep it as "streetable" as possible. It's meant for a weekend cruiser not a DD just an occasional pass so I'd say probably a 4 or 6 point....

Bottom line to you is that it wouldn't hurt right?

Black
    99 WS.6 - Modified

Quote Originally Posted by blackbird0230 View Post
    He's gonna wanna keep it as "streetable" as possible. It's meant for a weekend cruiser not a DD just an occasional pass so I'd say probably a 4 or 6 point....

Bottom line to you is that it wouldn't hurt right?
    Right. Anytime you can stiffen the chassis in multiple areas, it's a good thing.

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

So my freinds got an 06 GTO. He threw a 418 c.i. Stroker with a turbo, so now he's throwin in the supporting suspension, etc. before he runs it. He knows he's gonna have to throw in a roll cage to run but I mentioned to him the glorious things SFC's do to our cars, my question is since he's gonna get a roll cage anyways, are the SFC's worth the $4xx price tag?

If so, is BMR the only brand that sells em?
    I have the 2004 GTO 408 Stroker. Runs high 10's. All Pedders suspension w/koni's and springs......and roll cage. I did not go the SFC route. The roll cage and the Pedders stiffened the hell out of the car.

Black
    2002 Trans am WS6 pkg

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge View Post
    I have the 2004 GTO 408 Stroker. Runs high 10's. All Pedders suspension w/koni's and springs......and roll cage. I did not go the SFC route. The roll cage and the Pedders stiffened the hell out of the car.
    aw man, thanks for throwin off our decision lol. Hes gonna hit the 1000 hp mark, whatever it takes that's his goal but he knows he needs to beef up the rest of the car. What kind of numbers you throw Down on your 60'? He can't get past the wheel hop. Even with drag bags and that was when he was in the ls2 500whp.

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

aw man, thanks for throwin off our decision lol. Hes gonna hit the 1000 hp mark, whatever it takes that's his goal but he knows he needs to beef up the rest of the car. What kind of numbers you throw Down on your 60'? He can't get past the wheel hop. Even with drag bags and that was when he was in the ls2 500whp.
    Pedders bushings/bars...Koni's and Springs....Harrop cover eliminated all wheel hop for me. We have a 3" driveshaft etc.....but the best mod for getting it to the rear was the stiffy.

http://www.ls1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=106536

11 years of bangin gears cammed goat's Avatar

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

See...the GTO is already a rigid car from the factory. But I agree with using the SFCs to reinforce the body. Has he done anything to the rear diff/suspension? I have a feeling a stock rear with 1000 horsepower will not end well. And once the body is reinforced, and the rear is upgraded, your friend may see some sky upon launch.

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

I have DiffTechs and upgraded axles etc.

Black
    2002 Trans am WS6 pkg

Quote Originally Posted by cammed goat View Post
    See...the GTO is already a rigid car from the factory. But I agree with using the SFCs to reinforce the body. Has he done anything to the rear diff/suspension? I have a feeling a stock rear with 1000 horsepower will not end well. And once the body is reinforced, and the rear is upgraded, your friend may see some sky upon launch.
    Ya we know it won't hold, he'll be Pickin up a 9" from Gforce, axles, stubs and a new driveshaft, I don't think hes too set on brands and what not but he don't wanna dick around with that much power.

Thread Information