Pewter

2000 trans am squeaking

Hi i have a 2000 trans am and when the car is on it squeaks at idle and at accelaration it sounds like on of the bearings in the pulleys replaced all pullerys this friday and it stopped and then came back a day later when i was getting on it alil bit step dad has his own auto shop where it was where we replaced the pulleys on friday and i dont know what else it could be one of the mechanics said it could be from the ac compressor because i guess he said somthin about the air pockets being spread out alil bit so it remains a mystery thought maybe one of you guys might know what else it could be any help would be greatly appraciated.

Pewter

Hello N E ONE?

I have a mysterious sqeak up frnt sometimes --sounds like a brng or idler pulley or serpentine belt--replaced all and still happens-- I hve noticed that it only happens after i have re-tuned the computer or cleared codes or interupted the computer signal like to do some data logging--It is coming from the thottle body and seems to be the idle steps readjusting themselves--only happens at idle or part throttle---After i drive for about 50 miles it goes away completly---as the idle has learned out---

98 Formula
    06 duramax

use a poor mans stethoscope to narrow it down. Take a long handled screw driver and put your ear on the handle and touch the other end to the a/c compressor and things like that and see which one is loud. Don't get your hair, face, hands, or ear caught in the drive belt. That would probably hurt. I've used this method to narrow down several bad pulleys. You could also just take the a/c belt off and see if it goes away to rule out the a/c.

Yo Da Lin The Valley..... astyles's Avatar

this helps me too....i'm in the same boat

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Quote Originally Posted by tblu92 View Post
    I have a mysterious sqeak up frnt sometimes --sounds like a brng or idler pulley or serpentine belt--replaced all and still happens-- I hve noticed that it only happens after i have re-tuned the computer or cleared codes or interupted the computer signal like to do some data logging--It is coming from the thottle body and seems to be the idle steps readjusting themselves--only happens at idle or part throttle---After i drive for about 50 miles it goes away completly---as the idle has learned out---
    wonder if it's your actual iac motor making the sound but I would think it would do it all the time because the iac motor moves pretty constant.

Black
    2000 WS6

I too have the same noise on my car (2000 MY, 49k MI). I replaced the belts and it is still there.

maroon
    00 trans am

Check the alt, thats were my squeak was coming from.

Thread Information