1998 trans am worth the price?

Alright guys, I have came here for advice many times but just now registered so sorry if I'm posting in the wrong place or something.....my question is whether or not the car I have been looking at is worth the asking price... it's a 1998 trans am non ws6 but it does have a ram air, though I don't think it's functional? The outside of the car looks really clean from what I can see and has no clear coat peeling and such. The interior is also clean with the exception of the familiar crack in the dash (but It's not bad at all). He even sent pictures of the underneath and there is no rust to be seen. The guy tells me it has a strong running engine with no issues. The dash shows 130k miles but here is where it gets tricky, it has 3.73s but the odometer was never changed so it actually has less but idk how much less. The previous owner put the gears in so it could have quite a bit lower.... The catch is that the tranny is shot (a4) and will need replaced. Me and my dad would do it ourselves and have no labor cost. He wants $3,500, is it worth it? Also it seems like the owner doesn't know what he's talking about half the time and could be full of crap...anyways it's a clean title. but the exhaust is is missing the back tail pipes... The car is all stock that I know of......any advice would be appreciated! (Sorry about the long post! I hope it's okay to do this)

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/ mods, 00 FBVert

Op closing this thread because you have another thread that is getting you answers.

Thread Information