Thread: 1970 a body

1970 Monte Carlo

1970 a body

I am going to swap an LS1 and T56 into a 1970 A-Body. Any information that could help is greatly appreciated. I found a 2002 wrecked camaro donor car, but was thinking about just buying the motor and transmission separately. It appears the things I was going to try and save money on, I/e wiring harness, pulleys, gas tank etc will not swap over to my project, and I may end up buying that stuff anyway. Any help, suggestions, hard luck story's, where to get more info, or what a dumb A$$ comments are welcome..

ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by KWick View Post
    I am going to swap an LS1 and T56 into a 1970 A-Body. Any information that could help is greatly appreciated. I found a 2002 wrecked camaro donor car, but was thinking about just buying the motor and transmission separately. It appears the things I was going to try and save money on, I/e wiring harness, pulleys, gas tank etc will not swap over to my project, and I may end up buying that stuff anyway. Any help, suggestions, hard luck story's, where to get more info, or what a dumb A$$ comments are welcome..
    Welcome to LS1.com.. I used to live out your way.. Worked for Robinson plumbing back then Evrette.. Lived in Granite Falls for a while too.. Miss it sometimes. Lots of folks to help here. Unfortunately I'm not one of them I'm a v6 guy..lol Just wanted to welcome a new member.. Biuld sounds cool we likes pics..lol
    :\Users\Steven\Pictures\d6ftg5nh.gif

Suggestion: If you are particularly irritated by another member's posting habits and are constantly fighting the urge to flame them, you can click on that person's profile, and select "Add to ignore list." This will make that person's posts invisible to you.

11 years of bangin gears cammed goat's Avatar

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

Can't you install the pump from the donor car into your car's fuel tank? If the motor, trans, computer and harnesses are a package deal, I'd say go for it.

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Welcome!

There are a couple of LS swap books in print. Check Amazon.com and you should easily find them. Might not be a bad idea to start there as it should answer just about all your questions.

1970 Monte Carlo

@ Smittro, man it has been cold here.. down to 12 last night, and suppose to be colder tonight.. I wanna move back to the midwest.. ok, not really..

@cammed goat, I am not sure if I can or not. It does look that simple, but until I can get more info. I just hate starting the p[roject thinking I am going one way, and then finding out nothing will work except the motor and trans

@ xmas is close, so gonna put that on my list for santa.. lol

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by KWick View Post
    @ Smittro, man it has been cold here.. down to 12 last night, and suppose to be colder tonight.. I wanna move back to the midwest.. ok, not really..

@cammed goat, I am not sure if I can or not. It does look that simple, but until I can get more info. I just hate starting the p[roject thinking I am going one way, and then finding out nothing will work except the motor and trans

@ xmas is close, so gonna put that on my list for santa.. lol
    Wow we hit the low 30's here in Pittsbugh last night.. I'm not looking forward to the teens..

On your end I remember how bad Stevens pass used to get, folks getting stuck up there.. Still miss the snow caps though..
    Last edited by Smittro; 11-24-2010 at 07:27 PM.

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Oh yeah, and summers were awesome there too. Did lots of boating on lake Shealan(sp), and Blue lake.. Can ya tell I miss it?

Thread Information