black
    1988 RS

1 bank runs rich

i have stock pcm and stock 02s on crate 2004 LS1..before yesterday i had codes for heaters and both LTFT -18...after i switched 02s around, bank 2 looks fine from the scanner, heater codes gone, but now i have a code for bank 1 running rich and LTFT -18 on it. a/f ration is 14.6, MAF 9mg/s
    car smells rich and gets random slight misfire (no reaction from knock sensors whatsoever)..
    im clueless why...i guess i should try balance the injectors and see if any of them are bad, dont know hat else to do
    does anyone has any idea where else to look?im trying to make car pass smog and that thing is the only one standing between me and cert, so please, i really need some help....

98 Formula
    06 duramax

how did you swap the sensors? Side to side or front to back? What mods do you have? Headers can cause the heater codes. Any exhaust leaks? Try swaping those front O2's side to side and see if that rich code moves to bank 1. Could just be a bad O2.

black
    1988 RS

side to side, code did not move to another bank(((and its second set of O2s im trying(
    ..I have edelbrock headers, but i think the problem with heaters were the grounds on wiring, i chahged the place of them i got rid of the code...
    i'll check for leaks, thanks..i'll try to check fuel pressure and balance the injectors...probably put some 100 octane and see if its gonna do anything, probably not.
    dont know what else to do, just dont have money for comp tuning at all(((

98 Formula
    06 duramax

what does your other bank look like trim wise? The heater codes will probably come back. When those sensors get moved down the exhaust stream with longtubes they are known to throw those intermittent heater codes. Mine did for a couple years.....I'd just clear it and keep on going. I swapped to bosch 13111's last year and haven't had the code since but I'm very skeptical on those completely fixing the problem. Probably will come back when they get some miles on them....only put 2k on them last year. If you have shorties then perhaps you're on the right track with the grounds. My experience has been with longtubes.
    What kind of puzzles me is you had both banks at -18 and you swapped side to side and that fixed bank 2 but not bank 1? You say this is your second set of O2's, were they new or used? I know on the LS2's the rear connectors are the 4 pin flat instead of square but I've never looked at the connectors on my 04 goat. Are all 4 of yours square? If so maybe try swapping just that drivers side front to back.

black
    1988 RS

they might not be heated up fast enough, on long headers.im running shorties)
    well, in the beginning, before i put corvette filter and with original O2s I had both banks at -18, now its just bank 1...they are slightly used from a racked GTO, rears are flat, fronts are square. Ill look up today the fuel pressure - my boss gave me an idea how to connect the gauge without the connector, see if it works...and play with O2s again, becauswe when i switched both banks from side to side, i did not get a code fro bank 1 rich, but when i swapped rear O2s back to their places, i got it...
    do you know by any chance injector pulse on your GTO?

06 Jeep Grand Cherokee.
    02 superchipsZ28 M6(sold)

Maybe bad coil pack

black
    1988 RS

so far my fuel pressure 75 psi, return line is blocked somewhere, cause once i disconnected it, pressure was 57 as ishould be. im not gonna drop the fuel tank -car is lifted by the axle, have to cut a hole in the trunk to get to the top of the tank(

Thread Information