Red
    02 35th & 70 Chevelle SS

02 Anniv. Ed w/blk mirrors?

I'm looking at a 02 Anniversary Ed. Camaro SS convertible. Its Bright rally red, but the mirrors are black. It only has 27,000 miles on it. Did some of these cars come with the black mirrors? I know that the mirrors were blk on 98"s. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Brian

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

All 02's were 35th anv editions. Now, if you are talking about a 35th Limited Edition, that is different.

The 35th LE's were all red, with the checkered flag strips going up the hood and on the hatch. They also have the two-tone interior with the headrests embroidered.

Red
    02 35th & 70 Chevelle SS

This particular car has has all the components a LE would have to be an LE. All the badges, silver flag stripes, bright rally red paint, tutone ebony and gray leather seats with the embroidery in the head rest, ect. The only deviation is that the mirrors are black instead of the rally red. This has me puzzled. The car looks legit with the exception of the mirrors. I'm interested in this car, but I thought it was weird that the mirrors were black instead of red. Heres a link to the car in question:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/RARE-...#ht_499wt_1183

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

The grille on it is not the LE grille either The lid/filter has been changed as well and they've added a strut tower brace.

I would say either it was modified, or it is NOT a true LE, but a conversion.

I would run the VIN or give SLP a call with the VIN and have them check for you.

Bright Rally Red
    2002 Camaro 35thLE

Also you can ask seller for a pic of the drivers side door stickers and look for the Z4C RPO code on it.

If no Z4C then it is not an LE.

Also can call SLP with VIN like 35th said and get them to verify it.

If it is a true LE I would make them replace mirrors with red ones like are suppossed to be on it if I bought it.
    Last edited by Dabom75; 06-03-2011 at 06:42 AM.

Red
    02 35th & 70 Chevelle SS

Quote Originally Posted by 35th-ANV-SS View Post
    The grille on it is not the LE grille either The lid/filter has been changed as well and they've added a strut tower brace.

I would say either it was modified, or it is NOT a true LE, but a conversion.

I would run the VIN or give SLP a call with the VIN and have them check for you.
    Now I'm confused regarding the grille. I see that is has "SS" in the center and I've seen some that have 'Camaro" in the center of the grille. I also noticed on some cars I've seen the silver stripes go over the front grille and an others they don't. Heres a link to one I found that has the "SS" in the grille and the stripes going over the grille:
    http://www.autabuy.com/Gallery/?ID=5...%20Convertible
    Heres one with "Camaro" in the grille and the stripes are not on the grille.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2002-...#ht_670wt_1162

Can someone please explain this??? Did a customer have a choice of which grille and style of stripes they wanted on their Camaro?
    Any help would be extremely appreciated as I'm interested on buying an LE convert. but I want to make sure I'm getting what I'm paying for.
    Thanks,
    Brian

Sunset Orange Metallic
    2002 Z28 Hardtop

??? If they slipped up by putting black mirrors on it, you gotta wonder what else is wrong.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

OP - The original LE grille is the black grille that says "Camaro" in grey on it.

SLP made an aftermarket grille that only LE owners could purchase that had the stripes running through the grille.

Any other grille on the car is an aftermarket grille.

red
    2002 Camaro SS LE

it looks like the windows are tinted too. could be that the previous owner wanted an all black look when the top was up, so he painted the mirrors?

either way, try to verify.

11 years of bangin gears cammed goat's Avatar

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

I am thinking the previous owner painted the mirrors as well. I know I liked the black mirrors when the Camaro was redesigned in 93. The Z28s came with black mirrors until, I think, 1994.

Thread Information