Red
    2001 CHEVY CAMARO Z28

01 chevy Camaro running ver badly

My camaro was running fine But this monday started running very rough . So i parked the car and then that night i checked and the code i pulled was the map and baro pressure is low . And today me and my dad checked the data as the car ran and there was no reading for the maf meter while running i replaced it and still ran the same . I have a 220 220 cam magna flow exhaust , throttle body and zo6 heads iron block 5.7 liter a 348 cu.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

can you define "running very rough" a little better. Also, what was the actual code that you got from it? Were you still not getting a reading from the maf with the new one?

Silver & Black
    99 Camaro SS

ditto on Orion's post.

No MAF reading, new MAF and still no reading??? If so, time to start wire chasing.

Have you been under the hood working just prior to this?

Red
    2001 CHEVY CAMARO Z28

I had to replace the engine and the clutch just upgraded to a centerforce the code is 0107 low map and baro pressure low . The car is running on like 6 cylinder 67,000 miles on car 2000 miles on engine ls6 iron block z06 heads .

Red
    2001 CHEVY CAMARO Z28

The code is P0107 i have a slp maf meter and i went and got a reman maf and also i got my moms maf of her 03 zo6 corvette and tryed that still running terrible .

Impounded

79 T/A -91 Firebird
    1998 Trans Am -Oynx Black

Quote Originally Posted by 01 camming red View Post
    The code is P0107 i have a slp maf meter and i went and got a reman maf and also i got my moms maf of her 03 zo6 corvette and tryed that still running terrible .
    Id try the MAP next.. my money is on it, or a broken harness

Silver & Black
    99 Camaro SS

Agree. I think the MAP is suspect but I have never heard how the 2 integrate in the program (MAP and MAF). Check that the MAP is still seated, I'm not a big fan of how they connect. Access to another MAP to swap would be nice. Besides swapping that, you need a program to read or you are down to Multi-meter testing (supply V, ground, output V.)

I am so glad I got a pretty cheap program years ago like for $170. I can see all these sensor outputs.

Impounded

79 T/A -91 Firebird
    1998 Trans Am -Oynx Black

Quote Originally Posted by BowTied View Post
    Agree. I think the MAP is suspect but I have never heard how the 2 integrate in the program (MAP and MAF). Check that the MAP is still seated, I'm not a big fan of how they connect. Access to another MAP to swap would be nice. Besides swapping that, you need a program to read or you are down to Multi-meter testing (supply V, ground, output V.)

I am so glad I got a pretty cheap program years ago like for $170. I can see all these sensor outputs.
    Autotap would be lovely at doing this

Silver & Black
    99 Camaro SS

Actually I got mine on sale. I see it is still on sale for $130. You can do performance testing, emmissions testing, and a road dyno calc. I think you have to have some kind of program today. Heck a really good multi-meter costs as much (not that you need a high dollar one.)

Red
    2001 CHEVY CAMARO Z28

I FIXED my 01 Z28 the manifold air pressure sensor was unplugged some how the plug came lose and then a rocker arm broke and also the valve spring broke as a result . So now the car runs great .!!! I found i the tune my car has is speed density not a maf i have no maf reading because its been deleted.

Silver & Black
    99 Camaro SS

When are 2 problems not 2 problems? When there is only 1 problem!

Good to here you got it. Was your plug latch still intact on the MAP?

Red
    2001 CHEVY CAMARO Z28

The latch was still intach my valve spring broke the driver side closet to firewall. And then i lost the front number 1 cylinder broke a valve spring . What springs would you recommend for a 01 z28 ls6 engine its a IRON BLOCK with z06 heads cam is 220 -220 duration and 581 lift intake and exhaust and LSA 116 Block never decked was a 5.3 bored to a 5.8 a 348 cubic inch . I would appreicate any advice Thanks alot !!!!

Thread Information