Thread: What Dyno

Red
    2000 Camaro SS # 5,876

What Dyno

What dyno do you think reads the best..

Dyno Jet

Mustang

Dynomatic

I dynoed 317 hp with Lt's Ory, tune, ls6 mani, lid, bellow....

on the dynomatic...

everyone else is dynoing like 335 more or less...

i am going to find a dyno jet and see if it made a difference

silver
    98 ss camaro

Quote Originally Posted by 2000SuperSportMaro View Post
    What dyno do you think reads the best..

Dyno Jet

Mustang

Dynomatic

I dynoed 317 hp with Lt's Ory, tune, ls6 mani, lid, bellow....

on the dynomatic...

everyone else is dynoing like 335 more or less...

i am going to find a dyno jet and see if it made a difference
    whatever you do don't use a dynomite there numbers are all messed up i posted a similar thread and found 3 others that had the same problem my dyno sheet looked like a ekg chart up and down up and down and my car runs fine went back the the guy a week later (it pulled 298tq and 301hp on a 98 ss camaro ls1 5.7 m6) the guy said our chart was off we messed with the data and heres your sheet 276hp and 273 tq I looked at the guy he said call me in a week we're still working on it. When I walked out I noticed the dyno was in piece I know I shouldn't have let my friends vette go first it has a curse. Every car that has races him breaks down within a month or is crashed i'm talking 8 cars in the last yr i refuse to race him i was parked all winter he took it in the rebuild the tranny. On the way home some ricer decides to race him there going he gets beat( its a turbo'd gutted civic vs a stock 74 stingray) the civic wins then a bus merges into his lane and hits the civic little car didn't stand a chance.

Red
    2000 Camaro SS # 5,876

damn... that guy has some luck... so dynomite is not a good dyno... i know that my car only pushed 288 with a lid and bellow no tune... m6 2000... i think i need to go to a dynojet... there is one around here i think...

silver
    98 ss camaro

damn... that guy has some luck... so dynomite is not a good dyno... i know that my car only pushed 288 with a lid and bellow no tune... m6 2000... i think i need to go to a dynojet... there is one around here i think...
    Yeah I have the slp lid and coldair set up the bellows and slp maf with the slp catback exhaust no tune and I got that I'm going to find a dynojet

Black ASC#7564 May11,2001
    2001 Trans Am WS6

If you want to compare to most everyone elses dyno numbers, then choose a Dynojet.

I personally believe a Mustang Dyno or any other eddy current dyno is a better choice for tuning although you will see lower numbers.

Every dyno brand will show different numbers. Which one is most accurate? I have no idea. I do know that a Dynojet will show more power that the car really puts down to the wheels, but it is very repeatable, and that is really all that matters.
    When the Dynojet was desgined, they were not seeing the power numbers that they wanted to see so they added a correction factor to boost the numbers. They did not realize that they were probably not seeing the correct numbers because the Motorcycle they were using was over-rated from the factory.

Any Dyno should be good. Just stick with the same brand if you are going to mod your car or you may be shocked to see that you lost 50hp after a cam swap!

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

You want the highest numbers??? DynoJet.

You want the most accurate??? 1/4 mile strip.

LS1.com Sponsor
    GM Tuner

That's really not what they are for; they ar ejust a tool for tuning.

You made 288rwhp pre-mod, and went back and put down 317. That's a 10% increase. If you had dyno'd 300-305rwhp on a dynojet you'd be at 330-335rwhp going by the % increase. The numbers are meaningless except to show that you found a gain. Don't let them get you hung up.

Red
    2000 SS Camaro

Tunning tool

Frost is right it is just a tunning tool, If you had two mechanics lets say John Lingenfellter everyone knows that name, and say John Ogden (who) and you gave Lingenfellter craftmans tools and you gave Ogden Snap on tools.

Who would you want working on your car same thing with a Dyno its the guy running and tunning it, if you had 100hp then tunned and left with 30 more hp and ran great he did his job. Just my 2 cents on dyno discussions.

Thread Information