Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Black
    2000 T/A

Smile Nice surprise today

Silver
    2000 Z28

Great numbers for that investment. Are you planning to keep going?

00 TA PWTR, 98 VertTA NBM
    80 TA BLK, 80 Formula NBM

niiiice what cold air kit are you running?

Red
    2001 ws6

his avatar looks like volant, however i find those numbers hard to believe for those mods, and he never mentioned a tune, those mods are usually around 330 RWHP with a tune 340 RWHP

Quote Originally Posted by basballny2 View Post
    his avatar looks like volant
    didnt even notice that!

NBM
    99 TA

holy fuck you got a freak there.

Black
    2000 T/A

Hey I really was surprised also. I honestly expected around the 345 to 350 range. Getting rid of the battleship weight flywheel really does help alot.
    The dyno guy had to do a double take also. He even said that those are usually tune numbers. He pretty much guarantees the accuracy of his dyno though. So no reason for me to doubt him.

The car was stock everything, from airbox to tailpipe when i got it last fall.
    So i have no reason to believe anything had been done tuning wise. But the numbers are high to me also, for it not to be tuned

And to answer the question, do i plan to keep going. Well...... hell yea

There will be track time as soon as I get some tires on the rear. So then I can see if times match the numbers. Or as good as one can do on street tires.

Red
    2001 ws6

lighter flywheel has NOTHING to do with hp, that dyno is messed up or your car has work done to it you dont know about, 374 rwhp is not even dreamable with longtubes, exhaust, CAI

Black
    2000 T/A

lighter flywheel has NOTHING to do with hp, that dyno is messed up or your car has work done to it you dont know about, 374 rwhp is not even dreamable with longtubes, exhaust, CAI
    uhh, yes it does.....So don't be so sure of yourself there dude.
    While I do and did say previously I also think those numbers are high, we will wait and see.

NBM
    99 TA

Almost seems as if it is correcting it to flywheel HP or something...?

Black
    2000 T/A

Quote Originally Posted by fbodynut View Post
    uhh, yes it does.....So don't be so sure of yourself there dude.
    While I do and did say previously I also think those numbers are high, we will wait and see.
    Let me rephrase, before the shit storm hits. In reference to the flywheel... Technically, you allow more power to make it to the wheels/ pavement by reducing mass to be moved. Therefore more hp to the ground.
    How's that?

Red
    2001 ws6

are you saying weight has something to do with hp? yes, getting a stronger, lighter flywheel you can allow the RPM's to go up slightly higher but that doesnt mean more hp all the time, i dont see 35 RWHP from a flywheel, if so, im getting one tomarrow

Black
    2000 T/A

are you saying weight has something to do with hp? yes, getting a stronger, lighter flywheel you can allow the RPM's to go up slightly higher but that doesnt mean more hp all the time, i dont see 35 RWHP from a flywheel, if so, im getting one tomarrow
    35 hp, I don't know. Power all the time.......yes. I can't argue that there might have been something done to the motor before I got it. That would help explain the high numbers. But........ please read...

By reducing drag on an engine, reducing weight of rotating mass, reducing the amount of energy it takes for the engine to complete a revolution, all frees up energy the engine is capable of making from idle up to its max rpm.
    While it does allow it to rev up higher without comming apart, it mostly lets the engine rev faster with less resistance.

Example...rollertip rockers, lightweight pistons, balancing your rotating assy(this actually serves two purposes), alloy wheels, lightweight driveshaft, even windage trays and crank scrapers to keep excess oil from splashing around, underdrive pulleys(they change the leverage or amount of energy it takes to turn all the other puleys) and my favorite..that big ole hunk of metal hanging off the rear of the motor. All these things free up energy. Which in turn, allow the engine to make more hp. Or allows the engine to transfer more of this energy to the ground.

Onyx Black
    2002 SLP Camaro SS

All the lighter flywheel does is bring your rpm's up quicker.................does nothing for hp......................

Black
    2000 T/A

Soooooooo........Back to the numbers.
    SAE??? Corected????
    What gives?
    Lets hear from some dyno guys?
    Why does this dyno say I am making these numbers?

Black
    2000 T/A

Quote Originally Posted by fxgs View Post
    All the lighter flywheel does is bring your rpm's up quicker.................does nothing for hp......................

Ok, one more time........then I give up. As far as the flywheel is concerned.
    We are talking about the tranfer of energy here. Power to the rear wheels. Picture yourself on a bicycle with a normal tire. Now take that same bike and mount a 20x10 drag slick on the back. It would surely take alot more of your energy to get that moving than it would the regular tire....right?? Or don't change anything except to make the chain weigh about 20 lbs more. Same result, more of your energy used to move the intended object...rear wheel.

I'm not an engineer, so I don't know how to explain parasitic loss and kenitic energy. But I do know the result of lightening up the weight of any moving mass. And the result is less energy used, and more energy going to where it is directed. And our goal is the pavement... measured in the term Rear wheel hp. So reducing weight ie...lighter flywheel frees up more energy to be directed to the rear wheel, and gives us more rear wheel HP.

Red
    2000 Camaro SS # 5,876

it just makes the hp get to the rear quicker... thats all man doesn't add hp..

Quote Originally Posted by 2000SuperSportMaro View Post
    it just makes the hp get to the rear quicker... thats all man doesn't add hp..
    it adds hp to rwhp just not crank hp

Black
    2000 T/A

So...how bout them numbers? I guess there is no way to tell if the previous owner had it tuned?

Onyx Black
    2002 SLP Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by fbodynut View Post
    So...how bout them numbers? I guess there is no way to tell if the previous owner had it tuned?
    Well...................did you buy from the previous owner or a used car lot?
    If you bought from the previous owner directly, why not ask/contact him and asked all what he had done to the car?

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread Information