Cool Can someone tell me

What my car SHOULD be making at the wheels and at the flywheel. Its a 98 ws6 with a 6 speed. The only mods are a catback, lid, and filter. I read somewhere to use a 13% loss for these cars. Is that true? I also put the car on a dyno jet and it made 340rwh and 350 ft lb. I really think that is high because 340/.87=390bhp. I would think it should be more like 320rwh. Thoughts?

Thanks,
    Mike

White
    01 Camaro 6speed

to pull 340rwhp and 350rwtq is high for the intake manifold you have and with a catback and lid. Then again im not suprised much by these cars with some of the dyno numbers people get. If i have to guess your 320 rwhp is about right give or take a little but there could be many reasons why you would get a certain dyno number. Im at 336 rwhp and i have almost every bolt on except for LT's, ORY and Pulley. I think with those i could get 350-360 rwhp and to me that would be on the high side for a full bolt on LS1 car. If you plan on modding more in the future you will get some impressive numbers on the dyno. Most important is how well you do at the track and i need to get my a** there and do a few runs and see what happens after my LT's install.

Yeah I was thinking 320. That would be around 370 motor if a 13% loss is used. I really need to find out what number to use in order to find out how efficient the drivetrain is. Also ran 13.0 at 108 on my first pass, 13.0 on my second and 12.8 at 109 on my third. Seems decent for a near stock car.

Thread Information