Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Black
    1999 Camaro Z28 A4

Bad Day at the DYNO... =(

well today I finally went to the dyno...with about 80percet Humidity... 30air density...and about 80 degrees in a rainy day... with my friend an his stock Mach1 (w/ a drop in KN)... he ran pretty damn strong for those cars... 268whp and 290wtq...

well as for me... ... I have a SLP intake...KN... free-mods...no cats... Auto w/ 323's

My car...decided to have a VERY NASTY sputter... that cleared up only when I mashed... my car ran it's best run the first time...

at 278whp and 304wtq... really rainy...wet ish tires... and um... the dyno was basicly outdoors...

I don't know what to make of it guys...the car lost 10whp and 20wtq on the 2nd and 3rd runs... and well to be honest I was expecting more out of my car on the dyno...

Could it have been the little missfire... or was it to be expected or what?

Black
    1998 Camaro SS M6 #1871

If its misfiring and on a slippery surface, that seems like a big loss right there. I am no expert, but I'd say the combination of both hurt you. From what I have heard, stock on these cars depending on tune, could get 300hp at the wheels....

Black
    1999 Camaro Z28 A4

Quote Originally Posted by aerojt View Post
    If its misfiring and on a slippery surface, that seems like a big loss right there. I am no expert, but I'd say the combination of both hurt you. From what I have heard, stock on these cars depending on tune, could get 300hp at the wheels....
    meh... no tune...just stock...with dead rear o2's... LOL... I just don't have the money to better anything else...and the old owner didn't car what happened to it in the long run...

BLACK
    Z/28 LS1

I think for a stock car thats about right.

Black
    1998 Camaro SS M6 #1871

Yeah depending on how the stock tune was done. If you had it tuned they will find quite a bit. I've heard of high mileage having over 300hp stock....

BLACK
    Z/28 LS1

My shop told me you can usually pick up 25-28 HP from a tune so that would be right on.

Blog Entries

09 EclipseGT 75 Chevy 4x4
    2001 Trans-Am 13 F-XT

Just blame it on the rain. I'm hoping to run mine soon.

BLACK
    Z/28 LS1

^ That car is junk!!!! Hhahahahaha J/K man I love your car. Let us know how it does.

Blog Entries

2001 Trans-Am 13 F-XT

Quote Originally Posted by BREAKxNECKxSPEED View Post
    ^ That car is junk!!!! Hhahahahaha J/K man I love your car. Let us know how it does.
    I'm hoping for 305 - 310. I only got a Borla and K&N intake for power mods the rest if suspension so far.

BLACK
    Z/28 LS1

Well that car looks awsome I will tell ya that. Its lowered right? What kit/shocks did you go with and how does it ride? Is it terribly rough? I messed up and bought the LM but I just bought a BORLA xr1 to go on it.

Blog Entries

2001 Trans-Am 13 F-XT

Quote Originally Posted by BREAKxNECKxSPEED View Post
    Well that car looks awsome I will tell ya that. Its lowered right? What kit/shocks did you go with and how does it ride? Is it terribly rough? I messed up and bought the LM but I just bought a BORLA xr1 to go on it.
    Thanks for the compliments! I have the pro-kit on it with KYB-AGX shocks with some other suspension parts. I think it rides really good, but my wife doesn't agree. I can pull over 1G on turns with it. I pulled higher number with it than I did with a 2005 C6 Z51 on the same roads. I'm almost done with the suspension and am looking forward to doing some power mods before I do the rear.

Black
    1999 Camaro Z28 A4

I blame the Tropical weather and the rain!... ... what actually pissed me off...was the fact that my friend (who owns a Supra)... was there...and he wont let me hear the end of it... since my car...started getting more fked with every pass... LOL.. I did 3 passes... and about 4 aborted ones... including one... where I took off at 2000rpm in 3rd... and just burnt out on the dyno... LOL.

It was a great show though...for all the ricers there... seeing a RWD looking like it wants to jump of the damn thing!...

it was a DYNOJET dyno btw...

Black
    2000 TA

I put down 330hp and 344ftlbs with only a cat back, lid, ls6 manifold and a ported TB. Tuning is where its at.

Black
    1999 Camaro Z28 A4

Quote Originally Posted by texinteg View Post
    I put down 330hp and 344ftlbs with only a cat back, lid, ls6 manifold and a ported TB. Tuning is where its at.
    Can I just get any place to do it...or do I need to buy one of these LS1 Edits or HP Tunning things?

Black
    2000 TA

New Era did my tunning. They used HP tuners. Mike knows what he is doing.

2005 GTO M6 Black
    2000 Z28 A4 Red

All this talk about tuness but what about a tune up? How many miles are on your car? Get the O2's replaced change oil, air filter, plugs and wires if you are getting up there in miles, fuel filter and the usual and try again. I'd also think that the weather could have played a role as well. Good luck. I got mine in the shop for a tune as we speak and hoping for some decent numbers as well.
    My Toy 00 Z28 1SC A4 - MS3 cam with supporting valvetrain, Milled LS6 heads, LS7 lifters, , ARP rod and mains, All free mods, pacesetters, True duals, moser 9 with 4.11's and Detroit Locker, Vig 3600 tuned, tubular SFC,adj PHR, LCA, adj TA, PHR reloc, LCA reloc. all with poly bushings, ZR1's and Nitto DR's (315).

My other toy 05 GTO LS2 M6- Comp XR269HR cam, 918's, hardened pushrods, Dart Pro 1's, pacesetters, X-pipe, flowmaster 1 chambers, TSP oil pump, Tick master cylinder. Pedders RR bushings, end links, SB bushings, tie rods and strut mounts, total performance poly F&R bushings. Polk DVC 12", Infinity Kappa 6.5 component and 6x9's with corresponding amps.

Her toy 77 F100-6.6/c6. All original (for now)

Black
    1999 Camaro Z28 A4

Quote Originally Posted by slims00ls1z28 View Post
    All this talk about tuness but what about a tune up? How many miles are on your car? Get the O2's replaced change oil, air filter, plugs and wires if you are getting up there in miles, fuel filter and the usual and try again. I'd also think that the weather could have played a role as well. Good luck. I got mine in the shop for a tune as we speak and hoping for some decent numbers as well.
    just under 50K miles... changed the oil 1000miles ago... as for the plug and wires haven't touched them (they looked good when I bought it a year ago), I changed the fuel filter a year ago... airfilter was cleaned a week ago... that leaves the now completely DEAD rear O2's... $75 a pop... for replacements...

do that then buy some MSD wires... and some new plugs

Good Luck getting them descent Numbers!!!... hehe

Black
    2000 TA

Rear O2's wont hurt you performance wise.

Black
    1999 Camaro Z28 A4

Quote Originally Posted by texinteg View Post
    Rear O2's wont hurt you performance wise.
    My car runs kinda rich... cause they are dead (not sending any sort of signal)

BLACK
    Z/28 LS1

How long did you let your car cool down before the 2nd and 3rd passes on the Dyno? Heat could have had something to do with the downhill slope of power on each run.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information