black/viper blue
    99 WS6 M6

What will I run?

whats up guys i have an m6 99 trans am ws6 with an lq4 (6.0) with a 228 230 .585 lift cam, pace setter long tubes, typhoon 96mm intake, holley 90mm throttle body,38 lbs injectors, speed density tune, 3 in off road y pipe with no cats and a borla cat back system with a ram hd clutch. it has eibach sportline springs spohn lower control arms, and is rollin on c6 zo6 rims (295/35/18 rear and 275/45/17 up front. my buddy keeps askin me to go to the strip with him but i keep makin excuses not to. i have never been but roughly what will it run? my local ls guy said the car should make around 420 rwhp but idk. lol Any help will be appreciated thanks guys.

black/viper blue
    99 WS6 M6

i know and im sorry i kept tryin to start a new thread but my lap top is down and this computer is from 2000 and it wouldnt load my new thread (for some stupid reason) so forgive me this computer is as slow as shit lol
    Last edited by bluonblk99; 08-28-2010 at 11:09 PM.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

street tires?

black/viper blue
    99 WS6 M6

yeah michelin pilot sports. they have been hookin real good lately its either the road temp or the fact that they dont have much tread left

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

high 11's but will depend on a) how well you can shift and b) your 60' time in a M6 with street tires.

black/viper blue
    99 WS6 M6

it has a b&m short throw and i can drive the car i have had it for two years and did all the work myself. it runs like a sum bitch but its just that my friends think its fast as hell which to me it seeems slow now (of course) but i dont wanna go out there and get beat by some dumb ass in a honda or anything cause i got kids here in town talkin how there buddys civic can out run me
    Last edited by bluonblk99; 08-28-2010 at 11:59 PM.

Custom Swirly Black
    2001 WS6 M6

You'll find out that drag racing is alot different than street driving/racing. So its all really down to how well you can drag race your car, can make a whole second difference not launching properly or slow shifting.

Black
    2000 WS6 6spd Hooker LT

Just go there and race it. That's the only way to find out, and if you are worried about ricers being faster, than you need to realize there will always be someone there faster than you, FWD or RWD. If you can get a good 60 ft, you should be low 12s @ 114 or so is my prediction, so just go out there, have fun, and practice to find what works best.

Black
    69 Camaro, 99 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by Too Fast View Post
    Just go there and race it. That's the only way to find out, and if you are worried about ricers being faster, than you need to realize there will always be someone there faster than you, FWD or RWD. If you can get a good 60 ft, you should be low 12s @ 114 or so is my prediction, so just go out there, have fun, and practice to find what works best.
    fixed my clutch problem and stilll didnt get the damn 12's i wanted haha!!!!! one thing it was cool out but humidity was 99% so i'm guessing that was a big difference!!! I ran 13.08 at 106 and a 1.964 60ft i'm not sure what else i can squeeze out of her. kinda bummed i didnt hit 12 but i hope the humidity made the difference. I just changed all fluids tranny rear end clutch and motor this wed i'm going to take care of this kid at work with his 89 mustang gt its a battle we have been talking about but i hope i get a good run! come on 12's....any ideas how to squeeze it out? my 60ft is pretty good considering street tires

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by Camaro69Mac View Post
    fixed my clutch problem and stilll didnt get the damn 12's i wanted haha!!!!! one thing it was cool out but humidity was 99% so i'm guessing that was a big difference!!! I ran 13.08 at 106 and a 1.964 60ft i'm not sure what else i can squeeze out of her. kinda bummed i didnt hit 12 but i hope the humidity made the difference. I just changed all fluids tranny rear end clutch and motor this wed i'm going to take care of this kid at work with his 89 mustang gt its a battle we have been talking about but i hope i get a good run! come on 12's....any ideas how to squeeze it out? my 60ft is pretty good considering street tires
    You have almost the same exact time as me, but I cut a 1.906 with Nitto DRs...so not much improvement over the street tires. My MPH was 107, but I had the same ET. I, like you, was EXTREMELY disappointed I couldn't squeeze another .09 seconds out of her. Maybe if I would have taken a shit before I raced

Black
    69 Camaro, 99 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by 35th-ANV-SS View Post
    You have almost the same exact time as me, but I cut a 1.906 with Nitto DRs...so not much improvement over the street tires. My MPH was 107, but I had the same ET. I, like you, was EXTREMELY disappointed I couldn't squeeze another .09 seconds out of her. Maybe if I would have taken a shit before I raced
    dont you have 4.10's???? I think if the air was better i had that shit! haha next race i'm throwing some 112 in it mix it with a little 93 maybe that will help?????

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

dont you have 4.10's???? I think if the air was better i had that shit! haha next race i'm throwing some 112 in it mix it with a little 93 maybe that will help?????
    Yes. 9" with 4.11s.

Black
    2000 WS6 6spd Hooker LT

What RPM do you shift? Is your rev limiter bumped up and do you have the rest of the valve train ready for the 6600 or so you need to rev to to take advantage of the cam? That 60 ft is decent. I've been in the 12s 2x, one was a 12.99 and the other a 12.89 @ 109.85. (the 109 I hit 7 times that night, weather was around 50 degrees in late Ocotber, but only one 12 sec et, I had a 1.98 60 ft) About 6 weeks ago I was running 13.2x @ 107.x with 2.1x 60 ft. My tires are about done LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by 35th-ANV-SS View Post
    Hell yeah, every 2 lbs count!

Black
    2000 WS6 6spd Hooker LT

Adding that gas won't help, unless you tune for it. It might even make less power if you don't tune for it.

Black
    69 Camaro, 99 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by Too Fast View Post
    Adding that gas won't help, unless you tune for it. It might even make less power if you don't tune for it.

I don't have a cam I shift right before the limiter at about 6grand and I don't see how race fuel wont help that just doesn't make sense to me

Black
    2000 WS6 6spd Hooker LT

I don't have a cam I shift right before the limiter at about 6grand and I don't see how race fuel wont help that just doesn't make sense to me
    Sorry, I got you confused with the OP.

Race fuel won't help because octane is only a measurement of a fuel's resistance to pre-ignition, it doesn't mean it has any more energy in the fuel. Extra knock resistance means the fuel burns a bit slower compared to lower octane, so you can advance the spark relative to TDC for a better burn at higher RPM, for more power then.

This is why race fuel by itself won't help, with no tune to take advantage of it.

Thread Information