Black
    BLK TA modded 12.2@113mph

What will I do against

My buddy just bought a 2009 Mustang convertible and he called me out so I told him to take of I'll have a smoke then I'll take of and wait for him at the other end with another smoke.Was that 2 cocky lol

First of all I don't smoke 2nd I'm an a4 stock except for a lid a cat back and 3:23 gears about 13.5 in the quarter at 106mph

Second car is a 99 svt cobra Mustang how will I do against that

3rd is a new Challenger he says it's the first with a custom exhaust and intake from factory will he me bad or how am I going to do.

We are going to go at the track next month on Tuesday night and see how we do.

I can spare a grand that my wife probably won't notice to put a stall and a cam my mechanic says I'll be in the 12's with that high 12's but in the 12's wonder if I should do it I don't need it it is a familly car meaning that my wifes loves driving it oh it's an A4

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

Your wife will notice if you put in a cam or stall man
    You have the mustang, it should be close against the cobra and close w/ the challenger if he doesn't have headers.
    Stall w/ tranny cooler if you want to go fast in a straight line. some drag radials would help also.

Black

:-)

After it's in there she can't take it out but she can complain I guess

How bad will it be for daily driving It's a weekend car but my wife and my 4 year old are always with me

Black

Quote Originally Posted by c5z28 View Post
    Your wife will notice if you put in a cam or stall man
    You have the mustang, it should be close against the cobra and close w/ the challenger if he doesn't have headers.
    Stall w/ tranny cooler if you want to go fast in a straight line. some drag radials would help also.

Fast in a staright line is what I like for sure. So just a stall and a tranny cooler would make a big difference hein!!!!

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

People go w/ 3600 stalls because they lock up-so regular driving is more feasable. The main thing that stopped me from doing my stall was that our tranny's brake at high rpm's or just more power period. Around town it will be more noticable than anywhere else- I guess it's not so bad as long as your exhaust won't bug the piss out of the wife.

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

Quote Originally Posted by Durango View Post
    Fast in a staright line is what I like for sure. So just a stall and a tranny cooler would make a big difference hein!!!!
    Don't forget tires nitto 555r's are a good radial for there tread life and they don't hook so hard that are rearend shits all over the track.

Black

People go w/ 3600 stalls because they lock up-so regular driving is more feasable. The main thing that stopped me from doing my stall was that our tranny's brake at high rpm's or just more power period. Around town it will be more noticable than anywhere else- I guess it's not so bad as long as your exhaust won't bug the piss out of the wife.
    Exhaust already bugs the wife so I;ll be cruising at 3000 grand what?

Black

Don't forget tires nitto 555r's are a good radial for there tread life and they don't hook so hard that are rearend shits all over the track.
    Good point I just did it 10 000 miles ago with gear and pinion or GM did with the previous owner and I don't want to do it again

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

Exhaust already bugs the wife so I;ll be cruising at 3000 grand what?
    No w/ a lock-up during cruising it will drop to a 1:1 ratio-pretty damn close so maybe 2200rpm instead of 2000rpm at 65mph or 120km (whatever it is)

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

Good point I just did it 10 000 miles ago with gear and pinion or GM did with the previous owner and I don't want to do it again
    That was a good time to put in 3.73's . A stall and nitto's will take you to the high 12's. People always wish they went bigger stall but if your not going cam a 3200-3600 is fine w/ just about everyone telling you to go to a 3600.

Black

That was a good time to put in 3.73's . A stall and nitto's will take you to the high 12's. People always wish they went bigger stall but if your not going cam a 3200-3600 is fine w/ just about everyone telling you to go to a 3600.

I know 3:73's would of been perfect for sure but right now I think a stall and a cooler will do and the 3:73's next summer

Yeah you are dead on at 110kmh or 65mph it's at 2000rpm with a stall it will go to 2200rpm that's not bad at all

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

I know 3:73's would of been perfect for sure but right now I think a stall and a cooler will do and the 3:73's next summer

Yeah you are dead on at 110kmh or 65mph it's at 2000rpm with a stall it will go to 2200rpm that's not bad at all
    Yah the rpm's will ride high around town, but will be decent for commutes- when you get that tune tell the tuner to keep the shift points below 6000rpm our stock cams peak st 5250rpm anyway-no sense in fucking up your trans.

Black

yeah

By the way the new rims look good I was just looking at the pictures

Black

Yah the rpm's will ride high around town, but will be decent for commutes- when you get that tune tell the tuner to keep the shift points below 6000rpm our stock cams peak st 5250rpm anyway-no sense in fucking up your trans.
    My car shifts at 5900 rpm an A4 NORMAL?

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

My car shifts at 5900 rpm an A4 NORMAL?
    Sure ine after tuned was set at 6000rpm on second gear-not thrilled but i'm okay w/ it. As log as your not shifting at 6200 like you have a z06 cam.

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

By the way the new rims look good I was just looking at the pictures
    You looked at my bored so I took a drive thread? Anyways thanks I got them for a steal- that was my cam swap money

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

This isn't the "kills section" bro. Road Racing is the term used for racing on a closed loop that emulates the road with multiple turns/rises and falls in the land etc.

But, yes, in a street race you most likely willl be waiting for him at the other end.

Black

Quote Originally Posted by third_shift|studios View Post
    This isn't the "kills section" bro. Road Racing is the term used for racing on a closed loop that emulates the road with multiple turns/rises and falls in the land etc.

But, yes, in a street race you most likely willl be waiting for him at the other end.
    Pardon my frenchness I don't pick up on all the english language yet as I am a french Canadian.... lol Thanks for the learning curve

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

Pardon my frenchness I don't pick up on all the english language yet as I am a french Canadian.... lol Thanks for the learning curve
    my appolgies if I came off as a dick

Artic White
    2002 Z28

Cam and stall should get you into low-mid 12's btw. Depending on cam and stall 11's with a tire

Thread Information