Black
    1999 Camaro Z28 A4

What does it mean??

Here's the thing... my best run in stock form... was a 13.815@97mph... my springs are shot... so it sags alot and got a 1.6sec. 60ft time... well a few months back I installed a Air Lid and KN... and did the free mods and ram air from underneath... and change the tires to some lesser rubber... and ran... 13.817@102mph... here's the kicker... the 60ft time was 2.2sec...

does that mean that my car got faster...but I lost loads of grip and went slower then I should've... or am I just hoping too much that my car will run 13.5/6 with some good tires?
    Mods: SLP Air Lid w/ KN, Free-Mods, LS6 Manifold, Magnaflow, Headers, EFILive
    Visuals: Angel eyes, rear eurolights and T/A rims
    Suspension: Eibach ProKit, UMI Adj. Panhard, SFC's, LCA Relocation brakets, KYB AGX shocks

http://www.fquick.com/garages/Chevro...28/1999/23674/

Visualize°Design°Create SSwt00SS's Avatar

'18 CTS-V
    '13 ZL1

to an extent your car is quicker, yes. however your drop in 60ft time is exactly like what you had noticed, a lack of traction at this point...
    2018 CTS-V: °°668rwhp/658rwtq°°
    2013 ZL1: °°590rwhp/576rwtq°°
    "Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience."

B2300 (Fluffy) Retired
    Plain-Jane Dodge Truck

Look at your mph. 97 to 102 means you were making ~50 more HP at the wheels, so yes, you're making more power. However, those mods aren't anywhere near enough to increase the power that much, so my guess is there was something else going on when you ran the 97 mph. Perhaps bad gas, or something with the computer.

Anyway, assuming you don't have the same issues, there's no reason you can't pick up 3 or 4 tenths with some good tires.

Black
    1999 Camaro Z28 A4

thanks, that's great to hear... I still have them old tires... I should mount them on some good rims...(they still had meat on them)... and try it out again...or just save up for some DR's

Black
    1998 Trans am

I think the 1.60 60' was an error. A stock suspended car just cannot accelerate that quick. My best 60' is 1.75 and I run an A4 with 3200 stall Vigilante converter, 3.73 gears, drag radials, LCA's, panhard bar and adjustable torque arm. Your second run sounds about right for your mods. Prolly not what you want to hear.

Black
    1999 Camaro Z28 A4

Quote Originally Posted by 98ls1blackbird View Post
    I think the 1.60 60' was an error. A stock suspended car just cannot accelerate that quick. My best 60' is 1.75 and I run an A4 with 3200 stall Vigilante converter, 3.73 gears, drag radials, LCA's, panhard bar and adjustable torque arm. Your second run sounds about right for your mods. Prolly not what you want to hear.
    I have um...what could be dead springs in the back... well back then I did... and well as I recall I took off at about 2K RPMs...on stock stall and heavy braking... and it griped right off the bad with no problems

Thread Information