LPM
    2000 Z28

What all can come out!??

Ok guys.. My friend came over yesterday with a project in mind for his trans am. We completely removed the stock monsoon system, all the wires, the amp, everything. We accidently broke one wire while doing this which forced us to removed the dash to track it down, which we did and fixed. Now the sterio is only the head unit with wires running straight to the speakers in the doors and thats it.. All other speakers are gone. While in there we removed the passanger air bag (which weights a ton).. He doesnt need to get the car back together until spring and was looking for advice on other things that can come out.. I figured since my car didnt come with T/C I could trace those wires and remove.. Since I dont have ABS anymore I could trace all those wires and remove.. Unless the ABS is tied into the speed sensors on the wheels and then I guess I have to leave that alone..

Can I remove the drivers airbag? I am going to remove the diodes on the dash for the ABS and the air bag so I wont have to look at the lights anymore..

Just looking for help on easy things to remove while the car is literally a COMPLETE empty shell inside.. Gotta keep A/C according to the wife though

LS6 Intake, LS6 VCT, E^2 Catch Can, Hooker LTs and ORY, Magnaflow Cat-Back, 3" QTP electric cutout, UMI adj LCA, PHB, 3 pt SFCs, STB, MGW Shifter, SLP lid and bellow, Free-Mods, Tuned by BlueCat

LPM
    2000 Z28

Really curious if I can run the stock wheel and delete the airbag. Can I remove the air bag (box) behind the shifter and all the wires to it?

Black
    1998 Trans Am

Wrong section. But why do you wanna remove the airbags?

LPM
    2000 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by T/A98 View Post
    Wrong section. But why do you wanna remove the airbags?
    Tryin to do as much weight reduction as possible. Thought that would be drag related. Where should it be?

Black
    1998 Trans Am

I guess in that sense it would fit here. i personally would throw it under mods. But if you remove the airbag i dont believe there would be any support for the center/horn of the steering wheel. you could just get an aftermarket one though.

LPM
    2000 Z28

I'll have to look into them. I'm just curious what all can come out since I have it already torn apart. Every little bit helps and I don't wanna miss something easy that I can yank out. It's a little too time consuming to justify pulling the dash again

Thread Information