sebring silver
    2000 z28

weight reduction

last time i went to the track a guy there had a 95 z28 and he remover the front bumper support bracket that weighs in at 30lbs aprrox and also had an odyssey battery that weighed only 19 lbs and has had it for 2 years without problem, thats near 45 lbs off the from of the car... little less than a .08 off your time and launches, i guess my question is does removing this front bumper support aloow the car to tweek, i have subframe connectors and his car went 12.5 ,and didnt appear tweeked or the front plastic bumper wasnt much looser than mine, they all wiggle a little,

good idea removal or bad idea

mid blue
    99 m6 z28

Good idea if you want to look like fool, the point of having a powerful ls1 car it so be able you not have to do silly shit to beat most cars. leave it on and mod it if you want to make it faster.

sebring silver
    2000 z28

im not stripping the interior, im trying to find ways to make the car look good but removing unwanted weight especially off the front of the car, and when this other guy at the track had his off you really couldn't tell something belonged there unless you were looking for it, the smaller battery did look alittle odd but if they made it in black it would have looked more clean

Black, Blue
    07 TBSS, 07 GSXR1000

Quote Originally Posted by silverz28camaro View Post
    im not stripping the interior, im trying to find ways to make the car look good but removing unwanted weight especially off the front of the car, and when this other guy at the track had his off you really couldn't tell something belonged there unless you were looking for it, the smaller battery did look alittle odd but if they made it in black it would have looked more clean
    So long as the car isn't being driven on the street then that doens't matter, but it helps in the event of a crash. Cut weight by removing the insulation on the back of the carpet, spare tire, jack, and things like that. Insulation is heavy.

sebring silver
    2000 z28

i knew that the front bumber bracket is in case of an accident but im not concerned about that, not saying im not gonna get in one(knock on wood) but i do drive it every other day on the street and that brings up my question in the first place, WILL IT TWEEK THE CAR not being on there, driving normal on curvy roads but still taking it to the strip

mid blue
    99 m6 z28

do it and find out.

Black, Blue
    07 TBSS, 07 GSXR1000

Quote Originally Posted by silverz28camaro View Post
    i knew that the front bumber bracket is in case of an accident but im not concerned about that, not saying im not gonna get in one(knock on wood) but i do drive it every other day on the street and that brings up my question in the first place, WILL IT TWEEK THE CAR not being on there, driving normal on curvy roads but still taking it to the strip
    I don't know about long term affects on the car, but for a .25 of a tenth of what that ways on a street car I would avoid it. Pull the insulation off the carpet save the same weight and be done. IF it was a total drag car then I would say go for it.

has anyone seen Lexan rear hatch yet?

Thread Information