Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Pewter & Mystic Teal!
    2002 CAMARO SS & 1999 TA

track time updates on my bone stock 02 m6 ss

well the track was crap compared to last time out, so now im kicking my self for not making another pass the last time i was out....

two weeks ago i wen a 13.371 @ 106 with a 2.1 60'
    first time out in the car only had it about 3 weeks then

this time out on a crap track and me having more seat time and getting use to the car, i went a 13.321 @ 108 with a 2.2 60' last night

i really think i could get a 13.0 out on my stock ss or maybe even a 12.9 on a good track...but we'll never know, i have some DR on the way so next time out ill be in the 12s fo sho, but it really wont be a stock car then...oh well im tired of tryin to launch on street tires

but 108mph is flying for a stock ss, 108mph could support a 12s pass easily

bone stock 2002 m6 12.9 @ 108 woooohoooo!!!!!!
    bone stock 1999 m6 TA 13.4 @ 104 2.1 60' Still has a little more in her!

dbl clutch'n like i shld WICKEDLS1's Avatar

sebring silver
    Y2K SS CAMARO

is that what you got on your last few runs? i know that the first run was bad, but it seemed that all the m6's were having problems. i think that i did alright as far as traction but a hell of a night none the less

Pewter & Mystic Teal!
    2002 CAMARO SS & 1999 TA

yeah i ended up geting two back to back 13.3 passes one was 107 mph and the other 108mph both were a 2.2 60 foot...the other passes i had i didnt even try to run a time i spun so bad i just putted down the track.

my last pass i had was the money maker, i dont know how i did it on street tires and the crapy track. but i had a 2.1 60' almost a 2.0 but i missed 3rd gear, thank god for reverse lockout...i tryed to hit 3rd gear so hard it got stuck in the lock out i had to use both hands to pull it out...scared the crap out of me i thought i broke the trans...i was done with racing after that plus i was out of gas...

sebring silver
    Y2K SS CAMARO

Quote Originally Posted by SSIZZLN View Post
    yeah i ended up geting two back to back 13.3 passes one was 107 mph and the other 108mph both were a 2.2 60 foot...the other passes i had i didnt even try to run a time i spun so bad i just putted down the track.

my last pass i had was the money maker, i dont know how i did it on street tires and the crapy track. but i had a 2.1 60' almost a 2.0 but i missed 3rd gear, thank god for reverse lockout...i tryed to hit 3rd gear so hard it got stuck in the lock out i had to use both hands to pull it out...scared the crap out of me i thought i broke the trans...i was done with racing after that plus i was out of gas...
    nice you were kinda in the same boat i was in when my cAR overrevved in third

2002 WS6
    1965 Mustang

Yeah well I couldn't get lower than a 14.5. That sucked!! Next time with slicks. But I have to get a new clutch first. I burnt mine almost completely up on my last two passes.

Bat mobile black
    2000 Trans am WS6 M6

sounds like ur driver mod works well. Nice times!

sebring silver
    Y2K SS CAMARO

Quote Originally Posted by jodibonds View Post
    Yeah well I couldn't get lower than a 14.5. That sucked!! Next time with slicks. But I have to get a new clutch first. I burnt mine almost completely up on my last two passes.
    damn thats no good

i was talking about slicks to one of my friends with a 01 ss m6 all stock and he said slicks helped his 60' but they killed his trap speed for some reason

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

"lock out"? Are you telling me instead of hitting 3rd you tried to shift into reverse? That's about a mile away from 3rd

Sunset metallic orange
    '01 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by 35th-ANV-SS View Post
    "lock out"? Are you telling me instead of hitting 3rd you tried to shift into reverse? That's about a mile away from 3rd
    No dude I know what hes talkin about too it happens my car all the time. It's called high rpm 3rd gear lockout it. Feels like it gets stuck between 3rd and 5th. But the thing with mine was I never took my foot off the clutch so it never got me truly stuck it just wouldn't let me go into gear (f'n GM & ? they think is best leave well enough alone) I caught mine in time, & every time it happened b/c I'd feel it & I never released the clutch. It does get stuck tho and won't let you put it in 3rd idk y but it does this. I didn't find out that it was a clutch master cylinder prob. Until I already spent $1200 to fix up my t56 to a stage 2 of course. but I guess I needed it done sooner or later anyway considering it lasted 60k without any work being to it and me rompin on it and using it as a DD but look up a thing called "drill mod" in google somebody just showed me this yestarday. Supposively it's should help. Also look up the TICK module and that should help too but costs like 350 tho.

Sry for the typos

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The sound of your piss hitting the urinal.......yea it sounds feminine!

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

No idea on that one. I've had my M6 since 02....never had that happen.

Bat mobile black
    2000 Trans am WS6 M6

lol i havent either?

Ray Charles blue

What track is it at? Is that a fast track? Sounds like you have a nice running car OP. Love the color too!

I would refrain from the "fo sho" style of speaking/typing. Doesnt do much to help the Camaro owner mystique. Sort of like sporting a mullet (business in the back, party in the front).

How many miles do you have on it?

sebring silver
    Y2K SS CAMARO

Quote Originally Posted by TLS_Addict View Post
    What track is it at? Is that a fast track? Sounds like you have a nice running car OP. Love the color too!

I would refrain from the "fo sho" style of speaking/typing. Doesnt do much to help the Camaro owner mystique. Sort of like sporting a mullet (business in the back, party in the front).

How many miles do you have on it?
    we were running at thunder valley race way that night. idk i had trans issues that night too. on my third pass (letting the PCM do the shifting) the car went all the way up and touched the rev limiter by its self

Pewter & Mystic Teal!
    2002 CAMARO SS & 1999 TA

i went a 13.1 yesterday @ 108 with a 2.0 60' still all stock on street tires

puttin the DR on this week and hittin the track again sunday to look for a 12s slip

yeah i was running at thunder valley in noble oklahoma probably the worst track in oklahoma

and ill type how i wanna type ya digg!
    Last edited by SSIZZLN; 11-15-2010 at 10:53 AM.

Ray Charles blue

Nice times.........I digg homie. All I could imagine is Under Cover Brother saying that last part you typed.....lol

13.1 on street tires is fantastic man. Seriously, I get all the time from the older generation around here that these cars are mid 14s at best. I showed them my 13.5 @ 104 for my 2.73 A4 and they about shit a brick. Would LOVE to show them your slips, just to piss them off.

navy blue
    2002 camaro ss

So you turned a 13.1 at 108 mph in a bone stock ss? no free mods? How many mles is on the engine? Does it have the 345 hp slp package? Thats one very quick ss

Quote Originally Posted by TLS_Addict View Post
    Nice times.........I digg homie. All I could imagine is Under Cover Brother saying that last part you typed.....lol

13.1 on street tires is fantastic man. Seriously, I get all the time from the older generation around here that these cars are mid 14s at best. I showed them my 13.5 @ 104 for my 2.73 A4 and they about shit a brick. Would LOVE to show them your slips, just to piss them off.
    First, the "I dig homie" comment had me laughing, thanks for that

And although I'm not knocking the original poster, but 13.1 on street tires is cake walk when you are trapping 108 mph. That only requires about a 2.1-2.2 60 foot time. Nothing stellar there, just sayin

Don't know what older generation you are hanging around, but they are obviously out of the loop.
    Try sub 1.8 60 foot times on a stock F70-14 bias ply tires with a 6 inch contact patch, running 12's, 11's and even low 10's and then we'll have a conversation.

Pewter & Mystic Teal!
    2002 CAMARO SS & 1999 TA

Car has 65,xxx miles
    275/40./17 riken raptor tires
    Idk if its a 345 hp but it does have a slp lid...but I think that also came stock on my ss
    I'm gonna dyno it tomorrow to see what number it puts out stock
    Then by spring time ill have a f-13 cam and full exhaust and ill dyno it again!

Pewter & Mystic Teal!
    2002 CAMARO SS & 1999 TA

Race weight is 3600 even

Race weight is 3600 even
    That's a pretty light race weight for a 4th gen if you haven't removed anything. Alot lighter than either of mine.

I have a T-top 6 speed that weighs 3,550 lbs. empty, 3,750 race weight with me in it.

And my convertable automatic weighs 3,620 empty, and 3,820 lbs. race weight with me in it. Both with nearly a full tank of gas.

Thread Information