Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Metallic Blue
    2000 Trans Am WS6

Stock C5 vs. my WS6

Ok heres the deal guys my uncle just purchased a 01 vette non Z06. He keeps talking shit to me all the time about how he will wax my ass. Just wondering what you guys would think would happen. I think the hp rating on the vette is 350 and it is an A4.

My car is a M6 and mods include

Pacesetter LTs, SLP CAI, True duals with X, free mods, P&P TB, a mail order tune and Pro 5.0 shifter.

What do you think would happen, if I drove my car to its full potential?
    Last edited by WS6ICK2K; 09-30-2008 at 07:27 PM.

down with the lot lizards blackhawk01's Avatar

Red
    2001 Camaro SS A4

It will be a close race...I think he will definantly start to pull on you though at higher speeds...because he is still overall lighter and more aerodynamic

NBM
    99 TA

you'll win...

Metallic Blue
    2000 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by KyleLs1 View Post
    you'll win...
    I hope so, BTW you have one sexy TA. Thanks for sending me some pics of your stripes and paint sceme a while bac.

pewter
    2001 Trans AM WS6

you should be able to take him you goin from a dig or rollin

TA-White, Camaro-Black
    Track-TA98A4 DD-98z28M6

if he is stock you will absolutely rape him if you can drive worth a shit. that shouldnt be a race at all.. i beat a buddies stock c5 with just a loudmouth and lid.. both a4s, i spun all the way through first, he hooked.. he had about 1 and a half on me and i made it up by 110 or so..

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

The headers give you a chance, I have pretty much have the same setup as far as bolt-ons +ls6 manifold-a4. I got a 13.162 in the quarter on a hot day. I keep up with stock corvettes, the manuals eventually take me at higher speeds. If you can launch it and shift it you'll come out on top but not by much. You should get a manifold to help you with power up top to seal the deal. A4 corvettes from what I see at the track get 13.2 to 13 flat all day. Also the corvette was overated it had 290 rwhp, the rear independent suspension took some power away, but the 300lb diff helps. You being an m6 will help you up top, him being an a4 will help his launching.

p.s he's your uncle they like to bust our balls, if you wan to show him the punk you are call him out take it to an empty long strecth of road and beat that ass. If you want to go from a roll you can nail him by doing races at 30 or anything above 60 those are dead spots for a4's.
    Last edited by c5z28; 09-30-2008 at 10:39 PM.

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

Quote Originally Posted by blackhawk01 View Post
    It will be a close race...I think he will definantly start to pull on you though at higher speeds...because he is still overall lighter and more aerodynamic
    I would like to say that is thee freakiest avatar I have ever seen.

Metallic Blue
    2000 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by El Toro Loco View Post
    you should be able to take him you goin from a dig or rollin
    probably from a roll. For some reason I always thought the vettes were a whole lot faster than an Fbody. Seems to me they only have a few tenths on us if that. The LS6 intake is my next mod hopefully it will seal the deal.
    Last edited by WS6ICK2K; 10-01-2008 at 04:17 AM.

TA-White, Camaro-Black
    Track-TA98A4 DD-98z28M6

Quote Originally Posted by 00WS6BlueMetallic View Post
    probably from a roll. For some reason I always thought the vettes were a whole lot faster than an Fbody. Seems to me they only have a few tenths on us if that. The LS6 intake is my next mod hopefully it will seal the deal.
    IRS... usually makes them slower.. ive never been beat by a vette.. stock or modded..

NBM
    99 TA

Quote Originally Posted by 00WS6BlueMetallic View Post
    I hope so, BTW you have one sexy TA. Thanks for sending me some pics of your stripes and paint sceme a while bac.
    thx bud!

Black
    2000 WS6 6spd Hooker LT

You will get him for sure. If you can drive! M6 is 3.42 gears stock, usually the AT 'Vettes had 3.08. This more than makes up for weight difference. Especially since you have headers, etc. Make him eat his words. Really, you should both be at the drag strip, then that will prove it once and for all. No excuses about whoever left quicker, or whatever the excuse from whomever! The timeslips will not lie.

White
    2002 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by Too Fast View Post
    You will get him for sure. If you can drive! M6 is 3.42 gears stock, usually the AT 'Vettes had 3.08. This more than makes up for weight difference. Especially since you have headers, etc. Make him eat his words. Really, you should both be at the drag strip, then that will prove it once and for all. No excuses about whoever left quicker, or whatever the excuse from whomever! The timeslips will not lie.
    The Vette had 2 possible ratios available with the A4. One is the 2.73 and the other is a 3.15.

With the 2.73 gears the cars run 13.4-13.5 in the 1/4. If your uncle has those gears you'll beat him from a dig and keep on pulling.

The 3.15 gears give them a bit more out of the hole. Those cars typically run high 13.0 for the really good running ones to 13.2 13.3 ish.

You have a pretty good shot at beating him no matter what gears he has. You'll definately crush him with the 2.73's.

get the LS6 intake

how good of a driver are you from a dig, if your not that good go from a roll you should win with no problm. with the mods you have just my .02

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

Quote Originally Posted by fergyflyer View Post
    The Vette had 2 possible ratios available with the A4. One is the 2.73 and the other is a 3.15.

With the 2.73 gears the cars run 13.4-13.5 in the 1/4. If your uncle has those gears you'll beat him from a dig and keep on pulling.

My camaro with 2.73's ran 13.4 corvettes run faster.

pewter
    2001 Trans AM WS6

from a roll u should take him from a dig depending how good u are could make it a drivers race let us know what happens

Black
    2000 WS6 6spd Hooker LT

Quote Originally Posted by fergyflyer View Post

The 3.15 gears give them a bit more out of the hole. Those cars typically run high 13.0 for the really good running ones to 13.2 13.3 ish.

You have a pretty good shot at beating him no matter what gears he has. You'll definately crush him with the 2.73's.
    Looks like I stand corrected. Maybe. I am not up on all the stock gear ratios, but I did help a friend with his '99 Vette, and I swear the rear diff said 3.08. He was pissed when I told him what his gears were. I was helping him put on stainless LT, bypass the cats, different mufflers, the Fast 90 intake (I think that is what it was) and he has a hand held tuner, the last time we went to the track he still had not gotten his 12.xx ET. 13.0x @ 108.x I think, that night I got my (still personal best) 12.89 @ 109.87.

OP, race him and don't be scared. It will be close either way, and you have a great chance of winning.

Metallic Blue
    2000 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by El Toro Loco View Post
    from a roll u should take him from a dig depending how good u are could make it a drivers race let us know what happens
    I'll keep you guys posted it will probably happen next weekend. Cant wait, last time I went to the track my best was a 12.98.

Black
    2000 WS6 6spd Hooker LT

What is your trap MPH? Last time at the track for me it was 107.x. Last November, much cooler air, I was trapping 109.x all 7 runs, best of a 108.89, and that run I did my best ET also of 12.89. I might be going again this Tuesday the 7th.

Metallic Blue
    2000 Trans Am WS6

Trap speed was usually in the 107 mph range. The best was 107.68 Let us know how u run if u go on the 7th.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information