Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Red
    2001 Trash Can

Ran my first pass!!

Went to Cecil Dragway on Friday and ran 3 passes, including my virgin run!!!

I have Lt's (running open) free mods, volant intake ws6store shifter, and new ls7 clutch.

My virgin run I ran a 13.3x @108 mph
    The second run I ran 13.14 @110
    And the third run was a 13.28 @110

My 60 ft times were pretty much 2.2, but I got a 2.195 on my 13.14 run!!! r/t wasn't that bad either...all around .25 or so...hey, it was my first time. I was reacin on the 3rd light and it was still fast as hell haha.

I'm pretty happy with it for my virgin run. Now I need to get my exhaust done and get her tuned and I think I can break into 12's

2002 z28 camaro

what kind of tires do you have i think your 60' should be lower?

Black
    1994 Firebird Formula

I swear to god these are the best cars ever made! What else will do low 13's with bolt ons that isn't turbo? Good job mang

lookin for a ws6

With practice you will improve your 60' time . You already have a 12 second car. Just need to improve your 60' . Simple as that .

Quote Originally Posted by firechikin View Post
    I swear to god these are the best cars ever made! What else will do low 13's with bolt ons that isn't turbo? Good job mang
    plenty

But hey,,,glad to hear another of another first timer with good results.

Red
    2001 Trash Can

Quote Originally Posted by 35thz28camaro View Post
    what kind of tires do you have i think your 60' should be lower?
    Kumho Ecsta Esx. Got them from tire rack and I bought the Z rated ones, but they don't say ZR on the tire...? My first time I bogged, and the net 2 I spun pretty badly.

Quote Originally Posted by firechikin View Post
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnman View Post
    With practice you will improve your 60' time . You already have a 12 second car. Just need to improve your 60' . Simple as that .
    Haha, that's what I was saying If I can get my 60' down just .2 then I can get 12's lol. The track didn't look very prepped either, and I was talkin to some guys in the pits that had 2 12.4 stangs runnin 12.8 12.9 all night, and they said the track didn't feel all that great I guess I'll just have to go on test and tune instead od grudge night...I also just did a tiny tiny burnout to clean off the tires and drove around the water box each time.

Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post
    plenty

But hey,,,glad to hear another of another first timer with good results.
    Thank you, but I still need to tweak my driver mod lol And I was granny shifting.

2002 z28 camaro

put a set of DR's on it and you will run 12's

Liquid Red
    2009 Pontiac G8 GT

nice times-- looks like I need some LTs-- Your 60 ft suck like mine (no offense)- but my best is 13.66 and you are 13.1.

LT/ cut out = .5 + tires = 12s
    what is the track altitude there?

Red
    2001 Trash Can

Quote Originally Posted by jrc1122 View Post
    nice times-- looks like I need some LTs-- Your 60 ft suck like mine (no offense)- but my best is 13.66 and you are 13.1.

LT/ cut out = .5 + tires = 12s
    what is the track altitude there?
    none taken man lol. I think the altitude is pretty damn close to sea level...UGH, I don't have the slips with me, and the pics I took of them suck. It's close as hell to the atlantic ocean, chesapeake bay, river, etc, so it's a pretty low lying area. Let me get back to you on that...

and sticky tires = 12's = new rear I think with more practice I can get a better r/t and 60 ft though!

black
    1998 WS6

Quote Originally Posted by 01ws6er View Post
    none taken man lol. I think the altitude is pretty damn close to sea level...UGH, I don't have the slips with me, and the pics I took of them suck. It's close as hell to the atlantic ocean, chesapeake bay, river, etc, so it's a pretty low lying area. Let me get back to you on that...

and sticky tires = 12's = new rear I think with more practice I can get a better r/t and 60 ft though!
    I just went 11.61 on a stock 10 bolt. They don't like a big hard dump of the clutch but if you just roll into it they can take alot more than ppl think.

Figure in your DA for weather conditions to get a more accurate assessment. If you have good weather and you are already physically at or near sea level then it's very possible that you can have negative DA numbers,,,,,I wouldn't know what to do with myself with those kinds of conditions,,,we never see anything close to that around here

Red
    2001 Trash Can

Quote Originally Posted by fraz1le View Post
    I just went 11.61 on a stock 10 bolt. They don't like a big hard dump of the clutch but if you just roll into it they can take alot more than ppl think.
    Damn! How was your 60' and what were you launching at? I'm guessing you had sticky tires and are just slipping the clutch instead of dropping it right?

black
    1998 WS6

Damn! How was your 60' and what were you launching at? I'm guessing you had sticky tires and are just slipping the clutch instead of dropping it right?
    The best I've went in my m6 with a stock 10 bolt was 12.20 with a 1.68 60' with basicly lt's a lid a tune and a gear. In my a4 I went 11.61 with a 1.55 60', just an example of what a 10 bolt can take if your careful with them.

Red
    2001 Trash Can

The best I've went in my m6 with a stock 10 bolt was 12.20 with a 1.68 60' with basicly lt's a lid a tune and a gear. In my a4 I went 11.61 with a 1.55 60', just an example of what a 10 bolt can take if your careful with them.
    Wow, thanks! basically lt's a tune and gear lol. What gears...4.10? and you still didn't answer me about how you launch. I'm also guessing you power shift too, which I'm not a fan of.

Black
    2014 Camaro 1LS

nice runs

Ya the auto is much friendlier to the rearend. Buddy of mine ran his auto LS1 for 3 years on a 175 shot,,,an otherwise stock car with nothing but a Diablo tune to play with a few things, and he ran 1.5 60 foot times on drag radials and the car went 11.30's at 121 mph without issues.

Thats not to say I recommend it,,,as a matter of fact he was always a little nervous at the track with the car just because......
    I had one of those 10 bolt rears let go while upshifting for 3rd gear, and took the transmission with it,,,going at a pretty good clip in an 11 second car and I nearly put it into the wall Never again will a sticky tire go on a car with a 7.5 10 bolt if I'm driving it...

"Arrest Me Red"
    2001 trans am

thats a good looking run for your 1st time you should get it in the 12 prity quick the take off is always what is going to get you going around the whater box and a quick spin to clean off the rubber is the right thing to do with street tires you can let some air out to and thay will stick beter i just wouldnt go much past 20 psi. the way i take off in my ta is to just roll on the gas not to stomp it after some practis you will find the sweet spot so you dont bog or spin. keep us posted on how you do im like firebirdjones i wish we had the condisons like what you have

black
    1998 WS6

Wow, thanks! basically lt's a tune and gear lol. What gears...4.10? and you still didn't answer me about how you launch. I'm also guessing you power shift too, which I'm not a fan of.
    4.10Thats on about a 4000 launch with m/t et streets. I shift hard and fast but I always lift of the throttle between shifts.

Red
    2001 Trash Can

Quote Originally Posted by SpeedAddict38 View Post
    nice runs
    Thanks!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post
    Ya the auto is much friendlier to the rearend. Buddy of mine ran his auto LS1 for 3 years on a 175 shot,,,an otherwise stock car with nothing but a Diablo tune to play with a few things, and he ran 1.5 60 foot times on drag radials and the car went 11.30's at 121 mph without issues.

Thats not to say I recommend it,,,as a matter of fact he was always a little nervous at the track with the car just because......
    I had one of those 10 bolt rears let go while upshifting for 3rd gear, and took the transmission with it,,,going at a pretty good clip in an 11 second car and I nearly put it into the wall Never again will a sticky tire go on a car with a 7.5 10 bolt if I'm driving it...
    That's scary! I'm looking to save up for a 9" or an 8.8 in the near future!

Quote Originally Posted by 01 T/A View Post
    thats a good looking run for your 1st time you should get it in the 12 prity quick the take off is always what is going to get you going around the whater box and a quick spin to clean off the rubber is the right thing to do with street tires you can let some air out to and thay will stick beter i just wouldnt go much past 20 psi. the way i take off in my ta is to just roll on the gas not to stomp it after some practis you will find the sweet spot so you dont bog or spin. keep us posted on how you do im like firebirdjones i wish we had the condisons like what you have
    Thanks! Conditions seem to be pretty good, and from what I've heard Cecil is one of the "faster" tracks on the east coast...?

4.10Thats on about a 4000 launch with m/t et streets. I shift hard and fast but I always lift of the throttle between shifts.
    Damn, I was launching at around 2700 and got no bog, but lot of spin, and I shift hard and fast, not pressing the clutch the whole way to the floor and lifting off the gas. I've never owned a vehicle that wasn't manual, so I've got er' down pretty good lol. When my clutch went out I drove the car all the way home (65 miles) just dry shifting.

Red
    2001 Trash Can

Another thing...On my las run, 13.2 @110, the lady at the time slip booth said that I need a helmet next time...WTF??? Anyone know a good place to buy a cheap Snell rated helmet?

Thread Information