Thread: please help

blue
    99 camaro ss

Angry please help

hey guys long time reader her, anyways my problem is that track and my times typical as it is. me and my three buddies all are palmdale track regulars and if your not familiar with it, it is the worst track ever imo, but anyways my ride is a 99 camaro ss with h/c/i plus a hundred dry shot, and ls1 edit. anyways the camaro has 85,000 on the clock and it was dynoed at 65,000 and it made 410 to the real wheels before the nitrous i have yet to dyno it with the nitrous. Moreover my buddie who i went to the track last with has a z06 vette thats procharged at 9 psi and makes 590 rwhp. and his son has a 03 cobra with a cat back exhuast and a larger charger belt making 405 rwhp. lastly a buddie of mine with a bone stock 00 vete.

The track is at 5000 ft elevation and is usually between 40 to 50 deg b/c its held at night and the location is the desert.

Anyway onto the times the zo6 runs consitent 12.9, the cobra runs between 13.7 and 13.9, my camaro runs 13.4 to 13.5, and the vette runs between 14.7 and 15.0
    Anyways were all curious what we would run in a normal track and does elevation really have this big of a impact plus the track is horribly preped.

blue
    99 camaro ss

oh by the way its a 20001 zo6 vette

Black
    01 Camaro SS

Here you go.

http://wahiduddin.net/calc/calc_da.htm

http://www.wunderground.com/

Couple sites that should help you out. Isn't that elevation a little high for california though? I never knew cali got that high w/ towns. I know there are mountains out there but didn't know it was physically that high out there!
    96 Imp SS- 12.74@103, 1.74 60' out of fuel

06 AWD TB SS- 12.58@106, 1.76 60'

01 Camaro SS- Totaled

Yes the sierra mountains go well over 7,000 feet. And the track conditions there really suck. All the good lower elevation tracks Cali had are closed and gone unfortunately.

Even though the elevation at Palmdale may only be in the 5,000 foot range the weather usually puts DA well over 6,000 feet or more, it's not the best of places to race with high winds and sandy conditions to boot.

blue
    99 camaro ss

firebird im glad you know about palmdale my question is have you run you car at palmdale and somewhere else and what was the difference in your times or could you give me a rough idea of were i would be somewhere else under normal track conditions?

Ya but the best thing to do is use that DA formula that impalaSS gave you. Since track conditions are horrible up there, and they seem to change drastically from day to day, it's hard to really pinpoint differences in track times.

Best thing to do is get a DA reading the day you are there running, this can change by the hour so stay on top of it,,,,then do the math,,,the correction factor will give you an idea how your car would run in better conditions,,,at or near sea level. Does that make sense? Hope it helps. Larry.

Black
    01 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by leviathon 88 View Post
    firebird im glad you know about palmdale my question is have you run you car at palmdale and somewhere else and what was the difference in your times or could you give me a rough idea of were i would be somewhere else under normal track conditions?
    Yea, I'm guessing you missed my post.... I even gave you a site that you could visit to see what your conditions were like on the day you raced and then convert it to a 0 DA.

Nope I didn't miss it,,,,I mentioned your name with that info you stuck up there.

Black
    01 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post
    Nope I didn't miss it,,,,I mentioned your name with that info you stuck up there.
    Not you.......

86 Buick Grand National
    02 WS6-M6 407 RWHP

Bro there's plenty of tracks around here at sea level. Shit you are only two hours away from Bakersfield so why not go to Famoso on one of their test and tune nights. They just repaved the track last year and its supposed to have good traction.

Thread Information