Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Red
    02 camaro Z28

I need to bury an 03 Termi

Ok Guys, i need help. There was an 03 Cobra trying to get my attention and finally did. I was pumping gas and thats when he pulled up just to challenge me. this thing sounded mean. He asked "is that thing stock?" i said,"yea and its just enough to dissapoint you" he gave me his number and said whenever i'm ready to lose give him a call. Ok my friend knows his cousin and he told me that all he has is cai,bassani x pipe with flows and is running a blower pulley..
    I have a 02 Z28 a4 with slp lid and loudmouth cat back. i'm also running a bbk 80mm tb. any chance? I'm expecting $1200 back from taxes and plan to dump it in my Z. any suggestions on the best bang for the buck?

Black
    2000 T/A

lt's and a cutout, get a FAST intake mani. some kind of tune. lots of stuff like that man.

or like 900 others will say, get spray....but it's bad for our cars...makes them fast but come on..it can't be god

those cobras are fast w/ their boost and everything, but man even if you lose they're so fun to race!

good luck

Red
    02 camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by Getzen_Guy View Post
    lt's and a cutout, get a FAST intake mani. some kind of tune. lots of stuff like that man.

or like 900 others will say, get spray....but it's bad for our cars...makes them fast but come on..it can't be god

those cobras are fast w/ their boost and everything, but man even if you lose they're so fun to race!

good luck
    Thanks for help man. Maybe he cant launch out of the hole That would be good.

TA-White, Camaro-Black
    Track-TA98A4 DD-98z28M6

Quote Originally Posted by jz28 View Post
    Ok Guys, i need help. There was an 03 Cobra trying to get my attention and finally did. I was pumping gas and thats when he pulled up just to challenge me. this thing sounded mean. He asked "is that thing stock?" i said,"yea and its just enough to dissapoint you" he gave me his number and said whenever i'm ready to lose give him a call. Ok my friend knows his cousin and he told me that all he has is cai,bassani x pipe with flows and is running a blower pulley..
    I have a 02 Z28 a4 with slp lid and loudmouth cat back. i'm also running a bbk 80mm tb. any chance? I'm expecting $1200 back from taxes and plan to dump it in my Z. any suggestions on the best bang for the buck?
    lmao.. your fucked.. haha.. hes probably around 450-500 at the wheels..

all he has??? do you have any idea what that does to blown cars? lmao..

buy a good nitrous system.. as long as its hooked up correctly you will be fine.. id do nitrous, tune, tires... you should pull him with that.. spray him with a 150...

LT's arent going to do anything for you.. at least in this situation.. haha..

Red
    02 camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by lemons12 View Post
    lmao.. your fucked.. haha.. hes probably around 450-500 at the wheels..

all he has??? do you have any idea what that does to blown cars? lmao..

buy a good nitrous system.. as long as its hooked up correctly you will be fine.. id do nitrous, tune, tires... you should pull him with that.. spray him with a 150...

LT's arent going to do anything for you.. at least in this situation.. haha..
    sounds like you have been there. Shit i'm gonna get

Black
    2000 T/A

bolt on ls1 is about w/ a stock cobra.

I'm very strongly against juicing the engine...

but hey some people need the spray to feel like a winner...

yea more than liely without it you'll lose but at least you won't be rebuildng your engine in 4k miles

Black
    2000 T/A

I've beat 2 cobras in mephisto..

mods

lts
    cat back
    whisper lid
    headwork
    camwork
    and a wet shot @ the time..

don't want to be too specific of my mods until it's done, then I'll come out publicly w/ engine shotsand everything!

but with that I owned the termi

Red
    02 camaro Z28

I'm trying to stay away from the spray, and get a couple more bolt ons.

Black
    2000 T/A

I'm trying to stay away from the spray.

I'm telling u nothing but bad news there....

get some bolt ons man... you'll be suprised with how well the ls takes em

TA-White, Camaro-Black
    Track-TA98A4 DD-98z28M6

sounds like you have been there. Shit i'm gonna get
    no i have never been beaten by a mustang.. i raced a 99 cobra almost bone stock.. and i pulled on him BARELY..... i have seen some stockish friends get walked pretty hard by bone stock termys though..

i am racing an exhaust and pullied cobra next week.. he has 463 to the ground.. although i have a bit more than you.. 4000 vig stall ms4 cam slicks LTs dyno tune.. and some more stuff here and there.. i think outta the hole im going to put a few lengths on him and im gonna let off at 100 or so.. cause he may come past me pretty quick after that...

bolt on ls1 is about w/ a stock cobra.

I'm very strongly against juicing the engine...

but hey some people need the spray to feel like a winner...

yea more than liely without it you'll lose but at least you won't be rebuildng your engine in 4k miles
    spray it dude.. i currectly do not spray because i sold my kit for some more goodies.. but.. i have friends that have been spraying for 2-3 years.. track and on the street.. with stock rears and trannys.. at the track they spray 200 and on the street 100-150.. dont be scared..... hook it up correctly and get a tune..

I've beat 2 cobras in mephisto..

but with that I owned the termi
    but were not talking stock.. no where near it.... if the guy actually has what he says he has, and it was done half ass right... you talking 450 plus.. actually probably more like right over 500.. not by much.. but its 500 to the ground.. haha

TA-White, Camaro-Black
    Track-TA98A4 DD-98z28M6

im just letting you know what will help you in THIS situation...... cause thats what you asked for....

of course the SMART THING to do would be to buy some LTs a tune and mayeb a stall or something else of that caliber.. but..... you asked what will let you beat this guy... unless you get a killer cam only applications or H/C.. you wont beat him without some kind of forced induction... period..... if you go cam only... you have to buy supporting mods, which is a little on the high side of 1200.. more like 2000.. after everything...

id buy you some longtubes stall and whatever else you can afford..... take this ass whooping as a lesson.. and go get him in a year or so.. lol

Red
    02 camaro Z28

no i have never been beaten by a mustang.. i raced a 99 cobra almost bone stock.. and i pulled on him BARELY..... i have seen some stockish friends get walked pretty hard by bone stock termys though..

i am racing an exhaust and pullied cobra next week.. he has 463 to the ground.. although i have a bit more than you.. 4000 vig stall ms4 cam slicks LTs dyno tune.. and some more stuff here and there.. i think outta the hole im going to put a few lengths on him and im gonna let off at 100 or so.. cause he may come past me pretty quick after that...

spray it dude.. i currectly do not spray because i sold my kit for some more goodies.. but.. i have friends that have been spraying for 2-3 years.. track and on the street.. with stock rears and trannys.. at the track they spray 200 and on the street 100-150.. dont be scared..... hook it up correctly and get a tune..

but were not talking stock.. no where near it.... if the guy actually has what he says he has, and it was done half ass right... you talking 450 plus.. actually probably more like right over 500.. not by much.. but its 500 to the ground.. haha
    Juicing my motor is very tempting but i'm afraid of the consequences.

TA-White, Camaro-Black
    Track-TA98A4 DD-98z28M6

Juicing my motor is very tempting but i'm afraid of the consequences.
    again.... hook it up correctly and get a good tune.. shouldnt be any consequences.... get a window switch and wait to spray till around 40, that way you dont have to worry about tracktion as much or your rear end and tranny.. you can get a switch for about 75 bucks..

i actually have a guy that has a really good plate system (this is the same exact kit i had it is nice and VERY clean) it has a bunch of different jets and everything you need to install it, and the bottle still has some in it.. he is asking 400 shipped but told me tonight he would take less..

its what me him and another friend had on our stock ls1s.. and never had any problems.. its a killer system..

White
    1999 Z28 Camaro

lol, uhhhh..... LTs, tires, gears, crank pulley, flywheel, and a stall if your going from a stand still! and if your really desperate, a 150 shot will bury him! that will pretty much do it!

Black
    2000 T/A

theseweren't stock either, but they also weren't spraying like i was sooo....

stock for stock as biased as I am I'd have no chance in hell

TA-White, Camaro-Black
    Track-TA98A4 DD-98z28M6

theres one with similar mods.. and what he dynos...

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/P...nout_44394.htm difference between stockish and pullied..... that is a HUGE difference... thats as much as my friends H/C/S/I 00 z28 pulled me when i was bone stock...

what your race will look like if you dont get some major mods lol..
    http://videos.streetfire.net/video/L...bra_109820.htm

TA-White, Camaro-Black
    Track-TA98A4 DD-98z28M6

Quote Originally Posted by T-TOPS View Post
    lol, uhhhh..... LTs, tires, gears, crank pulley, flywheel, and a stall if your going from a stand still! and if your really desperate, a 150 shot will bury him! that will pretty much do it!
    wtf are you people on.. bury him with just a few bolt ons and a 150 shot... that will give him a shot.. lmao...

do you guys not know what a pullied and exhaust cobra puts out.. lmfao.. this is a joke..

theres you some links..... take a look..... i rode in the 460 hp one.. its no slouch lol.. and the one your racing should be a little quicker... he pulled VERY hard all the way through 4th (130ish).... i was in my seat the entire time...

TA-White, Camaro-Black
    Track-TA98A4 DD-98z28M6

that help you.. or at least give you and idea?

Red
    02 camaro Z28

theres one with similar mods.. and what he dynos...

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/P...nout_44394.htm difference between stockish and pullied..... that is a HUGE difference... thats as much as my friends H/C/S/I 00 z28 pulled me when i was bone stock...

what your race will look like if you dont get some major mods lol..
    http://videos.streetfire.net/video/L...bra_109820.htm

TA-White, Camaro-Black
    Track-TA98A4 DD-98z28M6

lmfao.. i told you you were in over your head.. your gonna need a cam stall tires and a then a small shot to take him.. and thats not gonna be by much..

Thread Information