blue
    01 camaro ss

how safe is 6000 rpm shift ?

i am just learning my ls1 engine ... this is the first camaro i have owned . i am g-teching the car and have hit a 13.5 to 13.6 range . the car is stock for now . i have been told that the ls1 stock will bend push rods if you rev them to 6000 rpm ... i don't do this all the time , only when running 1/4 mile. can anyone give me info ... i would rather be a bit slower and not hurt my engine.

pewter
    2001 z28 lingenfelter 383

shes made to rev to redline....if u miss shift and she revs far past redline.........saay 8k rpms then youlll break shit.......say when your near redline in 3rd at 105mph shifting into 4th and u accidently hit 2nd.....yeah thats trouble..dont do that..lol...keep up on your oil changes every 3k and make sure shes never low more than a quart and keep beatin on her...shes made to handle it ..haha perfect analogy.......your gfs pussy is only 5 inches deep but your dick is 7 inches long.......should u put it all the way in? fuckin a right!!!!! LOL ..wont hurt nothin...at least not perminatly

blue
    01 camaro ss

Quote Originally Posted by tonyjnjz View Post
    shes made to rev to redline....if u miss shift and she revs far past redline.........saay 8k rpms then youlll break shit.......say when your near redline in 3rd at 105mph shifting into 4th and u accidently hit 2nd.....yeah thats trouble..dont do that..lol...keep up on your oil changes every 3k and make sure shes never low more than a quart and keep beatin on her...shes made to handle it ..haha perfect analogy.......your gfs pussy is only 5 inches deep but your dick is 7 inches long.......should u put it all the way in? fuckin a right!!!!! LOL ..wont hurt nothin...at least not perminatly
    never thought of it that way ...lol . i figured it would take a little abuse but thought i would ask . all my other chevys took lots of abuse . thanks man.

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

your car has a rev limiter that stops the engine from ever reving... but it is not good to hit that...

blue
    01 camaro ss

Quote Originally Posted by Spaz View Post
    your car has a rev limiter that stops the engine from ever reving... but it is not good to hit that...
    what is the rev limiter set at ? 6500 ?

pewter

6200 on a stock car.......6800 on mine

blue
    01 camaro ss

6200 on a stock car.......6800 on mine
    well i never hIT THE LIMiter so i guess it is o.k. just seems to be a little rattle at idle but you never hear it when the engine is reving past 1200 rpm... some say this is common on ls1... mine is a operating temp when doing this . engine sounds good other than little rattle at low rpm. the car only has 37000 miles.

BLACK
    Z/28 LS1

This is the greatest reply to a question I have ever read. Its funny yet gets the point across. Awsome reply man!!!!!! Bravo!!!!!

pewter

ty

red
    2000 ss

Quote Originally Posted by BREAKxNECKxSPEED View Post
    This is the greatest reply to a question I have ever read. Its funny yet gets the point across. Awsome reply man!!!!!! Bravo!!!!!
    +1 haha

Thread Information