99 Firebird Formula

happy with new times

I went to the track today (1/8th), dying to try out my new pacesetters, even though I need a new clutch/hydraulic system pretty bad.

60' - 1.986

1/8th - 8.4 @ 85.4mph

I was really pleased seeing as I haven't even retuned the car yet, and had a full tank of gas. That's on street tires as well, I cut a crapload of 1.9's tonight without really even trying. However by the end of the night my car would no longer shift into 2nd gear @ WOT, so I had to quit before I wanted to. Still pleased

the car - 00 Z28 M6, air lid, ls6 intake, pacesetter LTs & ORY, slp loudmouth, some SFCs and some other little stuff.

Black
    2001 Trans Am WS6

Did you do the drill mod on your car??? I can't even get into second at WOT, and I have a relatively new Z06 clutch. The car just flat out falls on it's face.

Anyways, good times, especially for street tires. Are you slipping the clutch, or dumping it off the line and modulating wheelspin?

99 Firebird Formula

Yeah I did the drill mod, definitely not worth the time it took since it didn't help a damn bit. I'm surprised you have a problem with it, the 01-02 cars came with the upgraded slave/master cylinders.

I pretty much dump the clutch around 3k, and ease into the gas until I can feel that there will be no wheelspin.

Black
    2001 Trans Am WS6

Well my buddy drove my car, and it definitely was bogging outta the hole. I just had my car dyno tuned w/ HP Tuners, so now it'll spin as much as I want it to. Should be interesting to see what my 60' times will be. I'll try the 3K rpm launch, though i've slipped the clutch at 4K before, with minimal wheelspin.

Sorry to hear about the drill mod. I've heard alot of people profess that it was well worth it.

What 1/4 mile times are you running, and what mods do you have besides those listed in your sig??? I'm guessing that your car is making over 330whp, cause long tubes help out a bunch.

99 Firebird Formula

I haven't run the quarter yet, the 1/8th is the closest thing around here. I hate to drive further than an hour away because there is always a chance of breaking something and having an expensive tow bill!

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

I wish I could cut 1.9's.

My best is a 2.139 before the clutch got too bad. My one time out this year I cut a 2.42. Yeah.....if I got off the line decent, the clutch wouldn't let me hit second.
    New hydraulics are here along with my new clutch, and a couple other things.

The drill mod needs the upgraded hydraulics to really help you out!!! Probably doing that later this week.

Nice times.
    2008 Trailblazer SS
    Yank PTB3600, Kooks 1 7/8" LT's, 4" intake, E-fans, Magnaflow, Sonnax kit, tranny cooler, tune.
    Lowered, HID's, tinted.

1999 Pontiac Trans Am WS.6 #1747 SOLD
    531.1 RWHP 481.3 FT/Pounds all motor.

Black
    2001 Trans Am WS6

I haven't run the quarter yet, the 1/8th is the closest thing around here. I hate to drive further than an hour away because there is always a chance of breaking something and having an expensive tow bill!
    I have one thing to say. Triple A. You can get tows up to 100 miles if I am not mistaken, and for $50 a year. That ain't too bad. You should be running 12's with those times.

LIGHT PEWTER METALIC
    1999 SS CAMARO

i just ran mine with the new spec clutch,new hydraulics and a whole freaking month of trying to figure out why it wouldnt go in and out of gear? the answer-bolts all backed out of the damn flywheel-fix alot of locktight, and it ran fair 13.4@104 is all i could get out of it? and now i got a viberation ? dont know what it is maybe the 4-4000 rpm launches on dr killed my rear? how much did the ls6 intake help?

Thread Information