Black
    02 WS6 M6

G-Tech PRO experience?

Do any of you have any experience using a G-Tech pro while drag racing and if so, how close are the measurements to those you get from the strip's ticket?

I just bought mine last night and I'm still figuring it out but after a few street light launches it said I have like 230hp

I used 3600lbs for the veh. weight. Does this sound about right?
    Thanks.
    THEN: 98 Z28 A4 2.73 FRA STB SFCs LCA Relocators Lowering Springs DAPHR SLP Bilsteins Descr. MAF EGRCut-off Lid Eradispeeds - Daily Driver includ. 3 yrs on the German Autobahn!

NOW: '02 WS6 M6 LOTB BMR STB, SLP bolt-in SFCs, !spare/jack, SLP lid, Battery Relocation

Black
    03 Evolution 345 awhp

I've wondered about those things too. A freind of mine has one of those in his EVO9 and ran a 13.1 best time on it from a deadstop.

Black
    02 WS6 M6

After playing with it some more, I found that the G-tech is somewhat touchy. I got another run the same day and my G-tech said I did a 12.662 at 124.90mph. It also reported 387hp@5267rpm and 433.9ft-lbs @ 4572 RPM. I think it wasn't self-leveled. I noticed that it was reading almost a constant .1g acceleration even when standing still. There is a distinctly different process between calibration and the self-leveling which is important after mounting and before any run. Pay attention to each - I read about the self-leveling after that run.

I'm going to play around w/ the calibration and self-leveling some more until I get satisfied with it. I bought this thing to work on my 60' more than anything. BTW, my race weight is 3655 lbs on my WS6 that includes me (215lbs), 1/2 tank, g-tech, and rear seats, belts, and spare/jack removed.
    Last edited by Raven98Z28; 07-09-2006 at 10:36 AM.

Black
    99 Formula

Ive got a G tech and have used it at the track. It was always with in .1 (slower) of actual et and 1-2mph. Havnt checked power figuer with it but ets are right there. Dont know wahat happened with your ets cause they deffinetly arnt right there.

black silver
    99 z28, 81 z28

g-tech

ive got one of the early g-techs and i think if you do a horsepower/tourque run it gives you net horsepower/tourque readings. i understand that to be ratings figured after the weight of the car, the resistance of road and wind etc. etc. just thought i would add that im not sure if thats correct or not.

Blue
    2000 Trans Am

I have one and in my experience, they are very accurate. I ran it numerous times at the track and it was always within a tenth on the ET, but the MPH was usually off a bit, as was 60'....but close enough to use as a tuning/practice tool.

If you follow the HP/TQ procedures, they will also be darn close. My T/A was within 3 hp of what the dyno had as rwhp, and my 69 Camaro output read 270rwhp, which is pretty good, considering the car was running 13.5's @ 101.

Navy Blue Metallic
    2002 Camaro SS

I found my GTECH to be relatively accurate when it was setup in my Corvette. The ET's and mph were typically very close to the track times (within 2/10's of a second and 1-2 mph).

The calibration is very important and I've found that the GTECH will yield inaccurate results on uneven ground. The first time I ran on a hill, the mph was around 115 mph higher than it should've been.

If you're using it as a training tool, I found it to be very helpful at working on my launch. The 60' times were always pretty close to what I saw at the track, so I would simply keep setting it up and running to around 60 mph and then I'd review the data logs on my computer.
    2002 Camaro SS M6, 2.5 PRC 5.3L heads, TFS 228/230 cam, FAST 92, bolt ons + a 10 lb bottle in the back.

1989 Corvette L98, A4, Full bolt ons, etc.

Thread Information