First time ever running the 1/4 mile.

Well guys i just ran my z28 i got 2 weeks ago at the track and let me tell you getting my 60 foot time down is a bitch as you know. all i have for mods is fra w/ drop in K n N and a tru dual exhaust with flowmasters n ws6 store short stick. i ran 2 13.7's with a 106 mph trap speed with a 2.3 / 2.4 60 ft time. i just couldnt lauch hard enough i couldnt figure it out.. but not to bad for my first time out i guess. its an 01 z28 6spd also.

black
    2014 camaro 2ss/rs

describe how you are launching the car. rpms you hold it at, how you release the clutch pedal and mash the gas pedal.
    Cold Air Intake, Muffler Delete, Vinci High Performance Dual Valve Springs, Hardened Pushrods, Yella Terra 1.85 Rockers, Some Hydropdipped Stuff, Strut Tower Brace, Some SS Badges, boost/vacuum gauge, fuel pressure gauge, some checkered stripes, drilled/slotted rotors, ZL1addons Stealth wickerbill, Ruxifey LED side markers

Basicaly i tried reving it to like 2900 and then i eased off the clutch and it gets traction then i go so i kinda bogged it like every time and then only one time out of my 8 runs i burned out to much because i kinda dumped the clutch. how do you launch?

black
    2014 camaro 2ss/rs

i have autos. what i tell people with manulas to do is hold the revs to about 2500 rpms. have clutch pedal travel up to where it barely engages the clutch and push enough to release. when it's time to go, let out of the clutch WITHOUT adding any gas. so long as you have traction, start rolling into the throotle as fast as you can without breaking traction. it'll take a couple of times to get the right rpms and rate of throttle pedal push. most that have done it this way ended up with 2.0-2.1 60ft by the end of the night. more practive and you'll see soem 13.3x times.

btw add your timeslip to the et listing so i can put you on the list.

Drive it like u stole it! newguy WS6's Avatar

Black
    06' GTO

Ok I know Im gonna get burned for this.. but here goes..

I have a 02 WS6 M6

I leave at 6000 rpm (eeek) i dont dump the clutch , just kinda roll off of it.
    The Car has LCA's and Drag radials. My 60fts are consistant 1.7-1.8's. Im spinning a little but not much.. im actually spinning the wheel inside the tire.. I marked it with some white paint.. It looks like it has at least gone 1 full revolution inside the rim after one pass..

I run between 10-12lbs of tire pressure depending on which track and the conditions.
    I cannot strees how important Tire pressure is.. I never see a whole lot of advise on tire pressure when advise is given.

Even when I run street tires I get 1.9 60 Ft's running pressure at 18 to 20lbs.. A little more spin but hey what do ya expect?

My car has nothing more that a lid, catback, LCA's and Drag radials (MT ET Street radial).

Not syaing that anyother advise you may get is wrong, this is just what works for me and my car.

the best way to to experiment and see what works best for you!

Good Luck!
    Steve
    See Pic below

Black
    06' GTO

PC Skills are a little off this AM

here it is..

Black
    BMW E39 540I 6 spd 4.4 V8

Quote Originally Posted by newguy WS6
    PC Skills are a little off this AM

here it is..

Click for full size
    Where is that? Doesn't look like Mooresville or Shadyside...

Black
    06' GTO

It was in Pageland SC. About 30 Min form Monroe

Steve

sorry about the late reply but ill put my time slip up as soon as i take a pic of it.

Thread Information