Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

07 Chevy Corvette
    2004 Pontiac GTO

drag race car picures

I would like to see your drag race cars. I am getting ready to purchase a 2002 trans am. I would like to know what set up you use tire size what tire and suspension motor work done etc.

Silver & Blue
    02 Camaro SS, 04 GTO

It all depends on what you are looking for in a drag car. Is it a DD and a drag car or what ? do you want 12's, 11's, 10's. Give us more of a picture of your needs and the people here will get you there.
    My ride is a 2002 Camaro SS SLP #3296 with 30k, LTH, 3" Y, CME, Frost tune, K&N, ported TB, Blackwing lid, Bellows, MSD, Denso Iridium, and 85mm MAF, Bilsteins, Eibach springs, SLP strut brace, Adj. Panhard, TA Girdle, UMI, Pro 5.0, Nitto NT555
    My wife has a 2004 GTO with the rare SAP, 18" wheels, K&N Cold Air System, MSD, Ported TB, Frost tune, Denso Iridium, Flowmaster cat-back, 3200 Yank, 75k

07 Chevy Corvette
    2004 Pontiac GTO

i would loke to see all of them. I figue=re mine will be a project. I want to build a 9 sec street car. and still be able to go to car shows on the weekends I am not racing.

Silver & Blue
    02 Camaro SS, 04 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by hooley17 View Post
    i would loke to see all of them. I figue=re mine will be a project. I want to build a 9 sec street car. and still be able to go to car shows on the weekends I am not racing.
    I hope you are ready to commit to a big project. You will need to start with the Chassis to make sure it is tied together and strong enough to handle the 700 hp you will need. The car will have to go on a diet to get it under 3000 lbs. multi link rear suspension with wheelie bars will be needed. the drivetrain can be ordered from several jobbers and should run around 17k to 20k to do it right I would use a D-60 rear and use a 4.88 gear. Wiring will also be an issue because you will not be running the normal computer system. Wheels and tires to fit. Brakes will be about 3k then you have paint, body and exhaust. You get the idea. Running solid 9's at the track and making it street legal is gonna be tough because you will have to meet emmissions in most states. I hope you have alot of time and about 45k to put into this project. I would love to see the car when it is done. Should be a fun project. Time to call in all those favors your buddies owe you. Good luck, get some pics up during the construction.

07 Chevy Corvette
    2004 Pontiac GTO

I know it is gonna be expensive. Have to find a car thats not beat up first. Its not gonna be a daily driver. Mainly to car shows. My cousin is gonna help with the engine work and machining. I figure it will be a few years before i can hit the 9's but i will have fun in the mean time with the car.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2
    2004 Pontiac GTO
    2007 Chevy Corvette

Silver & Blue
    02 Camaro SS, 04 GTO

I know it is gonna be expensive. Have to find a car thats not beat up first. Its not gonna be a daily driver. Mainly to car shows. My cousin is gonna help with the engine work and machining. I figure it will be a few years before i can hit the 9's but i will have fun in the mean time with the car.

I thought you wanted to put the 02 Trans Am into the 9's. Get something 25 years or older and you do not have to worry about emissions. You can get an older car with carbs into the 9's for under 20k. Remember, to race it you will need an NHRA license. Good luck.

07 Chevy Corvette
    2004 Pontiac GTO

I do want put the 02 trans am in the 9's. I havent bought the car yet. I am gonna get collector plates for the car or title it at my inlaws house so no emission check

Silver & Blue
    02 Camaro SS, 04 GTO

I do want put the 02 trans am in the 9's. I havent bought the car yet. I am gonna get collector plates for the car or title it at my inlaws house so no emission check

I think a vehicle must be 25 years old or older to get collector plates. I looks like plan B for you.

07 Chevy Corvette
    2004 Pontiac GTO

they don't make the pontiac name brand any more. so they are considered for collector plates. At least in ohio they are. we have 5 or 6 that are running them.

Silver & Blue
    02 Camaro SS, 04 GTO

they don't make the pontiac name brand any more. so they are considered for collector plates. At least in ohio they are. we have 5 or 6 that are running them.
    Wow, thats great. In New Jersey it must be 25 years old no matter what. You are lucky up don't live in a comunist state. lol

Ohio was always great about that stuff. They only E check in 2-3 of the bigger counties (Hamilton being one) and collector plates will exempt you. In Ohio, collector plates can go on anything as long as you can show it's a limited production vehicle,,,there is no age limit.
    It's the Historical Plates (some call them antique) that require the vehicle to be 25 years or older, and those plates are a one time purchase that never have to be renewed.

I grew up there and dealt with this on many classic and newer cars, Ohio is one state that doesn't have their heads up their A$$es

In any event, 9's aren't too hard to reach if you aren't afraid of power adders. I've seen quite a few 4th gens with forged 346-370 cubes and a single turbo go 9's and driven on the street frequently.
    Plenty of stroker combo's on motor only that go 10's. Keep in mind 9.99 requires an NHRA license at the track.

Hit a test and tune night at your local track and you'll probably see a few. Hit a track that has a Fastest Street Car shootout or even an LS shootout and you'll likely see dozens of them Places like Indy, Norwalk, and even Bowling Green all have events like this and they are all within an easy driving distance from Ohio (Norwalk is in Ohio even )

07 Chevy Corvette
    2004 Pontiac GTO

Norwalk is my home track. I have been going out there. Dont want nitrous. Turbo or supercharger i wouldn mind

RED
    2001 WS6

Norwalk is my favorite track heres vid from couple years ago.Shooting for a 10 this year but might run just motor (runs consistent) look us up and take a closer look if you want. Look for my car at 1:20 into vid.Got some on vhs tapes of chasing down some 19 sec cars that need to be transferred.

Norwalk is a top notch facility that I loved to frequent, and a hookin' track too We never missed the Tri-Power Nats, (or Pontiac Nationals as it is now called). Some other very cool events there throughout the year.

07 Chevy Corvette
    2004 Pontiac GTO

Yeah we go out there for nhra nationals, night under fire, pontiac nationals and of cours the halloween classic. And other saturday night events

07 Chevy Corvette
    2004 Pontiac GTO

Nice video. That green firebird was crazy. To bad it wasnt running. Everything was so clean.

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

I would like to see your drag race cars. I am getting ready to purchase a 2002 trans am. I would like to know what set up you use tire size what tire and suspension motor work done etc.
    << That's our '02 Trans Am coming off the line at Beaver Springs Dragway in central PA. Car started out bone stock, except for a hacked up MAF, and ran 13.4 at 106 mph with a catback, subframe connectors and a lid. The car now has a full UMI tubular suspension, Kooks exhaust up front, a cutout, 12 bolt with 3.73's, a Performabuilt Level II transmission, 3,200 stall billet converter, PST aluminum driveshaft, Frost tune, and Hoosier QTP's and skinnies on Bogart wheels. Best run last year was a 12.4 at 107.93 mph. Engine is all stock internals, stock heads and intake... but those may be changing within the next several months.

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Some more pics:

RED
    2001 WS6

Quote Originally Posted by pajeff02 View Post
    some more pics:

Click for full size

Click for full size
    sweeeeeet!!!

RED
    2001 WS6

heres some from last year running "drag setup" this year !!!!

Thread Information