Thread: Disappointed

Black
    2001 Camaro Z28

Disappointed

I ran my car for the first time this weekend in the 1/8 and had terrible times i guess i was expecting more out of it and myself my best was a 9.077@86 .176 reaction 2.178 60ft. the track is at an incline 12 foot raise from start to finish but i was hoping for at least an 8.6

Black
    2001 Camaro Z28

forgot to mention 2001 M6, slp lid, loudmouth exhaust, lowered on bilsteins.

Sunset Orange Metalic
    2001 Camaro SS

Work on that 60'
    You got lcas and relocation brackets?

That would come out to about a very low 14 teens in the 1/4 mile. Maybe 14.10 to 14.15 or so.
    The MPH of 86 isn't bad for your mods, that's probably about right considering that would be 105-106 mph in the 1/4 mile.

Your 60 foot isn't that great, but about average from most of your 6-speed drivers on stock rubber. Even so, your ET is still a bit slow for your MPH, as if you are granny shifting the thing down track.

Just looks like more practice to me. Everybody wants a 6 speed, unfortunately they all can't drive em'.

Black
    2001 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by tatertot91 View Post
    Work on that 60'
    You got lcas and relocation brackets?
    yes and sway bars sfc's and panhard bar im more set up for autocross

Silver
    99 Camaro SS

99 camaro ss with an a4 mine ran 8.8 on the 1/8th, only things i had done were k&N intake kit and msd wires

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Agree on the 60' and better shifting. I managed a 1.9X on street tires with my M6 when it was completely stock. I ran a 13.79 at 105MPH.

Your car has more in her. Just keep practicing your launch and shifts. You'll get there.

Black
    2001 Camaro Z28

ill be going back in a few weeks this was my first time ever so im hoping to drop some more time

Metallic Red
    1995 Mustang GT

Good trap speed for that not so good time.

Black
    2001 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post
    That would come out to about a very low 14 teens in the 1/4 mile. Maybe 14.10 to 14.15 or so.
    The MPH of 86 isn't bad for your mods, that's probably about right considering that would be 105-106 mph in the 1/4 mile.

Your 60 foot isn't that great, but about average from most of your 6-speed drivers on stock rubber. Even so, your ET is still a bit slow for your MPH, as if you are granny shifting the thing down track.

Just looks like more practice to me. Everybody wants a 6 speed, unfortunately they all can't drive em'.
    any tips for getting a quicker shift?

Arctic White
    2000 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by davidz28 View Post
    I ran my car for the first time this weekend in the 1/8 and had terrible times i guess i was expecting more out of it and myself my best was a 9.077@86 .176 reaction 2.178 60ft. the track is at an incline 12 foot raise from start to finish but i was hoping for at least an 8.6
    I noticed you mentioned your lowered. What size wheels and tires are you currently running? What size wheels and tires do you run at the track?

Quote Originally Posted by davidz28 View Post
    any tips for getting a quicker shift?
    Ditch the T56

Honestly,,,not too much you can do really without spending a little money. These T56's with their rail style shifters are somewhat notchy in nature. In stock form these trannys aren't that friendly when it comes to shifting in a hurry.

There are little things you can do with the clutch system, making sure the disc pulls completely off the flyhwheel, an adjustable master cylinder here goes a long way. Keeping the fluid clean and bled properly also helps. The drill mod helps with faster clutch action. Hydraulic systems (in stock form) aren't speed shift friendly.
    I've seen some internally modded T56's that shift pretty nice as well with modified rails. In stock form, with flimsy shift forks, plastic shift pads, weak sincros, they were made more for comfort and quiet operation than speed shifting. Otherwise they are a decent trans.

Just keep at it, you'll widdle that time down.

black trans am

Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post
    Ditch the T56

Honestly,,,not too much you can do really without spending a little money. These T56's with their rail style shifters are somewhat notchy in nature. In stock form these trannys aren't that friendly when it comes to shifting in a hurry.

There are little things you can do with the clutch system, making sure the disc pulls completely off the flyhwheel, an adjustable master cylinder here goes a long way. Keeping the fluid clean and bled properly also helps. The drill mod helps with faster clutch action. Hydraulic systems (in stock form) aren't speed shift friendly.
    I've seen some internally modded T56's that shift pretty nice as well with modified rails. In stock form, with flimsy shift forks, plastic shift pads, weak sincros, they were made more for comfort and quiet operation than speed shifting. Otherwise they are a decent trans.

Just keep at it, you'll widdle that time down.
    im with this guy he knows his t56 lol.... to get a 56 to shift is a b****
    i have viper sysncro new fork pads, new forks, syrcro rings, and tons of clutch stuff and test and try and im still not happy..

im thinking about taking it apart and grinding 1/2 the teeth off my blocker rings.

the fluid in the trans is a big part on how it shifts the gm sysncro crap sucks
    ....cheep atf is best ive found

Black
    2001 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by blackbirdbrain89 View Post
    im with this guy he knows his t56 lol.... to get a 56 to shift is a b****
    i have viper sysncro new fork pads, new forks, syrcro rings, and tons of clutch stuff and test and try and im still not happy..

im thinking about taking it apart and grinding 1/2 the teeth off my blocker rings.

the fluid in the trans is a big part on how it shifts the gm sysncro crap sucks
    ....cheep atf is best ive found
    how much are viper syncros? and where did you get them

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

If you have the tranny pulled already and apart, I'd upgrade everything mentioned. Parts aren't very expensive if you are doing it yourself.

Thread Information