Blue
    2002-WS6

Bristol Street Fights!

well i found out Saturday that i need Drag radials and more practice, i went to the track for the first time in my life and ran the 1/4, needless to say i babied 1st and 2nd so i didnt spin too much but still roasted em pretty good, i also left on the green instead of the last yellow, when i got it in 3rd i redlined 3rd and 4th and only ran a 13xxx at 109, so i need DR's for sure and a little more practice, lol- but i had a blast, i will be doing it again!!!!

Silver & Blue
    02 Camaro SS, 04 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by Edward-T View Post
    well i found out Saturday that i need Drag radials and more practice, i went to the track for the first time in my life and ran the 1/4, needless to say i babied 1st and 2nd so i didnt spin too much but still roasted em pretty good, i also left on the green instead of the last yellow, when i got it in 3rd i redlined 3rd and 4th and only ran a 13xxx at 109, so i need DR's for sure and a little more practice, lol- but i had a blast, i will be doing it again!!!!
    What mods do you have ?
    My ride is a 2002 Camaro SS SLP #3296 with 30k, LTH, 3" Y, CME, Frost tune, K&N, ported TB, Blackwing lid, Bellows, MSD, Denso Iridium, and 85mm MAF, Bilsteins, Eibach springs, SLP strut brace, Adj. Panhard, TA Girdle, UMI, Pro 5.0, Nitto NT555
    My wife has a 2004 GTO with the rare SAP, 18" wheels, K&N Cold Air System, MSD, Ported TB, Frost tune, Denso Iridium, Flowmaster cat-back, 3200 Yank, 75k

Blue
    2002-WS6

6.0, M6, 410 rear, LT's, magnaflow cat back, LS6 ported and polished stage 3 heads,LS6 intake,SLP 85 MM MAF, 85 mmTB, smooth bellows, 42 lb injectors, underdrive pulley,Walbro 90 PSI - 255 LPH F.P. CF air lid, K an N, TSP v2 cam, spec 3 clutch, heavy duty slave cylinder, race performer flywheel, MSD wires, Dyno tune,3 point SFC, UMI rear suspension, Drilled and Slotted Rotors, UMI ST brace

Silver & Blue
    02 Camaro SS, 04 GTO

6.0, M6, 410 rear, LT's, magnaflow cat back, LS6 ported and polished stage 3 heads,LS6 intake,SLP 85 MM MAF, 85 mmTB, smooth bellows, 42 lb injectors, underdrive pulley,Walbro 90 PSI - 255 LPH F.P. CF air lid, K an N, TSP v2 cam, spec 3 clutch, heavy duty slave cylinder, race performer flywheel, MSD wires, Dyno tune,3 point SFC, UMI rear suspension, Drilled and Slotted Rotors, UMI ST brace
    What type of rear do you have ? I hope it is not the stock 10 bolt. If it is then you will blow the gears out of it on your first few runs. You have too much HP for that little rear. Before you lay down gear oil all over the track, buy a 9" or S60 before running DR's.

Blue
    2002-WS6

Yea it's the factory 10 bolt. I have a zexel gear drive posi I been planning on installing but havn't got around to it. Probably won't help much but I can't afford a 9 in or a moser 12 right now. Should I just run street tires till I get the money for a rear? I think if I can get it to hook it will run mid 11's. The car is just a hair shy of 450 hp

- - - Updated - - -

Yea it's the factory 10 bolt. I have a zexel gear drive posi I been planning on installing but havn't got around to it. Probably won't help much but I can't afford a 9 in or a moser 12 right now. Should I just run street tires till I get the money for a rear? I think if I can get it to hook it will run mid 11's. The car is just a hair shy of 450 hp

98 Formula
    06 duramax

you trapped way below what you should....sounds like you had a ton of trouble. Get a rear, get practice, and then post up the better times.

Silver & Blue
    02 Camaro SS, 04 GTO

- - - Updated - - -

Stick with the street tires and start putting away some money for a rear upgrade. Nothing sucks worse then oiling up the track for others while people yell at you when your car is getting towed off the track.

White
    2002 Trans Am WS6

Also, if at any point you plan on running with sticky tires and any sort of a launch consider getting a stronger driveshaft. I only have intake and exhaust mods and I twisted my driveshaft into 3 pieces with MT street radials. Every one of my runs had a little slip off of the line except for the last and when it hooked..... well... lots of clunking and metal snapping sounds. Mine's only a low 13, mayyyybe 12.9999 on a perfect run car, so yours definitely has the potential to crack that thing.

Thread Information