Silver
    05 Goat SMASHED

Beware of Summit & Jegs Wheels!!!

Well I just wanted to alert you all about a surprising delivery that I got last week.
    We ordered a set of "Super Lite" or lookmalikes from Summit due to the fact they didn't have the right 15x10 backspaced Weld and said it was on back order. I was not there when UPS droped them off and the customer doesn't
    know any better............

They are some Made In China JUNK!!! First off they take a acorn style lug nut but still are Very Large machined hole. Which in my mind makes for a Very weak mounting area. Second the POS wheels say Max. tire dia. 28"s
    Fuck you sold me a 28.2" tall drag radial at the same time. And you don't think it will grom @ 130 on ther big end...... They better learn how to sell there own branded wheels quick.

Well Pimpandhost must be down right now so I'll add pics soon.
    Don't be afraid of the bottle!!! Be afraid of your tune!!!

Silver
    05 Goat SMASHED

Bright Red
    2000 Pontiac Trans Am WS6

Why else would you think they were so cheap?

Perfect example of getting what you paid for...Not to mention, the finish looks like crap for a brand new polished rim.
    2002 Silverado Z71 ECSB HPTuners tuned by yours truly
    2000 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 6.0, 4L80E, 9" rear
    webpage: http://www.fquick.com/rel3rd/

Silver
    05 Goat SMASHED

Quote Originally Posted by rel3rd View Post
    Why else would you think they were so cheap?

Perfect example of getting what you paid for...Not to mention, the finish looks like crap for a brand new polished rim.
    Shit it's not like they are even that much cheaper.......$30-40 bucks a wheel. I think they were $145 a wheel round about. Those fucking things should be $75 ea new.

Either way I was just trying to for warn you all I could care less seeing that I would NEVER buy any for myself. I have 3 sets of original Cragar Super Lites when they were still owned by Mr. Gasket. And if I buy anything anymore it's Bogarts or Mickeys race wheels.

Pewter
    1999 Chev Z28 Camaro,

Hey, thanks for posting this. And letting everyone know of your mistake. It takes someone pretty big to admit a mistake and much more post it with digitals.
    Our industry is getting deluged with this crap from China. Copy cat stuff that is inferior to the aftermarket stuff made here in the land of the hot rod.
    Anything that Jeg's or Summit sells with their names on it is made overseas. That is why it is much more cheaper. Hot rodders it is time to unite and not buy this crap. Go ahead and save a little longer and get what you want. Or buy it used. Summit and other's will eventually get the message.

sebring silver
    2000 z28

Quote Originally Posted by LS2Tuner View Post
    Shit it's not like they are even that much cheaper.......$30-40 bucks a wheel. I think they were $145 a wheel round about. Those fucking things should be $75 ea new.

Either way I was just trying to for warn you all I could care less seeing that I would NEVER buy any for myself. I have 3 sets of original Cragar Super Lites when they were still owned by Mr. Gasket. And if I buy anything anymore it's Bogarts or Mickeys race wheels.
    a guy i work with just bought those for his 53 chevy truck and he was happy except the fact that all four rims had some damage to the(dings and dents) nothing unusable but he called them back and had the choice of sending them back or get a 10% refund...he took the refund
    2000 auto camaro
    13.54 @ 104 2.049 60' stock 2.73

12.94 @ 109 2.002 60' full exhaust, lid, tune, nitto 555r 2.73

11.899 @ 114.44 1.686 60' full exhaust, lid, tune, nitto 245/50-16 555r 3.73 moser 12-bolt 2800 fuddle, ls6 intake manifold, slp under drive pully,fiberglass hood, bmr k-member

W
    2004 Oldsmobile Alero

American Racing wheels are also made in China. Lots of good stuff that is comparable with American stuff comes from China but for way less money. I've used AR wheels for 18 years and I am pleased with them. Combined with great performance tires they are fantastic. Maybe you have to just compare reviews of every company that makes stuff in China.

Thread Information