silver
    98 ss camaro

for all u sti guys

I have a 98 ss put down 301hp and 305tq to the wheels on an awd dyno most people that used this dyno did about 335hp and 345tq to the wheels on a mustang dyno. I have a friend with an 04 sti talking a lot of shit, hes putting 273hp and 279tq to the wheels. I've added a bigger tb and an ls6 intake manifold after the dyno so should have a little more now. Wondering what you guys think the outcome will be from a roll and from a laugh I'm pretty good at launching don't spin the shit out of the tires like most. I have a tunner and headers on the way but kinda don't want to wait due to all the shit talking.

silver
    98 ss camaro

any one have any ideas here???? i'm not looking for 100% positive but some ideas would be nice. I looked up the weight differences, looked like only about 50lbs so on paper my power should make up for it easily. Just would like some other opinions.

White
    99Trans am

he is going to take you at start but when second kicks in your gone plus your freind better know how to shift sti's have a short gear ratio

1998 Firebird Formula WS6

you should be able to pull him somewhat easily from a 2nd gear roll, from a dig you will be in for a hell of a race.

Navy Blue Metallic
    2002 Camaro SS

You should be able to take him from a roll and you should continue to pull up top.

From a dig, it's going to be a real challenge if he knows how to drive the car. He should jump out pretty quickly and with short gears, he might hold you off until around 60 -- at such time you should start to pull a bit. If you're a M6, 3rd and 4th gear are really going to be your friend. If your an A4, you should start to pull around the top of 2nd gear.

silver
    98 ss camaro

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight02 View Post
    You should be able to take him from a roll and you should continue to pull up top.

From a dig, it's going to be a real challenge if he knows how to drive the car. He should jump out pretty quickly and with short gears, he might hold you off until around 60 -- at such time you should start to pull a bit. If you're a M6, 3rd and 4th gear are really going to be your friend. If your an A4, you should start to pull around the top of 2nd gear.
    this might make a little difference too it's an m6 i have the 5.0 short shifter and 3.73 gears.

black Silver
    06 silverado/ 06 C6

Quote Originally Posted by slpcamaro View Post
    this might make a little difference too it's an m6 i have the 5.0 short shifter and 3.73 gears.
    Either race from a dig or don't race. roll racing is a joke imo.

silver
    98 ss camaro

Quote Originally Posted by adam3566 View Post
    Either race from a dig or don't race. roll racing is a joke imo.
    got to disagree there, enless your willing to race from dig to top end. Need a lot of room if you starting from a dig. Otherwise we all should just put some 4.10's in our car if from a dig is all the matters. plus in my case we want to know more where the cars stand not drivers. The driver is going to be the owners friend, the owner is in iraq and wants to know what it can do and keeps talking shit. so his friend launching the car will probably snap an axel or mess up the launch so from a low speed roll well give us a better idea on where the cars stand. That's like saying there shouldn't be such thing as nascar.

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by slpcamaro View Post
    got to disagree there, enless your willing to race from dig to top end. Need a lot of room if you starting from a dig. Otherwise we all should just put some 4.10's in our car if from a dig is all the matters. plus in my case we want to know more where the cars stand not drivers. The driver is going to be the owners friend, the owner is in iraq and wants to know what it can do and keeps talking shit. so his friend launching the car will probably snap an axel or mess up the launch so from a low speed roll well give us a better idea on where the cars stand. That's like saying there shouldn't be such thing as nascar.
    From a low speed roll you should destroy him. And as the speedo climbs, the gap should just keep growing larger. STI's don't have shit for top end, they feel quick 0-60 but once you're on the highway you might as well get out and push.

Black
    99 Formula

Agrred, he should be seeing tail lamps from a roll, them things need to build boost to get, then you shoulb be able to keep pulling on him. From a dig it seems like half those guys blow their launch and boggggg. Then you'll be hearing all his excuses.

Just a souped up sunfire. Ryans99LS1's Avatar

SOM
    99 Trans Am

youll take him

Thread Information