red
    2000 trans am ws6

is 60ft times and mph ok?

Last night at the track my best run was 13.51 @103.3 and a 60ft of 2.11. My car is an A4 with a K-N FIPK and Corsa cat. I lined up next to a 97 cobra once he had 1.9 60ft and I pulled him pretty good from about 2nd gear on. In my opinion Im not coming off the line real good but Im not really spinning my street tires too bad either. I only ran a few times because my serpentine belt start to come loose. Dont know if it had been loose for any of my runs. Im gonna order new belts and Crank Pulley soon. Another quick question should I order an alternator pully too or not worry about it. Any thoughts?

2007 GMC Sierra Duramax

The best I ever got out of my 02' Z28 A4 with very sticky (for non-DR's) Michelin Pilot Sports was 1.9's.

2.11 is respectable, but you should be able to improve some unless your tires are shot.

Don't get your street tires wet, and don't worry about heating them up. Just drive around the water, and do a practice launch or two before you get to the line.

My best launches on the stock converter came from "flashing" it, or not stalling it up. Keep your left foot on the brake and your right foot just resting on the gas. I could just hit it on the PS2's and they wouldn't spin, but if you are getting some spin, just ease into it and don't floor it until you feel like you are hooked.

Some folks may ask you what gears you have, 3.23 or 2.73, but it was my experience that there was not much difference. I've had both with A4's, and the 2.73 car was actually faster. I think this is because it's easier to launch 2.73's, and trap speeds were similar.

Your time looks about average, but your speed may be a little low assuming you ran in Gulfport, which is close to sea level. If it was really humid then that could have hurt your trap speed and time.

Hope I didn't ramble on too much for you...

red
    2000 trans am ws6

thanks for the input I got brand new tires but i think i just wasnt coming hard enough off the line kinda focusing on my reaction time for some damn reason. It was pretty humid that night too.It's also not the best track in the world either. I probaby wont run again till I get some DR tires so I can just gun it from the line.

01 WS6

i run 2.0 if iam lucky...but avg 2.1 Rt with my A4...
    i guess the best way is to do what Jking is saying-play with the breaks and gas..
    just remember what RPM you launching at....till you get it downpackd

Thread Information