black
    drag race S10

2011 lsx challenge series

If you’re an LS fan then the GM Performance Parts LSX Challenge Series is what you’ve been waiting for. Developed from the excitement of the LSX Shootout, the all-new LSX Challenge Series will run at four select events in 2011:

•NMCA Florida - Bradenton Motorsports Park - Bradenton, FL - March 18-20
    •NMRA/NMCA Georgia - Atlanta, Dragway - Commerce, GA - April 14-17
    •Holley LS Fest - Beech Bend Raceway - Bowling Green, KY - September 9-11
    •NMCA Indiana / LSX Shootout - O'Reilly Raceway Park - Indianapolis, IN - October 6-9

The GM Performance Parts LSX Challenge takes place as a part of the NMCA Flowmaster Muscle Car Nationals (Except at Holley the LS Fest), which means you will see the best in LS performance as well as all-domestic heads-up muscle car drag racing. All events also feature giant car shows, huge manufacturers' midways and swap meets, 300+ MPH jet cars, burnout contest and much more!

www.nmcadigital.com 714-444-2426 jtaylor@promediapub.com

Bring it out west and I'll be there. I miss the NMCA.

black
    drag race S10

Nmca/nmra in calfornia

NMCA/NMRA WILL BE IN CA ON JULY 9-11 2011 AT AUTOCLUB DRAGWAY FONTANA, http://www.nmcadigital.com/events/event5.php

SILVER
    2000 Z/28

Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post
    Bring it out west and I'll be there. I miss the NMCA.
    ^^+1
    Lt's,SFC,3,600 Fuddle stall,Spohn Adj. tunnel mount torque arm, BMR LCA,Ls6 intake,Air lid,Under drive pulley,S60 rear,Frost tune and a few more things I cant remember.

Quote Originally Posted by 5150 View Post
    ^^+1
    Hell ya, especially since most of this stuff is based in the midwest, it's only seasonal racing out there. (I grew up out there)

I would think at the very least during the winter months when things are shut down they would look out west for venues like this and continue to rake in the money.

SILVER
    2000 Z/28

Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post
    Hell ya, especially since most of this stuff is based in the midwest, it's only seasonal racing out there. (I grew up out there)

I would think at the very least during the winter months when things are shut down they would look out west for venues like this and continue to rake in the money.
    It would be nice! Instead of just reading about it in a magazine.

Plus it just makes good sense.
    One thing I disliked about living out in Ohio was the fact that the weather sucked most of the time. It made the car hobby seasonal at best. Even during the summer months you had to deal with pop up thunderstorms every few days. Made me go out and buy an enclosed trailer. Because I never could depend on the weather when you're 400 miles from home spending the weekend at a large event. Needed cover for the car and the family just in case.

With that said, I would think it would be beneficial, at least during the winter season, to come out west and have 2-3 events. Perfect timing, cooler weather that's great for racing.

We have the PSCA out here, and the AFSC which is great, but the NMCA has 9 events scheduled for 2011, and only one of them is out west in Fontana, California. Everything else is back East in Florida, Illinios, Kentucky, Georgia, etc... And from the first week of November, all the way through the 3rd week of March,,,there is nothing

Something else I miss doing is the Pure Stock drags, and the FAST series racing that is mainly held in the Michigan, Ohio, Georgia areas. But that's another discussion.

SILVER
    2000 Z/28

I hear ya! I love to watch door slammers. I used to have a '65 f-85 with a 425 in it. Fun as hell to drive. Took it to famosa several times. Even drove it there a few. Put the slicks n tools n back of the truck and had the wife follow me down. Good memories.

Not to mention also,,,,but the LSx events also scheduled to run in conjuction with the NMCA sponsored by GM Performance are only scheduled for 4 events, and all of those are back East. Our only West NMCA event in Fontana won't have the LSx racing.
    The other LS event is sponsored by Holley, and that's back East as well.
    I realize that this is relatively new, and it may need time to expand, but I sure would like to see it out here.

Thread Information