black
    1999 camaro

1st Time running at the track... could of been better

Well I went to the track this Friday and didnt do as good as i would of liked to. I have a 99 m6 z28 with about 350 hp. I would of done pretty good but my launch's killed me. I was trying to baby the clutch out instead of dumping it n i think it was hurting me. i had two 2.3 and two 2.2 60' times. i missed 4th my first time n ended up runing a 14.0 then i did ok the next run and got a 13.9 @ 104. The next run i went against a 06 GT( I really wanted to take him) so i eneded up dumpping the clutch a little more then i would of liked to but i took off out of the hole and had him by a car but some how i missed second. I got it back in n started to run him down but it was too late, he ended up with a 13.6, i should of had a 13.5 or better if i didnt miss that dam shift. And i really need to get some new tires, these 245's spin like crazy. Hope to do alot better next time, i think im starting to get the hang of it.

black
    1999 camaro

If anybody has any tips on how they launch there m6 w/ street tires i would like to hear them. i feel like if im not spinning then im bogging out, just cant win with these tires. thanks

black
    1999 camaro

Well i went back this weekend and did alittle better. I ran a 13.8 then a 13.7 but still spinning ike crazy, really need to get some radials on the car.

black
    2014 camaro 2ss/rs

here's how i've been telling people with manuals how to launch. hold the rpms to about 2200 rpms with the clutch pedal up to the point to just before it engages. when it's time to go, let out the clutch WITHOUT adding gas pedal. if it's hooking, then add as much gas pedal as you can without breaking loose the tires. if tires spin on launch, decrease rpms at launch. if bogs, add more rpms to launch. if you spin, let out and get back in it. the more you spin, the worse the ET. we all know this, we just keep forgetting to let out and get back in.

also, add your times to the ET listing.
    Cold Air Intake, Muffler Delete, Vinci High Performance Dual Valve Springs, Hardened Pushrods, Yella Terra 1.85 Rockers, Some Hydropdipped Stuff, Strut Tower Brace, Some SS Badges, boost/vacuum gauge, fuel pressure gauge, some checkered stripes, drilled/slotted rotors, ZL1addons Stealth wickerbill, Ruxifey LED side markers

Thread Information