Thread: ZR1 5 spokes

Velocity Yellow
    2008 Corvette Z06

ZR1 5 spokes

I haven't really done any research or shopping on these things, just wanted to hear some thoughts.

One of my newer customers has a set of ZR1 takeoffs. Original tires still on them, so obviously those will need to be replaced. He had them sent out to Texas in the mid 90's to have them chromed. HE says, he spent around $6k when all was said and done, and he is willing to part with them as is for $1800. They are definitely not in perfect shape.

2 questions; Are OEM ZR1's worth that much? And how hard/expensive is it to de-chrome wheels?

2018 Tahoe - Silver - OEM

2008 Z06 - Velocity Yellow - BBE exhuast - Airaid CAI **sold**

2002 Z06 - Electron Blue Metallic - D1 - E85 - 701 rwhp 687 rwtq **sold**

2002 Z28: M6 NBM - cam and boltons - 396rwhp 357 rwtq **sold**

its short but its skinny. jiveass's Avatar

pewter
    99 trans am

hell naw...lol...

Velocity Yellow
    2008 Corvette Z06

Quote Originally Posted by jiveass View Post
    hell naw...lol...
    Precisely the answer I was expecting... I really want a set now... lol

Visualize°Design°Create SSwt00SS's Avatar

'18 CTS-V
    '13 ZL1

agree with jiveass to a degree. if these are true Zr1's off an early to mid 90's Zr1, then perhaps. but the condition would really have to justify that high of a price.

now, if i tried to sell my chrome OEM 17x9 Zr1 5-spokes off my 2000 SS, i would believe around $800 is all they might get. some OEM stuff believe it or not, do bring a premium price, for god knows what reason(s)...

Velocity Yellow
    2008 Corvette Z06

Quote Originally Posted by SSwt00SS View Post
    agree with jiveass to a degree. if these are true Zr1's off an early to mid 90's Zr1, then perhaps. but the condition would really have to justify that high of a price.

now, if i tried to sell my chrome OEM 17x9 Zr1 5-spokes off my 2000 SS, i would believe around $800 is all they might get. some OEM stuff believe it or not, do bring a premium price, for god knows what reason(s)...
    They are legit OEM Zr1's. He still had the documentation from the dealer he bought them from. Probably the reason he payed so much to begin with. And they are the 17x9 and 17x11's too. The chroming part is what has turned me off... I'm not a huge fan of chrome to begin with, and to me, he ruined the originality of those wheels. And as you said, the condition does not justify the dollars.

Light Pewter Metallic
    2001 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by konigandy6 View Post
    They are legit OEM Zr1's. He still had the documentation from the dealer he bought them from. Probably the reason he payed so much to begin with. And they are the 17x9 and 17x11's too. The chroming part is what has turned me off... I'm not a huge fan of chrome to begin with, and to me, he ruined the originality of those wheels. And as you said, the condition does not justify the dollars.
    i dont see why you couldnt just have them sandblasted. if it were me I would just buy some replicas for a third of the price.

Bright Rally Red
    2001 Camaro SS

yea my 01 SS came with Chrome SLP ZR1 wheels. Then I bought a set of 17x11's w/ 315 Nitto Drag Radials on them for $400 lol. And now I have an extra set to use from a friend with 275/40 17 mickey thompson ET streets...hmmm

white
    2002 z28 camaro

Smile

Thats to much. I sent you a PM.

2016 Camaro SS - Summit
    2001 Trans Am WS6 - NBM

Andy, had you said something to me about 2 years ago, I would have sold you my set. I let them go to a local guy for like $500.... they weren't perfect, but they were pretty clean, and they were OEM (well GM, not takeoffs from a real ZR1), not replica.

Velocity Yellow
    2008 Corvette Z06

Quote Originally Posted by fastt View Post
    Thats to much. I sent you a PM.
    Got it, thanks!!

Quote Originally Posted by Y2KArcticSS View Post
    Andy, had you said something to me about 2 years ago, I would have sold you my set. I let them go to a local guy for like $500.... they weren't perfect, but they were pretty clean, and they were OEM (well GM, not takeoffs from a real ZR1), not replica.
    2 years ago I was going through a rocky relationship that ended in a divorce... I had no inclination to buy anything for myself that she could potentially take from me. But now... I wanna buy EVERYTHING!!!

2016 Camaro SS - Summit
    2001 Trans Am WS6 - NBM

Got it, thanks!!

2 years ago I was going through a rocky relationship that ended in a divorce... I had no inclination to buy anything for myself that she could potentially take from me. But now... I wanna buy EVERYTHING!!!
    Gotcha, they better off not being trashed by 'she'. Well good luck. You need to find some 17x11's for the back end, so you can be like me

Now that you want to buy everything, how bout you buy me a rebuild and heads/cam, and a 12-bolt .....no?........Well, it was worth a shot

2016 Summit White 1SS - The DD - Mishimoto catch can, Solo axleback & secondary cat delete, LED sidemarkers & reverse lights, head/taillight blackout, RCC custom badges
    2001 NBM Trans Am WS6 - Torquer V2 cam, Yank 3000 stall, Transgo kit, Racetronix fuel pump, TSP LTs, Magnaflow catback, Strano Springs/Koni STR.T shocks, 17x9.5/17x11 TTII's
    2000 Arctic White SS #1667 - Sold

Velocity Yellow
    2008 Corvette Z06

Gotcha, they better off not being trashed by 'she'. Well good luck. You need to find some 17x11's for the back end, so you can be like me

Now that you want to buy everything, how bout you buy me a rebuild and heads/cam, and a 12-bolt .....no?........Well, it was worth a shot
    A rebuild? Did you blow her up? I'm buying heads later this spring for myself. And I definitely NEED the 17x11's!

I probably won't buy them for you, but I'll help you with the install!! Easy 1000 mile / 17 hour road trip!

2016 Camaro SS - Summit
    2001 Trans Am WS6 - NBM

A rebuild? Did you blow her up? I'm buying heads later this spring for myself. And I definitely NEED the 17x11's!

I probably won't buy them for you, but I'll help you with the install!! Easy 1000 mile / 17 hour road trip!

No, but heads/cam on a 203k motor....just sounds like Murphy's Law waiting to happen. Transmission could use some Viper internals too
    To be honest, it needs a lot of work now... I need a car for my car Yo dawg, we put a car in yo car so you can drive while you drive.

Come oooonnn doooown!!! you're the next contestant on The Car is Broke!

Velocity Yellow
    2008 Corvette Z06

No, but heads/cam on a 203k motor....just sounds like Murphy's Law waiting to happen. Transmission could use some Viper internals too
    To be honest, it needs a lot of work now... I need a car for my car Yo dawg, we put a car in yo car so you can drive while you drive.

Come oooonnn doooown!!! you're the next contestant on The Car is Broke!
    If I'm ever down that way, I'm for sure gonna stop by. And then I have to stop by Preston's to annoy him. And then to Tom's to annoy him. Come to think of it, why don't I just move to OK... Seems like that's the happening place for Fbodies!

2016 Camaro SS - Summit
    2001 Trans Am WS6 - NBM

If I'm ever down that way, I'm for sure gonna stop by. And then I have to stop by Preston's to annoy him. And then to Tom's to annoy him. Come to think of it, why don't I just move to OK... Seems like that's the happening place for Fbodies!
    Well two of the three of us have some badass low mileage Camaro's.
    Last edited by Y2KArcticSS; 03-31-2011 at 01:20 PM.

Thread Information