Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wheel fitment?

2010 Nissan Sentra SR dd
    2001 Pontiac Trans Am WS6

Wheel fitment?

Will 18x9.5 in the front and 19x12 in the rear fit on a 2001 WS6 with stock suspension? I was also planning on lowering the car about 1.5". Does anyone know if they would fit after that drop? Also, would the wheels be two wide for the stock fenders? I know nothing about wheel fitment, lol.

Black
    '98 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by KnightmareWS6 View Post
    Will 18x9.5 in the front and 19x12 in the rear fit on a 2001 WS6 with stock suspension? I was also planning on lowering the car about 1.5". Does anyone know if they would fit after that drop? Also, would the wheels be two wide for the stock fenders? I know nothing about wheel fitment, lol.
    I've never heard of anyone going wider than 11" in the rear. I can't imagine 12 would fit without major modifications, especially with the car lowered. I don't know for sure, others will chime in.

Light Pewter Metallic
    2001 Camaro SS

the front will fit but there is no way the rear would fit without some major changes
    2012 Regal GS

2004 Cadillac CTS-V (Sold)
    2001 Camaro SS (Sold)
    1999 Camaro Z28 (Sold)

2010 Nissan Sentra SR dd

Dang. Well the reason I ask is because I want to get this wheel set. They're 2008 C6 Z06 Sport Edition wheels. I guess I'll have to find them in a different fitment then.

http://www.c5racer.com/catalog/produ...53583b709ffd9b

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

I agree with whats been said above, fronts would be no issue. I run 11s in the rear and can't imagine fitting 12s. My 11s didn't clear by much.

Sunset Orange Metalic
    2001 Camaro SS

i got 11.5s on a 50mm offset and they are a tight fit
    12s would fit on the right offset but they will probablt stick out the wheel wells a gppd amount. You will also most likely have to ogrind off your bumpstops do lots of hammering and roll your lips

tired will most likely cost a fortune 18s cost more than enough
    Last edited by tatertot91; 04-19-2010 at 04:19 PM.

Light Pewter Metallic
    2001 Camaro SS

Dang. Well the reason I ask is because I want to get this wheel set. They're 2008 C6 Z06 Sport Edition wheels. I guess I'll have to find them in a different fitment then.

http://www.c5racer.com/catalog/produ...53583b709ffd9b

Click for full size
    these would work http://www.oewheelsllc.com/Wheels-fo...02413-3-1.html. You can call them and they probably have them in different finishes

Sunset Orange Metalic
    2001 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by 2001camaroSS View Post
    these would work http://www.oewheelsllc.com/Wheels-fo...02413-3-1.html. You can call them and they probably have them in different finishes
    FITMENT:Will need adapter for fitment on stock 4th generation Camaros 1993 - 2002 and stock Firebird & 4th generation Trans Am - 1993 - 2002

Light Pewter Metallic
    2001 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by tatertot91 View Post
    FITMENT:Will need adapter for fitment on stock 4th generation Camaros 1993 - 2002 and stock Firebird & 4th generation Trans Am - 1993 - 2002
    thanks for pointing that out to the OP. I personally would go with something like this http://www.oewheelsllc.com/Wheels-fo...02392-3-1.html. Except I wouldn't get the rivets and I would get the front in 18x8.5

Sunset Orange Metalic
    2001 Camaro SS

Except I wouldn't get the rivets
    Only thing i dislike about my wheels, damn bolts all the way around

Light Pewter Metallic
    2001 Camaro SS

Only thing i dislike about my wheels, damn bolts all the way around
    yea from what everyone tells me they are impossible to keep clean and I'm just not a huge fan of the look

Sunset Orange Metalic
    2001 Camaro SS

yea from what everyone tells me they are impossible to keep clean

Price to pay for 3 piece wheels

2011 Silverado CC 4x4 6.2

I like the way it looks on some rims, not so much on others. Huge fan of the adaptability of three-piece wheels, but I have to agree that it would suck to clean them.

2010 Nissan Sentra SR dd

Thanks. I'll have to look into those.
    Adapter?
    thanks for pointing that out to the OP. I personally would go with something like this http://www.oewheelsllc.com/Wheels-fo...02392-3-1.html. Except I wouldn't get the rivets and I would get the front in 18x8.5
    Those look pretty good too. Hmmmm. I'll just have to keep looking around and see what I can find.

And someone asked about the offset of the ones I posted: 40mm offset up front and +59mm offset in the rear. I'm assuming that doesnt really help me. Can anyone give me any general guidelines for what will fit and what the limits are of what will fit on an f-body?

Sunset Orange Metalic
    2001 Camaro SS

Thanks. I'll have to look into those.

Adapter?

Those look pretty good too. Hmmmm. I'll just have to keep looking around and see what I can find.

And someone asked about the offset of the ones I posted: 40mm offset up front and +59mm offset in the rear. I'm assuming that doesnt really help me. Can anyone give me any general guidelines for what will fit and what the limits are of what will fit on an f-body?
    Adapter meaning it probably has too big an offset so it'll probably rub. You'd need a spacer to pull the wheel out more. Also wouldn't recommend spacers, if you really have to i would recommend longer hardened wheel studs.

Not sure what exact one will fit, it all depends on how wide the rim is. How wide do you wanna go, and how much are you willing to spend? (wheels, and tires)

2010 Nissan Sentra SR dd

Adapter meaning it probably has too big an offset so it'll probably rub. You'd need a spacer to pull the wheel out more. Also wouldn't recommend spacers, if you really have to i would recommend longer hardened wheel studs.

Not sure what exact one will fit, it all depends on how wide the rim is. How wide do you wanna go, and how much are you willing to spend? (wheels, and tires)
    I want to go wide enough to give it badass looking stance, but I dont want to go too wide becaues I'd like to do a little road course racing and some auto-x with it. And I dont have that much money so I was hoping around like $800 max for rims. I know that kind of limits me but I dont have too much money to work with right now.

Light Pewter Metallic
    2001 Camaro SS

I want to go wide enough to give it badass looking stance, but I dont want to go too wide becaues I'd like to do a little road course racing and some auto-x with it. And I dont have that much money so I was hoping around like $800 max for rims. I know that kind of limits me but I dont have too much money to work with right now.
    do u know how wide of tires you want. youre going to get your badass looking stance from the tire width and you just need to get a rim that will fit properly with that tire size.

Sunset Orange Metalic
    2001 Camaro SS

If you don't have a lot of money get 17s, tires are much cheaper

2010 Nissan Sentra SR dd

do u know how wide of tires you want. youre going to get your badass looking stance from the tire width and you just need to get a rim that will fit properly with that tire size.
    Well, I guess 10" in the back and 9" up front? Would that look decent? What's the biggest that I can go in the back without having to do any modifications to the spacing and all?
    If you don't have a lot of money get 17s, tires are much cheaper
    It'll only be a DD for a little while and then it will be just a weekend car so tires will last a good while.

Light Pewter Metallic
    2001 Camaro SS

Well, I guess 10" in the back and 9" up front? Would that look decent? What's the biggest that I can go in the back without having to do any modifications to the spacing and all?
    I'm not sure if you are lowered or not but a pretty common set up is 275s F and 295s R and that translates to 18x9 - 9.5 F and 18x10.5 R

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information