pewter
    2000 camaro z28

Thumbs up what vette wheel and what tire to run

i just bought my car last saturday. stock wheels and stock tires. original. i want to upgrade stock tires FIRST so i can hook up, then i want to upgrade and put vette wheels on my 2000 z28. what is the best year/wheel from the vette to run on the camaro. prefferably without spacers? if thats even possible. and what tire would you all reccomend for now on stock wheel that will hook the best. i cant enjoy this car cuz it wants to donut on stock tires.

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

Look one thread below this to find pics of different Vette wheels. Tires depend on the power level/mods.
    ┌∩┐(◕_◕)┌∩┐

Man: The Mods you are fighting,
    they are the biggest Men I have ever seen. I
    wouldn't want to fight them!

Me: That is why no one will remember your name!

Black
    00 camaro ss M6 #6695

C5 zo6 rims are the best.
    Rear 295/35/18
    Front 275/40/17
    00 ss blk m6 " STOCK" strano springs, slp bilstein shocks, adj LCA, adj panhard bar, relocation brackets, 2 point SFCs welded,OEM zo6 rims black, magnaflow exhaust, CME exhaust,E/cutout, slp grille, custom front plate mount, HIDs, whistler mod, side moldings delete, slp air lid, ported and polished TB, strut tower brace, 3.73s gears, and some other parts to list!
    next to come,4.10s,ls7 clutch, ms3 or 228r cam, ported 243s, ls6 intake, ls6 oil pump. ls2 timing chain, longtube headers no cats, with a tune..
    02 tahoe Z71 blacked out
    00 jeep grand Cherokee limited on 22s.
    07 Dodge Charger R/T Inferno Red, Sold
    98 z28 red m6 sold
    07 zx6r ninja flat/black sold
    08 zx6r ninja sold

Light Pewter Metallic
    2001 Camaro SS

its going to be all about taste. if it was me i would buy c5 deep dish wheels and i would run 18s all around. i dislike the staggered 17/18 combo.
    2012 Regal GS

2004 Cadillac CTS-V (Sold)
    2001 Camaro SS (Sold)
    1999 Camaro Z28 (Sold)

pewter
    2000 camaro z28

thanks for that thats what i was pondering on. agreed it is. i still want to hook the best i can with some new tires for now. any ideas? there are so many options out there i want to find a good tire that will hook the best on stock suspension setup. i still have the eagle rs factory tires on this car. no traction whatsoever, this is going to be my first step, want a good sticking tire with good handling manners. without being insane on price for a 16 " tire. i know you get what you pay for, i just want to do it right the first time..

Light Pewter Metallic
    2001 Camaro SS

which wheels are you going to end up getting and in what sizes?

pewter
    2000 camaro z28

i honestly dont know yet. im finding that there are more options than i ever dreamed of for this car. for right now, im keeping snowflakes, and just want to upgrade the factory tires, i was just looking to put the best 245 50 16's for now, without being ridiculous

white
    1999 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by schlipp View Post
    i honestly dont know yet. im finding that there are more options than i ever dreamed of for this car. for right now, im keeping snowflakes, and just want to upgrade the factory tires, i was just looking to put the best 245 50 16's for now, without being ridiculous
    for street tires either firehawk wide ovals, or look into some nitto tires. I would only put nittos on my stang and sti good price, lots of sizes and hella grip.

Green
    1997 Camaro Z-28

Quote Originally Posted by schlipp View Post
    Dude go to OEwheels on the internet and they are also on ebay and I bought a set of 9.5 17inch zr1's with tires, ballanced and lugs and center caps for like 730 bucks a couple of years ago. 275/40/17's all the way around. They also make offset sets of wheels for 9.5 wide up front and 10's 10.5's or even 11's out back. For the cost of buying stock tires and having them mounted and ballanced (400 to 800 depending on what tire you buy) spend a few more and get new wheels with tires.

Black
    1999 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by JaycenK View Post
    Dude go to OEwheels on the internet and they are also on ebay and I bought a set of 9.5 17inch zr1's with tires, ballanced and lugs and center caps for like 730 bucks a couple of years ago. 275/40/17's all the way around. They also make offset sets of wheels for 9.5 wide up front and 10's 10.5's or even 11's out back. For the cost of buying stock tires and having them mounted and ballanced (400 to 800 depending on what tire you buy) spend a few more and get new wheels with tires.
    Tire prices have gone up massively in the last 1-2 years so I wouldn't bank on getting that good of a deal anymore.

black
    1999 camaro SS

i love the spyders on my car but if I didn't get them my second choice was going to be a set of gumby's. I brought it up before on here and everybody who commented was negative about it because no one had done it yet. wel.., I finaly saw an SS a couple days ago with them and it looks KILLER!! I wish I would of been the first one to do it but oh well. I love the C6 5 spokes but the gumby's look even better.

Green
    1997 Camaro Z-28

Quote Originally Posted by HOBS View Post
    Tire prices have gone up massively in the last 1-2 years so I wouldn't bank on getting that good of a deal anymore.
    Up a bit but still out there. I live 45 min up the road from them so I just asked them if I could go pick them up. thats why I got mine for 730 but shipping was 75 back then. I watched their actions for 4 months and someone slipped up and set up one of the auctions as an auction or buy it now and the start price was like 675. so I waited untill 1 min and then but in the minimum bid and got them. Because I live in florida where they are located though I had to pay sales tax so thats why I never just went ahead and did buy it now and have to pay shipping and sales tax.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/17-Po...eelQ5fPackages

BLACK
    1999 TRANS AM

[IMG][/IMG]

Navy Blue Metallic
    '00 Formy A4

Why throw away money on tires for your 16's when you know you're going to upgrade to 17's or 18's later??

If hooking up is that important, just get a set of drag radials for the 16's to leave on the back, and then when you upgrade wheels you'll have the DR's for the track.

And someone said C5 Z06's were the best. Yeah, that's just a matter of opinion, because personally I think C5 Z06 wheels are hideous.

They all come in the same sizes, just go with whatever wheel design you like best. And if you buy replica Vette wheels, and not wheels actually off a vette, yu won't have to deal with spacers or anything, as the replica's have the proper fitments for F-Bodies.

Dammit, just realized I replied to an old theread.

Way to bring this back from the dead.

Thread Information