black
    95 trans am

ruff racing wheels anyone?

looking top get a set of 18x8.5's or x 9's just haven't decided between the 280 or 930 models? any help in opinion would be very much appreciated I don;t know if I should get the common 5 spoke or split 5 spoke..but they are kinda different from others one set has a sharp bend to the spokes and the other has a rounded bend and I like the lip, I am going with all the same around so. Does anyone have ruff racing wheels?

triple-black
    2000 CamaroSS convertible

I would recommend against them if you gonna use them on a F-body.
    Ruff wheels are 5x120
    F-Body's are 5x120.65

Those are not the same bolt pattern.
    What happens is that the lugnuts won't be centered on the wheel hole, and make pressure mainly on the outside side of the wheel nut hole, making the lugnuts become loose fairly easy with time/use.

I'd look for wheels with proper bolt-pattern... there are plenty available.
    Eugenio_SS
    almost stock triple-black 2000 SS convertible with 17x11s on all 4 w/ 315s at the track or on the street with 18x10.5s on all 4 w/ 315s: (1), (2)

Awaiting Activation

Black
    2001 Camaro Z28 A4

As Eugenio SS stated, this is not the right thing to do. I know there are a lot of companies out there that state their wheels will fit Camaro's as the bolt pattern is a very miniscule difference. Although some people have gotten away with doing so, why risk the chance of a lug nut becoming loose or worse, having the lug break. Although the tolerances might be small, the stress placed upon the lugs is tremendous.

Bright Rally Red
    2002 SS Camaro vert

I was not aware of this, and have been looking at ruff wheels. Thanks for the info. Could you suggest a few brands that have the exact size.

Awaiting Activation

Black
    2001 Camaro Z28 A4

Depends on what your budget range is. You can go high end ($$$$) and opt for brands like Fikse, IForged, etc. Or to stay on the conservative side, get aftermarket replicas. OE Wheels has several to choose from. You can try ebay and search for wheels to fit your vehicle.

triple-black

when looking, just make sure you get 5x120.65 and not 5x120 (those are good for BMW, for example)
    So if you see them talking that it fits BMW, just scratch them from your list.

Bright Rally Red
    2002 SS Camaro vert

It seems like every 5 star wheel with a lip is made for a bmw on ebay. I'd like to spend less than 350 per rim. I'd love a set of ccw's but they are too expensive.

Awaiting Activation

Black
    2001 Camaro Z28 A4

If you like the deep dish look without going broke, check out these wheels on ebay. The company on ebay is OE Wheels LLC.
    The set is (2) 17x9.5 for the front and (2) 18x10.5 for the rear. The picture is of the rear wheel only. The front wheels have a smaller lip. You should be able to get the wheels for under $700 to include shipping.

Last edited by yyun; 03-05-2009 at 03:14 PM.

Bright Rally Red
    2002 SS Camaro vert

WOW...I really like those a lot! Thanks for the info. I've heard of staggered widths but why a 17" front and an 18" rear?

triple-black

you can also get 18x10.5 on all corners to keep 18s allround and be able to rotate.

Junior Member 2002FormulaBlackbird's Avatar

Black
    2002 Firebird Formula

Hi have the RUFF R931, and havent had any fitment issues or bolts coming loose like some people say on here.

BLACK
    1999 Trans Am WS-6

I have the R280 never had any issue with the wheels.

Awaiting Activation

Black
    2001 Camaro Z28 A4

Quote Originally Posted by Bigjohn View Post
    WOW...I really like those a lot! Thanks for the info. I've heard of staggered widths but why a 17" front and an 18" rear?
    I've asked the company if they sold the wheels in 18's all around and they stated they did not. They only have the staggered sizes in this type of wheel. I am planning to buy these wheels as soon as I save up some $$. BTW they also have this same design in Black with a polished lip. Those look great also.

Awaiting Activation

Black
    2001 Camaro Z28 A4

Quote Originally Posted by vikingramair View Post
    I have the R280 never had any issue with the wheels.
    I know of many people who have mounted the 120mm bolt pattern on an F-Body and did not have any issues. On the flip side, I also know of some who did have the lugs break, lug nuts come loose, etc. It's a matter of luck in some instances and in some a matter of time. Everyone is free to do what they please, but call me a coward as I will not tempt fate and do such a thing. For those who had no problems, I'm glad nothing bad has happened to them.

Bright Rally Red
    2002 SS Camaro vert

yyun...make sure you post a pic when you get them. If I can't get 4 18's then I'll probably look elsewhere. Why would they give up a sale? Hopefully at some time in the future they'll come to their senses and sell them in all 18's.

Awaiting Activation

Black
    2001 Camaro Z28 A4

Quote Originally Posted by Bigjohn View Post
    yyun...make sure you post a pic when you get them. If I can't get 4 18's then I'll probably look elsewhere. Why would they give up a sale? Hopefully at some time in the future they'll come to their senses and sell them in all 18's.
    I've been watching these wheels for over a year now and still no changes on the sizes. I know of many members from CamaroZ28.com who emailed OE wheels and asked for the 18" setup but no luck. Watch, as soon as I order them, they will change. Such is the luck that I have!

Artic White
    2002 Camaro SS

Here are some pics of the deep dish C5 and C6 wheels.
    18x10.5 all the way around.

18x8.5 front and 18x10.5 rear

Pewter
    2000 Pontiac Trans Am WS6

Yes I have a set of Ruff Racing 280 wheels on my 2000 Trans Am WS6, heres a pic of it. Hope it helps you out!

Thread Information