Mean Black
    1998 Trans Am

Recommended websites to order wheels

Hi guys. I might be keeping my TA after all and would like to see some wheel options to change it to 17's. I'm looking for black wheels with chrome lip. I want it to be straight bolt on. Any suggestions on websites? I was looking at amazon because of prime's free shipping but can't find anything I like yet. As far as width our 17's OEM wheels are 9" wide right? Thanks in advance.

Black/ Silver
    98 TA WS6/ 01 C5 Corvette

I would check out oem wheels llc, they have some 17" zr1 wheels which are black with a chrome or machined lip. Also the stock 17" wheels are 9" wide.
    1998 Trans Am WS6 - Phantom
    421 CI LQ9, Tick Performance Custom Cam, TFS 255cc LS3 heads, Kooks 2" LT headers, Kooks 3" True Duals w/ high flow cats, FTP 104 lid, Speed Density Tune, 4" silicon tube, LS6 VCT, FAST 102 Intake, NW 102 TB, Oil Catch Can, SLP Bilstein Shocks w/ Vogtland Springs, CTS-V 4-piston Calipers w/C6 Z06 rotors, Stainless Steel Brake Lines, R1 concepts premium rotors, Hawk HP+ brake pads, VFN WSQ Hood, C5-R timing chain, SLP oil pump, E85 tune, Walbro 450 fuel pump, Deatschwerkz 95# injectors, Breathless performance headlights, Frost Tune, !HVAC.
    (Coming Soon) BMR DSL, UMI TQ Arm
    421 LQ9 14.8:1 on E85 Build/

Mean Black
    1998 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by 98TransAmWs-6 View Post
    I would check out oem wheels llc, they have some 17" zr1 wheels which are black with a chrome or machined lip. Also the stock 17" wheels are 9" wide.
    Thanks. One question about their site, Am I reading this correct? It says when you add 1 to cart it adds a whole set of 4 wheels. So for example:

Trans Am Wheels

Is that $352 plus shipping for a set of 4? If it is that is not bad at all.

Mean Black
    1998 Trans Am

Also I didn't noticed any of their wheels at 9". I see 8.5 and 9.5 inches. Will 9.5 work fine without rubbing anywhere? I have eibach lowered springs in the front and blisteins HD shock/struts all around. I'm thinking about raising the front back stock again since the eibach make the ride kind of tough which is expected.

I like this set a lot and with tires included it is not bad price. It doesn't say what kind of tire is it.

Camaro Corvette Wheels & Tires

What do you think?

Mean Black
    1998 Trans Am

or this one if I want gloss finish.

Camaro Corvette Wheels & Tires

Black/ Silver
    98 TA WS6/ 01 C5 Corvette

Quote Originally Posted by JayTA98 View Post
    Thanks. One question about their site, Am I reading this correct? It says when you add 1 to cart it adds a whole set of 4 wheels. So for example:

Trans Am Wheels

Is that $352 plus shipping for a set of 4? If it is that is not bad at all.
    You are correct. 9.5 wide wheels will fit no problem. I have 18x9.5 in the front and I have put 10" wide wheels in the front with no problems and I am lowered 1.2". Out of the three you posted I like the 1st or 3rd best but I am partial to these:

http://www.oewheelsllc.com/Wheels_3/Wheels-for-Pontiac/Corvette-ZR1-Wheels-black#.U10DR9MpDFo

These are staggered but they can come all in the 9.5 width as well. Oh I just noticed they are out of stock. I would have these if I could but my brakes won't allow it without grinding.
    Last edited by 98TransAmWs-6; 04-27-2014 at 05:20 AM.

Mean Black
    1998 Trans Am

You are correct. 9.5 wide wheels will fit no problem. I have 18x9.5 in the front and I have put 10" wide wheels in the front with no problems and I am lowered 1.2". Out of the three you posted I like the 1st or 3rd best but I am partial to these:

Camaro Wheels

These are staggered but they can come all in the 9.5 width as well. Oh I just noticed they are out of stock. I would have these if I could but my brakes won't allow it without grinding.
    yeah I was looking at those as well. I don't care for the staggered option.
    1998 TA 130k A4, LS6 intake, TunedByFrost, Airlid, AIR and EGR delete, Borla exhaust, front Eibach lowering springs, LS6 valley cover, UMI TQ arm, UMI LCA's, UMI panhard bar, Poly engine mounts, BMR relocation brackets, Blistein HD shocks and struts, Oil catch can, Autotrix window fix.

Now I have an 2001 F150 5.4L

Pewter
    2002 Trans Am WS6 M6

I have 18x10.5 at all four corners with no modifying needed.
    Mods - Lid, Skip Shift Eliminator, MGW shifter, UMI SFCs, Founders Lower Control Arms, Founders Panhard Bar, Founders Adj. Torque Arm, UMI Torque arm mount, MWC Drive shaft safety loop, KONI Yellows, Strano Springs, Strano Sway bars, UMI Upper and lower A Arms, 160 thermostat, TSP headers and TSP true duals Monster stage 2 clutch, racetronix fuel pump, Strange S60 rear axle and tune by Frost.

Mean Black
    1998 Trans Am

No rubbing at all?

Pewter
    2002 Trans Am WS6 M6

Nope. Even the tire guy was swearing it wouldn't fit till he got them on. Said he was so used to seeing staggered sizes on f bodies he didn't believe it would. But there is more room up front then you think. As for the back 295 is the perfect size if you don't want to worry about rubbing. Do wish I went with a 305 width. Probably do that on the next set and address any issues.

Mean Black
    1998 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by raynor139 View Post
    Nope. Even the tire guy was swearing it wouldn't fit till he got them on. Said he was so used to seeing staggered sizes on f bodies he didn't believe it would. But there is more room up front then you think. As for the back 295 is the perfect size if you don't want to worry about rubbing. Do wish I went with a 305 width. Probably do that on the next set and address any issues.
    cool nice to hear.

- - - Updated - - -

What is our wheel's bolt pattern? Do I need spacers with any 17 wheels even if they are staggered? Thanks.
    Last edited by JayTA98; 04-29-2014 at 12:35 PM.

Pewter
    2002 Trans Am WS6 M6

5-120.65 and as for the spacer you shouldn't unless you go really wide.

Black
    1998 Trans am WS6

OEWHEELSLLC.COM talk to Lance, just got mine in great deal on really nice rims

Thread Information