Arctic White
    '00 Camaro M6 SS #3553

New wheels/tires - help with fitting!

Hopefully within the next couple of weeks, I'm going to put in an order for some CCW SP550 rims/tires (thanks to Y2KPewterSS's bitchin' set of wheels that completely sold me on CCWs). I want to make sure beforehand that I get the sizes right, and I want to go 18"s all the way around. It'd be nice to be able to rotate the tires, but it's not necessarily a must, as the car won't be seeing much mileage. Not looking to change anything on the car for fitment, either. Does anyone have recommendations on what sizes I should get???

White
    2000 Pontiac Trans Am

I just ordered a set of 505A's. I called them and they gave me recommendations and sent me pictures of the size wheels on my type of car and similar vehicles so I could get a visual reference also.

Arctic White
    '00 Camaro M6 SS #3553

505A's - those are nice. What did you end up spending on tires? Or have you gotten that far yet? Again, my car won't be seeing much road time, so I'm not needing anything super expensive, so I was hoping I'd make it around/under the $500 mark for all four.

White
    2000 Pontiac Trans Am

I got them wrapped in Continental ExtremeContact DW. They cost just under $1,100. I'm sure if you give them the amount you want to spend they'll find what you want. I also am getting the wheels in hyper black, I got tired of polishing the last chrome wheels I had.

Arctic White
    '00 Camaro M6 SS #3553

Oh yeah, I was gonna ask about the hyperblack - is that a cross between the gloss and satin finishes? It looks nice! Man, I hope tires don't run me that much. I already estimated the wheels themselves at almost $3,400 before tax...or is tax even involved???

Arctic White
    '00 Camaro M6 SS #3553

Another question - when you've got wheels that are this nice and expensive, do people take them off to clean them? Because I have a feeling that's what I'm going to end up doing. Never really had a nice set of rims, so I've never had the desire to really keep them that immaculate.

White
    2000 Pontiac Trans Am

Yeah hyper black is like the in between. After they paint it black they spray it vertically with silver. They told me the how the process works so if you're curious just ask them. They are great with answering questions. They have a bunch of tires so I'm sure they can get the price or close to it that you're looking for. If you're buying from out of state you will be exempt from sales tax. S&H for me was $185, I'm located in Michigan. They will send you a complete breakdown of what everything costs individually before purchasing. I don't get a chance to take my car out to much so I don't take the wheels off every time I wash them. I'll probably take them off a couple times a month to wash the entire wheel. If you look on their site they have cleaning tips to keeping them look great, I suggest reading it so you know what not to use on them that'll hurt the finish they use.

Arctic White
    '00 Camaro M6 SS #3553

Awesome and thanks for all the help! Post some pics of the 'bird when you get the new rims on!

White
    2000 Pontiac Trans Am

No problem. Will do! I'll be home in the very beginning of July and should have them ready to be put on

Black / White
    '00 T/A M6/'19 Hemi Truck

Quote Originally Posted by GungHoPopsicle View Post
    Another question - when you've got wheels that are this nice and expensive, do people take them off to clean them? Because I have a feeling that's what I'm going to end up doing. Never really had a nice set of rims, so I've never had the desire to really keep them that immaculate.
    detailing a car = take the wheels off. I do mine like once a month...if you do it on a fairly regular basis you wont get brake dust and dirt caked into the wheels. I usually pick a Saturday once a month and do it...sometimes I'll skip a month.

Arctic White
    '00 Camaro M6 SS #3553

Cool. Will definitely do that. Just put in the order today!

Black / White
    '00 T/A M6/'19 Hemi Truck

Cool. Will definitely do that. Just put in the order today!
    A good wheel cleaner really helps too...just don't get something with a lot of acid. I'd recommend something that is designed for raw uncoated aluminum wheels so it doesn't dull the finish over time. They tend to be the most gentle out there...
    2000 Black TA M6 - LT's, ORY, UMI Short Stick, TT2's, Drilled/Slotted Rotors, Braided Lines, and Tuned by Vengeance SCCA and Car Show Approved
    2019 Ram 1500 Crew Cab Laramie Limited
    2015 Ram 1500 Crew Cab Sport Premium Hemi - Sold
    2010 Hemi Crew Cab Sport Premium - Tuner and HID's - Sold
    06 Quad Cab HHHHemi - Sold
    99 Hugger Orange Camaro - Sold
    97 Camaro - Sold

Arctic White
    '00 Camaro M6 SS #3553

I've decided to go ahead and grab some new brakes and rotors before the new rims come in. Do you guys have any recommendations? Not looking to get anything high-performance, just something relatively good-looking but low-key at the same time. I default to lmperformance.com for pricing, so I'm wondering if those Power Slot rotors they have are my best option.

Black/ Silver
    98 TA WS6/ 01 C5 Corvette

I've decided to go ahead and grab some new brakes and rotors before the new rims come in. Do you guys have any recommendations? Not looking to get anything high-performance, just something relatively good-looking but low-key at the same time. I default to lmperformance.com for pricing, so I'm wondering if those Power Slot rotors they have are my best option.
    I would get R1 Concepts eline rotors which are high quality oem replacements with posi-quiet pads instead of their premium rotors with Hawk HP+ pads since you don't want high performance. Message the member r1concepts here on ls1 and they will set you up.
    1998 Trans Am WS6 - Phantom
    421 CI LQ9, Tick Performance Custom Cam, TFS 255cc LS3 heads, Kooks 2" LT headers, Kooks 3" True Duals w/ high flow cats, FTP 104 lid, Speed Density Tune, 4" silicon tube, LS6 VCT, FAST 102 Intake, NW 102 TB, Oil Catch Can, SLP Bilstein Shocks w/ Vogtland Springs, CTS-V 4-piston Calipers w/C6 Z06 rotors, Stainless Steel Brake Lines, R1 concepts premium rotors, Hawk HP+ brake pads, VFN WSQ Hood, C5-R timing chain, SLP oil pump, E85 tune, Walbro 450 fuel pump, Deatschwerkz 95# injectors, Breathless performance headlights, Frost Tune, !HVAC.
    (Coming Soon) BMR DSL, UMI TQ Arm
    421 LQ9 14.8:1 on E85 Build/

White
    2000 Pontiac Trans Am

^ agree

Thread Information